Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Am I really possessed?

anomaly
    Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time
    01:10 AM

Question Am I really possessed?

I'm a psychic and my little brother, when he converted to Islam, said I was possessed by Jhinn (sp?) Since the messages I get (for the last 15 years) have always been healing and helpful...am I really possessed? According to Islam, that is.

Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time
    12:10 AM

Re: Am I really possessed?

do you know who you are to begin with? do you want to be possessed, or are you predicating to be, the word psychic can mean many things to me, no further comments, a fantasy related mind thought, unrealistic ideas that draw its own kind. Possession; to be held or controlled by some-one or some-thing. Dreaming, taken by a thought or lifestlye, drug induced, fairies.

anomaly
    Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time

I know who I am, what I am, how I am and why...not always where tho

I am mostly clairaudient, with some clairvoyance and was wondering if any Islamic friends could help me figure out why my brother, who is Muslim, thinks I'm possessed.

Thanks for making me clarify.

Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time
    09:10 AM

I am mostly clairaudient, with some clairvoyance and was wondering if any Islamic friends could help me figure out why my brother, who is Muslim, thinks I'm possessed.
    Don't take this the wrong way but a lot of religious people are superstitious, what they can't understand must be explained as being wrong somehow djinn are creatures of muslim mythology.. Why possessed? it could just as easily be a gift from god. (speaking as an agnostic )Don't let other people define you or tell you you are strange. well you could let them as it probably makes them happy but make up your own min

Bob

I think maybe just Schizophrenic.

All Human Life Is Here... capt_buzzard's Avatar
    Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time
    09:10 AM

simply put.

Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time
    12:10 AM

Could Be, and if you are? Possessed by a religion?

anomaly
    Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc
    Don't take this the wrong way but a lot of religious people are superstitious, what they can't understand must be explained as being wrong somehow djinn are creatures of muslim mythology.. Why possessed? it could just as easily be a gift from god. (speaking as an agnostic )Don't let other people define you or tell you you are strange. well you could let them as it probably makes them happy but make up your own min
    I think you nailed it. "What they can't understand." That is probably the best defence to take with him. The simpler the better. To argue is most likely pointless.

Of course the non religious version is to say I am schizophrenic. But of course, to me, people who don't believe in clairaudience and clairvoyance, or merely think we are alone in the world, suffer a form of schizophrenia in my eyes.

Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time

There are lots of fascinating studies on the human brain. Some studies show that those with "the sight" or other special gifts actually use a larger percentage of their brains than the rest of us do. Since no one uses the full potential, or even a quarter of our full potential....it's possible that your answer/response to your brother lies in biology. And if it is biological, then isn't it a gift from Allah? Rather like the ability to give birth, to dance, to work, to feel pleasure, etc?

Just a thought...
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    Aristotle

anomaly
    Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Karenina
    There are lots of fascinating studies on the human brain. Some studies show that those with "the sight" or other special gifts actually use a larger percentage of their brains than the rest of us do. Since no one uses the full potential, or even a quarter of our full potential....it's possible that your answer/response to your brother lies in biology. And if it is biological, then isn't it a gift from Allah? Rather like the ability to give birth, to dance, to work, to feel pleasure, etc?

Just a thought...
    A very good thought! Thanks, that's even better. I was also thinking today that Mohammed claimed that the Koran was dictated to him by God directly (making it the word of God). This means that Mohammed, himself, experienced clairaudience and, unless their sacred Book comes from Djinn, it does not represent evil. Problem solved.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast