Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Family allowance cuts

Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    03:50 AM

Re: Family allowance cuts

Quote Originally Posted by K.Snyder View Post
    Well I don't want to insult your culture gmc so let's get that out of the way. On that, I said "I hear" not that I knew. That question would be better suited for all of those I'd asked and not a single one that enjoyed it.

Here's my question. What does Haggis taste like and do you generally like it, love it, dislike it, or hate it? I'd actually like to try it, all I'm saying is that I doubt I'd get a portion bigger than a fork full because I generally do not like to waste food
    It's actually really good, originally it was a way to make the most of every bit of the slaughtered animal, same kind of idea as black pudding or blood sausage as the germans would have it. Given the number of people of scots and irish descent I would have thought it would be available somewhere in the states. Thanks to food regulations I don't think I am allowed to send you one.

Banned
    Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    It's actually really good, originally it was a way to make the most of every bit of the slaughtered animal, same kind of idea as black pudding or blood sausage as the germans would have it. Given the number of people of scots and irish descent I would have thought it would be available somewhere in the states. Thanks to food regulations I don't think I am allowed to send you one.
    Send me one please please please. I adore Haggis and It Is so hard to get around here.

I am also partial to a Faggot.

Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    11:50 PM

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    I know that I can get it somewhat easily. There's a place about 30 minutes from here that specializes in international foods. I'm not talking about American versions either. A bit ironic considering that I'm preparing yuka tonight. It's South American for anyone curious and sorry if I misspelled it.

Anyway my sister in law's mother attends Scottish gatherings and they dance and on numerious occassions serve haggis. She's Scottish ancestry as do I the difference being that she's actually tried it.

Back on course is haggis healthy and do the majority of children eat it?

Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by K.Snyder View Post
    I know that I can get it somewhat easily. There's a place about 30 minutes from here that specializes in international foods. I'm not talking about American versions either. A bit ironic considering that I'm preparing yuka tonight. It's South American for anyone curious and sorry if I misspelled it.

Anyway my sister in law's mother attends Scottish gatherings and they dance and on numerious occassions serve haggis. She's Scottish ancestry as do I the difference being that she's actually tried it.

Back on course is haggis healthy and do the majority of children eat it?
    Like all things taken in moderation it does you no harm. It's quite popular - you get haggis suppers at all the chip shops, best served with nippy brown sauce. You should try it, if you can manage a macdonald's anything is edible after that.

Posted by oscar
    I am also partial to a Faggot.
    Tried them once in a pub in Somerset they're disgusting, also had a couple of pints of scrumpy and spent the rest of the evening trying not to fall over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4