+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Notification law cut teen abortions

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time
    01:34 AM

Re: Notification law cut teen abortions

My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time
    04:34 AM

Have we beaten this one to death? I think we have. I guess it can sit for awhile till somebody gets stirred up again.

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time

Cool Re: Notification law cut teen abortions

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Zapple
    It's not that cut-and-dried but essentially yes. But I think your assumption that parental notification or consent means no abortion is wrong. I believe in parental notification because it protects the minor from those who may not have her best interests at heart, and because abortion is a dangerous procedure and her parents need to be notified.
    but it is cut and dried, though not the parents. it is an out and out denial of the privacy of the teen, and the position of the anti-abortionist lobby to deny abortion one way or another. it doesn't matter who gets in trouble, abortion has to be stopped and parents are the suckers that have been chosen to stop it no matter what. any other reason is just what the anti-abortion lobby want you to think, but their plan is clear and woefully well on the way to stopping anyone from having an abortion no matter. as you should know, the lobby will stop at npthing, including murder, humiliation, and forced birth to get what they want. those are the facts and they cannot be denied.

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time
    02:34 AM

Quote Originally Posted by charles_r51
    it is an out and out denial of the privacy of the teen,

According to some parents I've heard, a teenager has no right to privacy. But I am in complete agreement with you on this.

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time

Cool Re: Notification law cut teen abortions

Quote Originally Posted by RedGlitter
    According to some parents I've heard, a teenager has no right to privacy. But I am in complete agreement with you on this.
    many parents i've talked to also say that teens have no privacy, but many say they do. i may be mistaken, but i believe the courts are also divided on it. so the question seems to be in limbo when a teen is involved. mayhap things will change directions once the election is over, but i doubt it will, at least not in the forseeable future.

i am of the opinion this thread is about exhausted. anyone else feel that way?

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by charles_r51

i am of the opinion this thread is about exhausted. anyone else feel that way?
    I do. Unless something new comes up, I'll be seeing y'all in the other threads!

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Accountable
    Maybe they would if we held parents accountable for their responsibility. Teen sex is statutory rape. Parents are responsible for their kids' actions. If parents paid a consequence for not keeping control of their kids, maybe they'd pay more attention.

Now bring on the apologists.
    I just have to comment here............did anyone at FG ever have unprotected sex in their teen years? What are you going to ACC......kepp all your teens housebound until marriage? You cannot control them...........So give them good birth control advice.........YES that means abstension!!!!!! Yes that means not doing drugs or alcohol so they do not lose control of what they feel is right..

What are you going to do after that? Trust and hope!!!!!!!!!!
    The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by nvalleyvee
    I just have to comment here............did anyone at FG ever have unprotected sex in their teen years? What are you going to ACC......kepp all your teens housebound until marriage? You cannot control them...........So give them good birth control advice.........YES that means abstension!!!!!! Yes that means not doing drugs or alcohol so they do not lose control of what they feel is right..

What are you going to do after that? Trust and hope!!!!!!!!!!
    Parents have a responsibility to their kids and society to raise responsible adults. You can't raise responsible adults by keeping them housebound until marriage; you have to teach them responsibility. Teaching them responsibility and allowing them limited freedom within your set boundaries in no way relieves the parent from full responsibility.

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time
    03:34 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    I informed my kids last night that I am implementing a "Don't ask, don't tell" policy to ensure their absolute right to privacy. I will no longer check to see if they done their homework, if they are eating right, or if they are practicing good hygiene. If their eyes glaze over I won't check to see if they are doing drugs since it's really none of my business. If they suddenly have new clothes, I won't check to see if they are shoplifting with their friends. If I've been a good friend to them, then they'll come to me with their problems, otherwise they always have their crack dealer to fall back on. We all know the crack dealer will give them good advice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13