Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT THE BOTTOM THIS POST TO GOD?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

2 3.23%
  • NO

46 74.19%
  • I ALREADY PRAYED ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR

10 16.13%
  • OTHER

4 6.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 286 of 288 FirstFirst ... 186 236 276 284 285 286 287 288 LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 2871

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Local Date
    03-20-2019
    Local Time
    07:02 AM

Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

If God exists than leave it up to him who gets in and who does not.

Local Date
    03-20-2019
    Local Time
    02:02 PM

Matter, Energy & Time are all interchangeable. They are related to each other.

In the beginning there was just Energy. There has always been Energy. The energy spontaneously reacted (as energy does all the time, without any required cause). That caused a chain reaction bringing Time & Matter into existence. That reaction is still happening, as has been proven by the observation of the expanding Universe. "God" is just an algebraic variable to represent anything that is not yet understood. This has always been the case. "God Of The Gaps". If you don't understand something, it's 'Supernatural' & God did it. Once that that something becomes understood & demonstrated to be perfectly natural & not supernatural then it suddenly becomes "That's how God intended it" - never that it simply happened because it's perfectly logical that it should happen.

Science works by observation of evidence.
    Science then takes that evidence to form a hypothesis
    Science examines further evidence. If the evidence supports the hypothesis it becomes a theory
    Science demands that the theory be constantly challenged with more evidence.
    If the evidence conflicts with the theory, then the theory is modified.

Religion relies on a story book that consistently contradicts itself as its only 'evidence'.
    Religion cherry picks evidence that may come close to supporting its beliefs & denies the existence of the rest.
    Religion gives credit for everything to something can't even prove exists.
    Religion refuses to accept that it has anything wrong.
    Faith, by definition, relies on unfounded belief, regardless of there being nothing to back it up.

Local Date
    03-20-2019
    Local Time
    10:02 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    If God exists than leave it up to him who gets in and who does not.
    I am leaving it up to Him. His criteria is clearly laid out in the Bible and I am merely repeating that message.

Local Date
    03-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    Matter, Energy & Time are all interchangeable. They are related to each other.

In the beginning there was just Energy. There has always been Energy. The energy spontaneously reacted (as energy does all the time, without any required cause). That caused a chain reaction bringing Time & Matter into existence. That reaction is still happening, as has been proven by the observation of the expanding Universe. "God" is just an algebraic variable to represent anything that is not yet understood. This has always been the case. "God Of The Gaps". If you don't understand something, it's 'Supernatural' & God did it. Once that that something becomes understood & demonstrated to be perfectly natural & not supernatural then it suddenly becomes "That's how God intended it" - never that it simply happened because it's perfectly logical that it should happen.

Science examines further evidence. If the evidence supports the hypothesis it becomes a theory
    Science demands that the theory be constantly challenged with more evidence.

Religion relies on a story book that consistently contradicts itself as its only 'evidence'.
    Religion cherry picks evidence that may come close to supporting its beliefs & denies the existence of the rest.
    Faith, by definition, relies on unfounded belief, regardless of there being nothing to back it up.

Then you don't believe in evolution because there is no evidence of matter coming into existence on it's own or being self existent. There is no evidence of abiogenesis ever occuring. Creationists look at the same evidence as evolutionists yet they draw different conclusions based on it.

Yet evolutionists form hypothesis without evidence all of the time. Abiogenesis is one example. It's never been shown to happen ever. It's actually impossible.

Science examines further evidence. If thntly challenged with more evidence.

Then you should believe creationism because the evidence supports creationism, not evolution.

If by Religion, you mean Christianity that statement is false. It does not contradict it's self and it's not it's only evidence. It's backed up by the scientific evidence.

That's what evolution does because evolution is a religion.

But God has proven He exists many times over. Jesus Christ is the greatest proof of His existence.

If by Religion you mean Christianity, you are right. The Bible has nothing wrong, however, interestingly, Evolutionists won't admit that they are wrong about anything either even though they are dead wrong and shown they are wrong with evidence.

My Faith in God started from reaching out to Him not knowing Him or any evidence and God revealed Himself to me in many ways. His existence, His will for my life, the evidence that the Bible is true including scientific evidence, historical evidence, my own personal experience with God speaking to me and changing my life and miracles in my family and others. The more I study and try to prove Christianity wrong, the more it is proven right. The Lord is God.

Local Date
    03-20-2019
    Local Time
    10:02 PM

You probably won't believe this, but I just saw a swarm of pigs fly over my house.
    Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Local Date
    03-20-2019
    Local Time

Fuzzy watch out for the dripings.

Local Date
    03-20-2019
    Local Time

The Quran claims to be the word of God so do the Hindu writings,as do many othewrs. With some 23000 Christian sects???????????

Local Date
    03-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    You probably won't believe this, but I just saw a swarm of pigs fly over my house.
    That's not supported by the evidence, but Jesus Christ is.

Local Date
    03-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    The Quran claims to be the word of God so do the Hindu writings,as do many othewrs. With some 23000 Christian sects???????????
    The Bible was written by the eyewitnesses to the events. The New Testament writers walked with Jesus directly and knew Him personally. Mohammad wasn't born until 400 hundred of years later. He was not an eyewitness and his writings contradict, not only the eyewitness testimony of the Bible, but also, the secular writings as well. mohammad was a fraud. He does not know more than those who were actually there.

Secondly, no other false prophet such as mohammad, hindu or any other claimed to be God in the flesh. None of them could perform miracles either. Jesus Christ claimed to be God and backed it up with miracles and fulfilling prophecy.

As far as there being 23000 Christian sects, you may be right, however, most of them agree on the foundational doctrines of salvation. That Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven and that you must believe that He died and rose again, placing your faith in Him and His blood sacrifice for salvation. The ones that don't I wouldn't even consider Christian. The reason for different denominations many times has to do with small issues such as mode of Baptism, eg, Sprinkling, Pouring or Immersion for example. Baptists believe in immersion only because of what the Bible says about it. Whereas, Catholics may use all three at different times and in different ways, not merely placed on Scripture alone, but on tradition. That's the reason for most denominations, but there are other reasons. Some are outright cults like Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormans. They twist the Bible up using faulty translations that intentionally change the meanings of words and passages to fit their false doctrine.

Local Date
    03-20-2019
    Local Time
    10:02 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    That's not supported by the evidence, but Jesus Christ is.
    It is true, pigs can fly. I've read it in a book and there were a lot of witnesses.
    Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

+ Reply to Thread