Thread: Past lives.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    09:16 AM

Re: Past lives.

Quote Originally Posted by kensloft
    Matter can be neither created nor destroyed. Energy can be neither created nor destroyed. It is a matter of being able to practice the recollections that can be found within you.

Some peole can't remember themselves before the age of six. Some people can remember whenthey were youger than three. some people can remember their earliest days. It all depends upon how the parents taught the children. When the parents acknowledged the children. Etc.
    Don't know about your expertise in reincarnation, but were fer sure gonna have to talk about your science
    Old age and treachery, is an acceptable response to overwelming youth and skill

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    08:16 AM

Quote Originally Posted by koan
    Being drawn to places is definately a sign re past lives. There are a number of places I would love to visit to see if I get that feeling of recognition.

Lady Cop. A bawdy barmaid! LOL somehow I can see that being true.
    I can understand it when people say they are drawn to a place or country. I have had a fascination with America for a long time and have still never been! (well not in this life)

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    12:16 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    I find this subject very fascinating. I have a personal theory about it. I think the memories are very real. The sense of deja vu is very real. I dont think the past lives are our own, but that of our ancestors that lived before us. ALL of them. Our cells have memory. It's in our very dna. Since we are the living result of our entire family tree, I think the lives of our ancestors speak through our genetic makeup. Now say for instance, one of our ancestors had a certain traumatic event in their life that may have resulted in that life being cut off abruptly, maybe thats why we get 'memory' of it. It seems that most past life memories involve such a trauma. Who knows? It's just a theory.

My world is populated with hard science people, real left brain dominants. This topic is one that makes them extremely uncomfortable.

The universe is about efficiency. It doesn't waste a quark, and it recycles everything. Everything. The action of the universe is one of reducing and recycling, reducing and recycling. And this reducing process releases energy which is then transformed and recycled.

In light of these observations, to think that this one thing, our conciousness or soul, however you choose to define it, the essence of who we are, does not also get recycled in some way, seems absurd to me.

The form that it takes is another story.

Reknowned New York Psychic, Joan Pancoe, whom I absolutely trust and totally respect, is quite confident that it takes the form described here in this discussion, of actual identities.

On this, I'm not quite certain.

The universe is wholly concious. We are part of that conciousness. It is conceivable to me that we may simply be absorbed into that larger, universal conciousness. I know this idea makes many people squemish, because they want to be reassured that they're still them, and they don't think that this allows for that. I think it does, we're just spread out more.

It's just a theory.

Raven, I find your theory of psychic memory traveling on the DNA tree resonates strongly for me in explaining the karmic memories that people report.

I'm not sure how the two theories connect.

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    12:16 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    I find this subject very fascinating. I have a personal theory about it. I think the memories are very real. The sense of deja vu is very real. I dont think the past lives are our own, but that of our ancestors that lived before us. ALL of them. Our cells have memory. It's in our very dna. Since we are the living result of our entire family tree, I think the lives of our ancestors speak through our genetic makeup. Now say for instance, one of our ancestors had a certain traumatic event in their life that may have resulted in that life being cut off abruptly, maybe thats why we get 'memory' of it. It seems that most past life memories involve such a trauma. Who knows? It's just a theory.

This might be the most insightful thing I've ever read on this subject.

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time

Who really knows if we are "re-born". But one thing I find kind of squirrelly is that when people have these "regressions" they inevitably go far back in time. You would think that your first regression would be to your most recent previous life. So if you were born in say, 1960, you would regress to the 1900's or something. Then back to the 1840's or so.

Unless after we die we "take a break" from Earth for a couple hundred years or something! Maybe we just float around in dimensionless space! And if we have lived all these past lives, what good are they when we don't even know what we did or who we were? We could be doomed to make the same stupid mistakes for eternity!

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time

I believe! I believe! I just haven't experienced! And have never had a real chart done, or a reading or any kind. Oddly, I am not only NOT out of my realm when these subjects come up, I am always on the edge of my seat with this information...love it.
    Lady Cop--LOL! I hope you're better at your job in this life!

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    11:16 AM

I had deja-vu only once. Given that I'm one of those annoying left-brained people, I've been trying to explain it, but, unfortunately, it's been 11 years since and the details are getting kind of cloudy. I'm also dealing with a chicken and egg question - was I influenced by the things I'd read? Am I thinking I was influenced because I've been reading things since then?

Anyways, this is the story - nothing really unusual.

I first went to England when I was 14. I was in a special high-school class which concentrated on everything English, so I'd read a bit and had seen pictures and documentaries. We stayed in Cambridge for a couple of weeks and did the usual touristy stuff around the area. One day, we were visiting King's College, which is quite lovely architecturally, perhaps the most interesting of all with those Gothic vaults, so maybe this is why it made such an impression on me. I should mention from the beginning that I have a poor sense of direction and mediocre 3-D visualization skills (something I learned first hand when I wasn't too great at 3-D geometry). So it takes me a bit before I learn my way around a place. The surprise I had at King's is that I walked on the college grounds the way you do when you come home, for example. You don't really *think* about the direction because your feet are taking you there automatically. Well, my feet were taking me around as if I just *knew* were I was going. Like I said, nothing to write home about, but a bit of an eerie feeling when you're the kind of person who needs to scout her way in unfamiliar places (i.e. I constantly take note of landmarks).

I'm not sure if I'd seen pictures of King's before or of its chapel. Maybe I had, and my subconscious remembered them, in which case it wasn't deja-vu. If this happened to me now, I'd be very suspicious because my PhD work is about Renaissance England, so I've been reading a fair bit, including the accounts of people who lived in some of those places, so any "memories" would probably be the memories of those I've read. But back then, I didn't have this baggage.

And I made an interesting connection just now (perhaps looking for patters far too hard ). I've always a kind of religious admiration for the academe. For some reason, I feel extremely privileged to be part of it, and not because this association fools people into thinking I'm smart. It's almost like it's my church - old university buildings have something quiet and sacred about them for me. And another thing: most people hate ceremonies, you know, when the profs wear those antiquated robes and hats and the dean makes the same tired speech every year. Okay, yes, the speeches are annoying. But I always feel emotion seeing the velvet robes, for some reason, and I feel like the rest of us lack decorum in our modernity. And two years ago, when I went to my master's graduation, I teared up seeing the new PhDs hooded. I didn't know those people, and I had no idea that the way to the degree would be as strewn with insecurities, second-guessing, and loss of heart as it is (methought you were just shepherded along through the program). So I can't say there was much personal empathy. Maybe I'm just the kind of person who loves ritual.

Or have I been a crusty academic before, you know, a secluded, sexually frustrated young man for whom these rituals were almost orgiastic because there was no other opportunity for entertainment?
    The power of MEOW

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    11:16 AM

I remember quite a few of them...nobody famous yet

Why is it that so many people used to be Cleopatra or Napolean? I was a poor Irish woman once who's husband left me for a younger woman. Isn't that unusual. I was also a really nasty Roman politician...that's why I don't trust them. I've been a priestess twice, one Egyptian, one Atlantean (still not famous though), a nasty little kitchen witch in England

But now I'm just going on.........

If you remember one, who were you?

If you have odd attractions to places or memories of places you haven't been, what are they?
    I use my pendulum to uncover information about past lives for my family members but for me it has always maintained that I do NOT have one That is very disappointing.

anomaly
    Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles
    I use my pendulum to uncover information about past lives for my family members but for me it has always maintained that I do NOT have one That is very disappointing.
    I've never had much luck with pendulums. Percentage wise, that is. They move, just not in answer to my questions.

Hamster

Register to remove this ad.
    I believe that the "Soul" is just life energy from the main universal mind/God/ spirit or whatever..We take physical form to learn lessons we didn't "get" last time.

The reason we don't remember past lives in our conscious daily life is because the mind is unable to percieve the higher energy of the soul and all those memories gone before. We can only access these memories through regression/dreams or other methods where the subconscious mind takes over-this is our connection to our soul.

In this way the mind is unaware of what lesson we need to learn and our evolution as an eternal soul so that we dont consciously choose a path that would interrupt our learning-ie "think" our way into a situation.

The things we experience in daily life are lessons or teachings etc to help us evolve and sometimes we learn them-sometimes not.

Our purpose each time around is to become all we can be and evolve as much as possible...

Its just my opinion!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast