Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Magic

  1. #1
    High Priestess of Cardis theia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    8,166
    Local Date
    04-01-2020
    Local Time
    05:05 PM

    Magic

    How does my computer know that our clocks went forward one hour this morning? I closed it down last night at the old time and then this morning...

    Now that is magic
    Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    8,898
    Local Date
    04-01-2020
    Local Time
    05:05 PM

    Re: Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by theia
    How does my computer know that our clocks went forward one hour this morning? I closed it down last night at the old time and then this morning...

    Now that is magic
    Mine too Theia and also one of my radio alarms...wish all clocks, watches etc were like that...it's a radio signal that changes it.
    What are you up to today ?
    Still raining here but boy do we need it !
    A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home

  3. #3
    High Priestess of Cardis theia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    8,166
    Local Date
    04-01-2020
    Local Time
    05:05 PM

    Re: Magic

    It's very misty, dull and damp here, Bez...not the best of days, weather-wise.

    Off to see my mother in a while...we don't have the best of relationships, to put it mildly, and so it won't be easy, but, well...

    What about you?
    Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

  4. #4
    Senior Member AussiePam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,693
    Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time
    03:05 AM

    Re: Magic

    My computer was even weirder. It should have gone back last night - that's the normal plan here and in fact my husband's computer did go back - automatically. But mine knew, in its heart, that because of the Commonwealth Games, aussie clodks were going to stay right where they were for another week, till Games finished and so didn't change. How freaky is that...
    "Life is too short to ski with ugly men"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #5
    High Priestess of Cardis theia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    8,166
    Local Date
    04-01-2020
    Local Time
    05:05 PM

    Re: Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by AussiePam
    My computer was even weirder. It should have gone back last night - that's the normal plan here and in fact my husband's computer did go back - automatically. But mine knew, in its heart, that because of the Commonwealth Games, aussie clodks were going to stay right where they were for another week, till Games finished and so didn't change. How freaky is that...

    Yours, Pam, is a very loving, kind and considerate computer and it uses its magical powers in a very special way...you are truly blessed
    Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

  6. #6
    LIFE IS SHORT...LIVE HARD Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    LOOK BEHIND YOU
    Posts
    25,797
    Local Date
    04-01-2020
    Local Time
    11:05 AM

    Re: Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by theia
    Yours, Pam, is a very loving, kind and considerate computer and it uses its magical powers in a very special way...you are truly blessed


    Your cheeky I like it

  7. #7
    Senior Member AussiePam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,693
    Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time
    03:05 AM

    Re: Magic

    Register to remove this ad.
    I love you guys!!!!!
    "Life is too short to ski with ugly men"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Do You Believe In Magic?
    By koan in forum Modern & Ancient Paths
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 08-19-2012, 10:20 AM
  2. Magic of PS3
    By koan in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 02:50 AM
  3. Springsteen Magic
    By Uncle Kram in forum Music
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 08:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts