+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Briton questioned in US murders

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    09:59 PM

Briton questioned in US murders

Massachusetts (Reuters) -- Massachusetts investigators said on Wednesday they were in talks with British authorities and questioned a 27-year-old Briton after his wife and baby daughter were found shot dead in their home west of Boston.Police said their probe had spread to Britain and that they had talked by telephone with British-born Neil Entwistle after he left the United States last week. But they added that he was not a suspect in the killings.
    "We have not named any suspects in this case yet," Middlesex County District Attorney Martha Coakley said. "We're looking at a bunch of difficult angles and keeping an open mind." She declined to confirm Entwistle's location.
    Entwistle's car was found at Logan International Airport near Boston and flight records show he bought an air ticket to London 48 hours before the bodies of his wife, Rachel, and 9-month-old daughter, Lillian, were discovered on Sunday.
    Autopsy results showed the mother died of a gunshot wound to the head and the baby died of a gunshot to the stomach. The bodies were found under layers of blankets in a bed in their home in Hopkinton about 30 miles (48 kilometers) west of Boston.
    Coakley said authorities in Massachusetts had been in contact with British police but had not asked them to join the probe. "We've made contact, it is fair to say, but we have not asked them to do anything yet."
    Entwistle and his family had lived in the United States about four or five months and began renting their home on January 12. "We're trying to catch up with who they were and what they were doing," Coakley said. "There weren't many people who saw them, knew them, were clued in to what was going on in their lives."
    The killings have drawn intense media interest in Massachusetts and Britain. An Entwistle family Web page that once focused just on the couple and their baby -- http://www.rachelandneil.org/ -- has been transformed with its guestbook now a page of mourning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	_41253892_entwistle_pabody.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	4998  

tmbsgrl

Re: Briton questioned in US murder

How sad.. I think he did it.. How can someone shoot a baby in the belly.. I hope whoever did this gets caught really soon!!

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Re: Briton questioned in US murders

4 Mass. plainclothes detectives flew to England yesterday to talk to him. what i find strange is that his wife and baby are found brutally murdered, and he didn't get the first flight back to US. i will be interested in how this plays out.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

it has now been determined, via autopsy, that he was in Mass. when they were murdered. i am going to stay on top of this.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    08:59 PM

arghh what is it with some folks. LC have you read or thought of any reason behind the guy murdering his family.
    "Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"
    my son

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Sheryl
    arghh what is it with some folks. LC have you read or thought of any reason behind the guy murdering his family.
    no, not yet. except i know he's been under investigation for internet fraud. no reason to kill his family. someone else might have been angry. but why in hell did he fly to london after they were dead???

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Yea see your point. I can't help to wonder if it's just another selfish SOB.
    my son

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

i'll get hell for this, but scott peterson redux.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by lady cop
    i'll get hell for this, but scott peterson redux.
    yea That's what I was thinking. I just didn't have the cojones to bring up the SP case.
    my son

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    I just viewed every picture of their photo album....whew!! Well....I am not sure about that husband...he looks pretty happy in the photos. I may be wrong to say this but the wife looks like she could have been overbearing at times to him?? Maybe he was suffocating in that relationship? Dont get me wrong as I am not justifying anything he MAY have done, just pure speculation... which could point to a motive I guess...?
    Nature laughs Last

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast