Thread: whos got the cutest pet??

Senior Member pantsonfire321@aol.com's Avatar
    Local Date
    02-22-2020
    Local Time
    08:42 PM

Re: whos got the cutest pet??

Quote Originally Posted by dudeskiess
    haha you gotta catch me first, better get your simma frame out mother might help u run abit faster

Me thinks your looking for a scud ......gobby bloody kids.
    Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .

Smile people

yep, this bitch bites back .

Local Date
    02-22-2020
    Local Time
    03:42 PM

I think my Harle-monster is the cutest, or to be more exact, HE thinks so Then there's Toby, who just thinks he's a lap dog And the girls know they're beautiful
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Harle.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	397.1 KB
ID:	6497   Click image for larger version

Name:	Toby.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	471.9 KB
ID:	6498   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eve.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	379.9 KB
ID:	6499   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sheila.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	268.0 KB
ID:	6500  

Local Date
    02-22-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mouse
    I think my Harle-monster is the cutest, or to be more exact, HE thinks so Then there's Toby, who just thinks he's a lap dog And the girls know they're beautiful
    Cute dogs, what's that in the last pic?

Local Date
    02-22-2020
    Local Time

Thank you - I think they are.

The last pic is Sheila. She's an Australian Blue-Tongued Skink

Local Date
    02-22-2020
    Local Time
    02:42 PM

This is Bogey. I had Bogey about 10 years ago when I rescued her from the clinic I worked at. She had been abandoned by her owner because she had mange. We treated the mange and waited to hear from her owner, which we never did. I took a liking to her, and started working with her on basic commands which she took to like magic. I very quickly fell in love, and went through all the red tape to get her for my own, sending certified letters to the owner, all to no avail. Once she was deemed truly abandoned and adoptable, I took her home. This was the very best dog I have ever owned and probably ever will. She was housetrained in one weekend and never had a single accident except for one time when she picked upa parasite and was left home for a few hours. She came to work with me every day, and learned all her signals by voice and by hand. I taught this dog to bark silently in 20 minutes. With a particular signal she would snap her jaws and look like she was barking, but no sound would come out. Anything I wanted her to learn, she learned. I had her during my dope-smoking days, and a game she loved was "find the bag." I could stash a bag of residue anywhere in the house, and she would find it. Everytime.
    One of my favorite stories about her is when I had a party. I had a bunch of people over, some of who I did not know, they were just tag-alongs of friends. Bogey loved company and loved being the center of attention and showing off all the things she could do. She loved activity. A few hours into the party, the door opened and this guy tried to come in and Bogey, who didn't have an aggressive hair on her body went for him, snarling and snapping. She halted dead in her tracks at a word from me, and I told the guy, "I'm sorry, but I don't know you, and you're not welcome here." He got seriously p!ssed and wanted to know why. I said "Becaue I trust my dog, and apparently, she dosen't like you." He started to argue and I said, "Look, all I have to do is let her go and finish the job she started, or you can walk out in one piece, your choice." He left.
    Bogey never had a leash on her. She could walk with me, her ear against my knee anywhere we went. No dog, no cat, no squirrel would distract her from my side. She was a genius dog.
    A couple years after I got her, I had to quit the clinic, because I'd kicked out my abusive ex, and had to find work that paid better. This was spring time and by the middle of summer, I noticed how miserable Bogey was. We lived in a trailer, which was a hot-box in the summer, and obviously she could not go to work with me. She was no longer the happy dog I had raised.
    Knowing how good this dog was, and knowing she had a purpose, I made a heart-breaking decision and took her to Leader Dogs for the Blind, to see if they could use her. My dog had a purpose, and I couldn't bear to see her miserable. 9 out of 10 dogs brought to Leader Dogs are rejected for even the beginning training. Bogey was scooped up, passing her initial tests with flying colors.
    I was given a form to keep track of her progress, even though I could not see her, I could call and see how she was doing with her training. For weeks, she was doing excellent. Then, towards the very end of her training, there was one thing she would not be distracted from in order to obey a command. Obviously, Leader Dogs have to be perfect in every way, and any questionable commands flunk them out. When I heard this, I was devastated. But then they told me the good news. In all her training they unearthed her "nose." She was a sniffer. They had contacted other agencies, such as border patrol and police K-9 training organizations. They all came and took a look at her, and she is now a federal agent, wearing a badge, as a drug/explosives sniffer for U.S. customs. She's been responsible for seizing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of dope being smuggled into the country.
    I have lost contact with her, but my sister has just come across the old paperwork so I may be able to find out what's happened to her. I'm pretty sure she's retired, if not dead.
    But that's my story, about the greatest dog I've ever known. I still tear up thinking about her, and miss her everyday, even after all this time, but she deserved a job. She was meant to work, and she thrived in her job.
    To this day, I love this dog.
    This is Bogey on the day I brought her home from the clinic. She was a lab/pitbull cross and grew to an 85 pound beast.
    Bogey, wherever you are, you're still in my heart.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bogey.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	6504  
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Local Date
    02-22-2020
    Local Time
    11:42 AM

Finally, I get to hear the story. I knew some day you would tell it.

Thank you.
    Tamsen's Dogster Page
    http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Local Date
    02-22-2020
    Local Time
    02:42 PM

Quote Originally Posted by valerie
    Finally, I get to hear the story. I knew some day you would tell it.

Thank you.
    Took some doing, but you're welcome.
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Senior Member pantsonfire321@aol.com's Avatar
    Local Date
    02-22-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mouse
    Thank you - I think they are.

The last pic is Sheila. She's an Australian Blue-Tongued Skink

Me too ive got a blue tongue skink and two berber skinks .
    Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .

Smile people

yep, this bitch bites back .

Local Date
    02-22-2020
    Local Time

Why don't u just all organise some kind of event like Crufts where u can all show off your wonderful pets to a panel of judges, and show off all their talents, that way we could crown the cutest pet.

Local Date
    02-22-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by pantsonfire321@aol.com
    Me too ive got a blue tongue skink and two berber skinks .
    How old are yours and are they boys or girls? Sheila is about 2 foot long now, including her tail, and she's 2 years old.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast