Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Men and birth control

Shake your money maker actionfigurestepho's Avatar
    Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time
    01:26 PM

Men and birth control

I'm shocked at how many men I talk to who have no idea what various forms of birth control do, how they work, who don't understand the difference between the morning after pill and the abortion pill and who are generally bumbling around relying on whatever their girlfriend tells them regardless of whether or not it's true. This could be totally generational, but it disgusts me. In fifth grade, every year we'd split up. The girls learned EVERY YEAR about the birth control---numbers, statistics, combinations, and yes, abstinance. What the heck were the boys learning?

Even if it's going into the woman's body, shouldn't the man know what kind of protection they're using as well? And shouldn't he know the facts for himself?

What are your thoughts on this? Were you guys educated as well as your lady counterparts? I know age will be a huge factor in this. Personally I think after a certain age the sex ed stuff should be co-educational. If we can't talk about it together, it makes it harder to talk about in general. When you're 14, it makes it seem sort of secretive and shameful.

SnoozeControl

Re: Men and birth control

I know you're a lot younger than I am, and I'm very surprised to hear the boys were still separated from the girls during sex ed. I mean, you need one for the other, if that makes sense... the kids should learn how each is involved. Maybe that's part of the problem?

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by SnoozeControl
    I know you're a lot younger than I am, and I'm very surprised to hear the boys were still separated from the girls during sex ed. I mean, you need one for the other, if that makes sense... the kids should learn how each is involved. Maybe that's part of the problem?
    Well I know at first we were separated because of the maturity factor. We were 12 or 13 when we first learned about the wonders of puberty. Everytime someone said "penis" the boys would go into frenzied laughter and the girls would look embarassed. But at some point after we were all on our way we DEFINATELY should have been put in the same room. I'm sure there would still be laughter and shifty looks, but we would have gotten over it.

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

I grew up in rural redneckville. No formal sex education. I thought the morning after pill & abortion pill were the same. I'm glad I don't have kids.

SnoozeControl

I still think the morning after pill and the abortion pill are the same, but then I'm too old too really worry about it.

What's the diff?

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time
    11:26 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Accountable
    I grew up in rural redneckville. No formal sex education. I thought the morning after pill & abortion pill were the same. I'm glad I don't have kids.

Growing up rural means you learned sex education from the farm animals and other kids.......... I know.
    The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by SnoozeControl
    I still think the morning after pill and the abortion pill are the same, but then I'm too old too really worry about it.

What's the diff?
    The morning after pill is just a high dose birth control pill. It'll prevent you from ovulating. Since sperm can live inside a fallopian tube for 4-5 days, this will can help prevent the two from meeting. If someone's already pregnant, it's not going to terminate the pregnancy. You could probably take a few days worth of a regular oral contraceptive and get the same effect. The abortion pill will actually destroy the embryo and flush it from the body.

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time
    06:26 PM

I think the tables have turned over the years. Before the pill, it was the guys reponsibility to use condoms to stop 'getting the girl into trouble'. Once the Pill appeared it seemed to be the girls responsibilty. From what i see and hear nowadays, a huge percentage of young guys and gals don't take any repsonsibilty at all.....
    As for sex education...I'm all for it....it shouldn't be shied away from and it should be repeated until it sinks in, particularly focusing on the outcomes of irresponsible sex.
    A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home

ArnoldLayne

I think every child should be sterelised untill such a time as it can be proved they are fit to be parents, then they can apply for it to be reversed. Then they are free to have the children they deserve and those children will be loved.

Yeah, draconian I know but too many kids are getting pregnant for the wrong reasons. Too many abused and unloved kids in the world ( most of them in the "civilised" Western world )

SnoozeControl

Register to remove this ad.
    I read a sci fi story where the population received BC through the water system and if a couple wanted a child, they had to apply, test and prove they were actually capable of raising a child responsibly before it was allowed.

It sounds very Orwellian, but I almost agree with the idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast