+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Assisted Death

Local Date
    07-18-2019
    Local Time
    06:11 PM

Re: Assisted Death

In scotland they do the same - put someone in a drug induced coma so they pass away peacefully but that is if someone is near death and has maybe just a few days left and will die soon anyway with or without help but it means the last few days are agony free.

Assisted is something being discussed just now with billl before parliament and the religious doing their best to shut down discussion ,their main concern seeming to be vulnerable people will be talked in to killing themselves by greedy relatives or so they won't be a burden to their family. which imo says a lot about the way they think. Suicide is only a mortal sin if you happen to believe it is

What do you do when someone has months or even years to live but has, for example, a degenerative condition that means they will be trapped inside a dying body. The decision should be up to them and should be one they can make. Watching a loved one suffer and die gives you a different perspective the only ones making any decisionshould be the individual and IMMEDIATE close family.

On a personal note I know a damn site more about end of life care than I ever wanted to. My admiration for those who work in hospices is immense - it's not something i could do.

Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time
    03:11 AM

Re: Assisted Death

Register to remove this ad.
    There are so many safe guards in place here it'd be easier to just take a bottle of pills. Which in the end most do anyway .

there is no immediate or close family decisions made in our legislation. It is all down tot he individual. no one else can sign no one else can help. And you have to have complete mental stability to "choose". They have given wider scope for people with neuro degenerative conditions though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3