Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dead Beat Dads

Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    08:49 AM

Dead Beat Dads

Dead beat dads. A term I really hate. The mother is more likely to get custody of the children even if she is not the best choice of the two to raise the children. While I realize there are millions of dads out there not paying their child support, how many mothers are out there using their children as ammunition against their ex spouse? Why is there no derogatory terms for them? How does it benefit the child if you don't let the child see their father as a punishment against him? While I realize there are more fathers getting custody these days than there used to be, it is still primarily the mother that gets the custody. How do you all feel about the custodial parent using the child as a weapon against the non-custodial parent?

Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    05:49 AM

Re: Dead Beat Dads

Peg, good post.

Personally, I find it beyond horrible that some parents use their children as pawns. The parent's gender is meaningless - the kids deserve so much better.

I'd say more but it's likely to be a rant rather than an intelligent conversation. It really pisses me off when kids have to pay the price for the immaturity of their parents.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    Aristotle

Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    Not only that, but is all the money the Father pays..used on the kids??? The awards that I have seen are quit high. I think that a parent should have to produce reciepts to show where the money is used if there is doubt.

Ruewen

Quote Originally Posted by gabrell
    Not only that, but is all the money the Father pays..used on the kids??? The awards that I have seen are quit high. I think that a parent should have to produce reciepts to show where the money is used if there is doubt.
    Ive thought about this one....
    Think about how much it costs to house and feed kiddies! water bills(extra showers), electric bills (video games), food bill (munchies) cable (cartoon network!). ITs not about does the child need a new pair of shoes this week--its overall maintance of a lifestyle. No "REAL" mother would ever use the money on herself (IMO) She would use it on bills.

I do agree with the poster. I hate seeing a child used as a pawn in some ugly adult game of power and control.

Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ruewen
    Ive thought about this one....
    Think about how much it costs to house and feed kiddies! water bills(extra showers), electric bills (video games), food bill (munchies) cable (cartoon network!). ITs not about does the child need a new pair of shoes this week--its overall maintance of a lifestyle. No "REAL" mother would ever use the money on herself (IMO) She would use it on bills.

I do agree with the poster. I hate seeing a child used as a pawn in some ugly adult game of power and control.
    But is not allimony and child support two different things???? Allimony is based on keeping the same standard of living..ie house payment (all assoc bills), car payment, so forth and so on...and child support is yet a whole different story?
    Maybe, I am wrong.

Julie Grace

In answer to the question... "How do you all feel about the custodial parent using the child as a weapon against the non-custodial parent?"

If you destroy the other parent, you destroy a part of the child's identity.

If you use the child as a weapon; not only do you destroy part of the child's identity, you add destruction to this child's self image.

AmericanGirl

Register to remove this ad.
    I've seen both sides of that coin...my ex was a deadbeat Dad.-wanna be...of course having employed four attorneys over time and then represented myself I was able to get him to pay up for the most part...But my brother has had to deal with an ex who does use the kids to punish him and try and keep them apart...In fact I call his kids as the go-between so he doesn't have to talk to her.......works much better that way....Either way I feel represents a parent who does Not care about the child....my son was heartsick over his Dads' inattention to him...I would have to practically beg his Dad to visit him and treat him decently...and I know many other mothers in the same boat....If you love your child you want them to be happy...that means allowing them the love of both parents...No matter what the ex does to you or even the kid oftentimes the love never ends for the child...they will continue to want to see the other parent...To deny them that is the cruelest thing you can do to your child....anyway that's how I see it.... And there is a name for the mother who denies visits to the Dad...She's called a witch!!! LOL

+ Reply to Thread