Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with a stray

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    08:03 PM

Re: What to do with a stray

Quote Originally Posted by chonsigirl
    Snooze is right, there are many local groups that might take in a semi-feral animal to see if they can help it become adoptable. Check out your local listings for different animal shelters and groups.

Oh yeah thanks, I think we do have a kitty rescue group, great idea all of you. I think this week I will look after this poor fellow, I know he isn't a nice cat, but he deserves a humane solution.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time
    03:03 AM

as long as he is healthy, he deserves a chance

Senior Member pantsonfire321@aol.com's Avatar
    Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time
    04:03 AM

Please dont let the cat starve . I found a cat in the same condition she had one eye terrible cat flu and was starving while on holiday in cyprus about 4 years ago - i took the cat into our apartment and bathed it - no mean feat i can tell you, then we called an animal shelter and for 6 cypriot pounds a courier came out and collected it and took it to a sanctuary where they neutered all the cats coming in then released them within the grounds of the sanctuary an they would always be fed . If you start feeding it it will rely on that food so when you stop it will starve.

SnoozeControl

Kudos to you for that. I was in tech school for the Air Force and we were on a bus trip that made a stop at some small restaurant in the middle of no where. There was a kitten that was obviously homeless, and I wasn't in a position to help. That still bothers me and that was about 20 years ago.

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    10:03 PM

Quote Originally Posted by pantsonfire321@aol.com
    Please dont let the cat starve . I found a cat in the same condition she had one eye terrible cat flu and was starving while on holiday in cyprus about 4 years ago - i took the cat into our apartment and bathed it - no mean feat i can tell you, then we called an animal shelter and for 6 cypriot pounds a courier came out and collected it and took it to a sanctuary where they neutered all the cats coming in then released them within the grounds of the sanctuary an they would always be fed . If you start feeding it it will rely on that food so when you stop it will starve.
    While a very heart-tugging and emotional story, the last part is just totally wrong. If you feed this cat, yes, it will come to rely on your feeding it. If you stop it will not, however, sit and allow itself to starve on your doorstep, hoping for one more hand-out. Their survival instinct will kick in and they will find something to eat somewhere.
    Minks, I stand by my original statement: Get animal control out there to take care of the problem. You have no idea of the vaccination history of this cat and don't want to transmit anything to your own pets. Let A/C handle it.
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by BabyRider
    While a very heart-tugging and emotional story, the last part is just totally wrong. If you feed this cat, yes, it will come to rely on your feeding it. If you stop it will not, however, sit and allow itself to starve on your doorstep, hoping for one more hand-out. Their survival instinct will kick in and they will find something to eat somewhere.
    Minks, I stand by my original statement: Get animal control out there to take care of the problem. You have no idea of the vaccination history of this cat and don't want to transmit anything to your own pets. Let A/C handle it.
    Yes I have resigned myself to the fact animal control is in charge of the situation. They have humane traps and will take the cat and manage it from there. I have to wonder about folks who let cats just roam free ... pity really.
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time

Well I called animal control and I am on the waiting list for a trap. I am to bait it and trap the cat then turn it in to them, they will try and find it's owners, if that fails they will put him up for adoption.
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time
    01:03 PM

Quote Originally Posted by minks
    Well I called animal control and I am on the waiting list for a trap. I am to bait it and trap the cat then turn it in to them, they will try and find it's owners, if that fails they will put him up for adoption.
    How long till they send you a trap, did they say?

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by orangesox1
    How long till they send you a trap, did they say?
    sadly about 10 days good thing it is not freezing yet.
    As for feed I noted in the past the little girls across the street have fed him on and off.
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time
    01:03 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by minks
    sadly about 10 days good thing it is not freezing yet.
    As for feed I noted in the past the little girls across the street have fed him on and off.
    Well if the girls are starting to feed him, they might convince their Mother that they want him and he needs a home I hope he hangs around and doesn't run off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast