Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Marijuana

Local Date
    12-11-2019
    Local Time
    12:54 PM

Re: Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by orangesox1
    First I will address the legal problems in some of the countries that have an open market:

In the Netherlands an individual can legally pocess up to 30 grams of cannabis without fear of prosicution; venders can sell up to 5 grams, ( Schmidt-Semisch & Paul 2002). However, other cannabis violations concerning the producer, distributer, or dealer are still punishable crimes that are seldom enforced due to the "oppertunitaetsprinzip" act (expediency principle) which allowes a prosecuter the possibility of prosecuting but does not require it. So though the Dutch have solved the problem for the users they have not resolved the backdoor problem for the producers and distributers. Several lacoal Dutch communities wishing to buy local cannabis and supply the coffee shops were prevented to to legal regulation.

In Switzerland cultivation of hemp is legal, providing the producer can ensure that there is good reason to grow it. Trafficking and possession remain illigal. The Swiss "Bundersrat ( representing the second chamber of parliment representing federal states) ruled for a review of the Narcotics Law (BtMG) along witha report on Cannabis from the "Eidgenoessische Kommision Fuer Drogenfragen" ( A commision for drug related problems) that proposed fdiffrent scenarios for the handeling of hemp products (Schmidt-Semisch & Paul 2002) The result was that cannabis would be placed in a unique position under the catagory of illicit drugs. Bla Bla Bla

I hope you reading this cause I hate having to type all this up. Theres more if you want it I will email the whole assignment to you tomorrow as it is on my other computer.and you can read it your self . I then go on about Germany. I'll look at the other questions you asked now and email this assignment to yoy if you like
    That seems more a free trade issue rather than a health issue.

Local Date
    12-11-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by wormwood
    As a psychologist (or soon to be), do you recognize the two way relationship between emotions and physical health? That is to say, yes stress can make your stomach hurt; but can your stomach stress you out?
    My studies have been more in the behaviorist vein. I firmly believe behavior influences mood as much as mood influences behavior. One wakes up in a bad mood and is glum all day, but if one forces a smile and picks up one's step, the mood will improve.

Along the same lines, acne is a problem with teens, yet stress causes acne too. So the kid that gets a zit and stresses about how it will ruin her social life risks getting more zits from the stress. This causes a vicious spiral some call pizza-face.

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    03:54 AM

It is, I used to think smoking cannabis wasn't such a health issue, but because of the higher levels of THC in it today it has become more of a problem, I think the only way to have control over it is to legalize it with restrictions on buying, which is what a few countries have done, However they haven't solved the problem for the producer, and I even think there is some international law involved in it that maybe broken too, I remember writing something about that but I can't find it now. I wrote one assignment a couple of years ago on the effects but I can't find that on either. I just don't keep old assignments.

However more recent studies are suggesting that with the higher levels of THC it is more of a problem, but I haven't looked into it recently. But that is the concen today.

Local Date
    12-11-2019
    Local Time

Kind of off the subject: keep your assignments, either on your hard drive or hard copy. Keep them organized. You never know when that bibliography might save a couple hours' research.
    Not that I've ever had such a problem.

Local Date
    12-11-2019
    Local Time
    09:54 AM

I did some genetics studies In Human Bio Science and was planning to do Genetics and Society this year but had to drop the unit as it clashed with something more important. I think you will agree that it is a fasinating subject though and I would like to pick it up next year.
    Certainly a fascinating subject, and the future of medicine in my opinion. Once the mechanism for sickness is understood, it can be shut off or bypassed. Also, off subject, but I have a theory that the lack of cellular differentiation that occurs with cancer, could be harnessed to create immortal human cells. One of the faulty mechanisms of cancer is that certain cells are born without a mechanism to die...they simply do not have the proper organelles or horomones to age or die....this could be applied to skin or virtually every cell of the body...in theory. Anyhow the implications are huge and the posibilities are straight out of the comic books, exciting stuff.

As for the legalization issues, the growing procedures and all of those other BS regulations are just red tape in action. Do it intelligently and there would not be a problem. Growth and distribution would be monitered like tobacco, and THC would be monitored like the "proof" of alcohol. Problem solved. Importing (like there aren't a million americans out there waiting for the go ahead to grow legally) would be handled like importing tobacco or vegitable goods from anywhere else and the same taxes and tarrifs should apply. The sales tax and state taxes alone would generate billions in america, not to mention the farmers, distributors, and warehousers. There is no sane reason that marijuana remains illegal, and that so many innocent people are in jail because pot heads run slower than murders.

Local Date
    12-11-2019
    Local Time
    10:54 AM

Talking Re: Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe View Post
    i generally agree.

i last smoked pot in my early 20's. i'm in my mid-forties now. i tried many, many other drugs besides pot. not a few that i'm sure few here have ever heard of. i didn't 'start' with pot and graduate to other drugs, contrary to the silly scare tactic always bandied about. but you name it, i've tried it, at least once.

the only part i disagree with is 'legalizing' it - and it's really just me splitting hairs. legalizing it would mean that anyone could use it, at any time, at any age. if pot were legalized, that means that a five year old could smoke it, and you could mount a bong in your car. what's needed is to decriminalize it. decriminalizing means that use by those under the age of consent that's decided upon - 15, 18, 21 - could not partake, not legally. adults however could partake, so long as they didn't abuse it - and by abuse, that means driving while under the influence, deep frying a turkey while under the influence, etc - any activity where the fact that one's perception is altered can put you and others at risk of harm.

like i said, i'm essentially splitting hairs, as it's pretty clear that's what you mean. but the distinction between legalized and decriminalized is significant and important.

mind altering drugs have been used by humans since prehistoric times. prohibitions on what are entirely normal, human tendencies are unfortunate - at least when those prohibitions extend beyond 'do no harm'. lock a kid up for fifteen years for possessing an ounce of weed? this is justice? (need i add the counterpoint - serial rapists and murderers who get fifteen years also - and get out on 'good behavior' after seven, only to recommit their favorite crimes - this is justice?)
    Actually, if they legalized it, they would set an age limit, like alcohol and there would be a time and place to do it.

Local Date
    12-11-2019
    Local Time
    09:54 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    I don't think that marijuana is something that is good for us to smoke maybe medicine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13