Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My Sister

LIFE IS SHORT...LIVE HARD Nomad's Avatar
    Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    07:20 AM

My Sister

Shes going to lose everything. Her husband, the kids, the house, everything.
    4 yrs ago when I found an empty Oxycontin bottle on the beach near her boat I talked to her about it but the denial was mind blowing and overwhelming. Her husband told me to butt out, I think she intimidates him.
    So he swept it under the rug and now it seems to be coming to a head.
    Shes been getting a free ride and its going to blow up in her face.
    I told her today that theres a strong possibility she will lose her kids if they get seperated.
    She denied using drugs even though the day my wife got out of surgery she called here wanting to come by and pick up some of my wifes painkillers.
    The other day another doctor refused to treat her, he said she was drug seeking.
    She denied this ever happened even though her husbands mom was with her and she told my wife what happened.

The call I made to her today was in the hopes the thought of losing her children (its happened before) was a real possibility, but all she could say was I was crazy and I had no idea what I was talking about.

I feel sick to my stomach, in some way I understand why her husband is a coward but I think he has a responsibility in letting this go on as long as it has.
    He had an obligation to the kids to give her an ultimatum a long time ago.
    I cant pursue this anymore because shes fiercely protecting her drug use.
    Shes convinced I dont understand whats really going on so she pretends like its not real.

I havent seen her not stoned more than a handful of times in the last years but shes very clever in her denial and so Im second guessing myself but Im fighting that. I know Im right.

I dont have the heart to be the one to have the knock down drag out fight its going to be. Anyway I guess she just might have to lose the kids and get well or she wont have to buy cough syrup to pretend anymore, shell be free to just start drinking again and die.
    I AM AWESOME MAN

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    09:20 AM

Re: My Sister

Hi Nomad

I'm so sorry to hear this news... All of my thoughts are with you and family. It's heartbreaking to know that you're so helpless when it comes to some family issues. I had some similar problems with a close family member and found that counselling for ME helped a great deal in dealing with these issues. I learned how to cope, understand, appreciate. love and help this member of my family. In fact, I helped raise his children for many years. I was there for the children alway and still am. It's good to reach out to the children

You're a wonderful brother to feel such compassion.

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

You're a wonderful brother to feel such compassion

All I feel right now is ill.
    I AM AWESOME MAN

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

I understand how you feel. I have a sister in same shoes, except her kids have been taken away, and she doesn't care. I alternate between a feeling of helplessness and bitter anger. It's hard to want to help someone, when they don't care to help themselves.
    "Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"
    my son

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Sheryl View Post
    I understand how you feel. I have a sister in same shoes, except her kids have been taken away, and she doesn't care. I alternate between a feeling of helplessness and bitter anger. It's hard to want to help someone, when they don't care to help themselves.

You cant.
    Right or wrong I have to concentrate on my own sobriety or it all gets flushed down the toilet for me.
    I AM AWESOME MAN

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You're a wonderful brother to feel such compassion

All I feel right now is ill.
    You are a wonderful brother Nomad, otherwise you wouldn't care. I think that I know how you feel Nomad. because I've been there. Issues tend to get worse before they get better because every negative issue has to come out in the open at once. Therapy is a very painful experience because your soul is wide open for everyone to see. And then anger happens because you have to bare your soul to your loved one.

But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel...problems are not totally resolved, but you know that you're on the road to recovery.

I truly believe that you have to deal with your own feelings before you can help others....and always help the children first

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

Yes, the children.
    I AM AWESOME MAN

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You cant.
    Right or wrong I have to concentrate on my own sobriety or it all gets flushed down the toilet for me.

Then that's right Nomad...You have to help yourself before you can help others. Take care of yourself and then give support to sis later on.

I believe that you should focus and take care of yourself right now....Good luck luv and know that we're all here for you. You know that you can pm anyone of us and have a great chat. You know that we love ya

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Ellen View Post
    Then that's right Nomad...You have to help yourself before you can help others. Take care of yourself and then give support to sis later on.

I believe that you should focus and take care of yourself right now....Good luck luv and know that we're all here for you. You know that you can pm anyone of us and have a great chat. You know that we love ya

Thank you very much.
    I AM AWESOME MAN

Local Date
    12-10-2019
    Local Time
    12:20 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Nomad, what a wonderful brother you are, some would turn their heads the other way. I have been down this road myself with a very close family member. I remember feeling physically sick and depressed as I seemed to be hitting my head against a brick wall. Be there for the children, let her know you will be there always if she needs you but you cant help someone on drugs until they want the help themselves.
    I wish you all the best in the future and chin up

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast