+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Comics?

Local Date
    05-22-2019
    Local Time
    04:43 AM

Comics?

The moving kind, not superheroes in magazines...

BH

Local Date
    05-22-2019
    Local Time
    07:43 AM

Re: Comics?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. A comic snob eh?

Bill Cosby was a pretty good comic in his day, but he always sat still.

Local Date
    05-22-2019
    Local Time
    12:43 PM

Lucille ball and her 'sidekick' US

Ronnie Barker UK
    A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home

Local Date
    05-22-2019
    Local Time
    07:43 AM

Sorry, Bill. Didn't notice that this was your first post. WELCOME!!

What's your fave comic?

Local Date
    05-22-2019
    Local Time

My favorite "dead list" is obviously led by Bill Hicks. Died in 1994 at age 32, bigger in the U.K. than the States, but he was the first comic I heard tell the truth, make me cringe and laugh on a different level. A comedian's comedian - the greatest compliment...

Lenny Bruce, Sam Kinison, Richard Pryor and recently Mitch Hedberg were favorites and still dead.

Think guitar-playing Stephen Lynch is my favorite now - Dane Cook, Dave Chappelle, Lewis Black, Steven Wright never disappoint if they're appearing near you.

Am I posting in the wrong place or is there be a Comic / Comedian section?

Chime in if you've heard of these people and please tell me what I'm missing...

BH

Clancy

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_Hicks
    My favorite "dead list" is obviously led by Bill Hicks. Died in 1994 at age 32, bigger in the U.K. than the States, but he was the first comic I heard tell the truth, make me cringe and laugh on a different level. A comedian's comedian - the greatest compliment...

Lenny Bruce, Sam Kinison, Richard Pryor and recently Mitch Hedberg were favorites and still dead.

Think guitar-playing Stephen Lynch is my favorite now - Dane Cook, Dave Chappelle, Lewis Black, Steven Wright never disappoint if they're appearing near you.

BH

"It's Just A Ride" ...."It's Just A Ride"

Revelations ( Live In London dvd ) Fantastic! He's sadly missed.

SnoozeControl

BH
    The best "Married, with Children" episode was the spoof of "Its a Wonderful Life" with Sam Kinison as the angel.

Local Date
    05-22-2019
    Local Time

Austin comedy

The original Outlaws of Comedy came from Austin, TX - Sam, Bill, and there was a little known TX blues guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughn dominating the scene then...

UNCUT Magazine (UK), March, 1999

Bill Hicks was the most seditious, offensive, impassioned and rigeous comic of his generation.

Kinison took the 17-year-old comedian under his wing as part of his Texas Outlaw comics group alongside Riley Barber and Carl LaBove, started referring to him as The Little Prince... sometimes The Prince Of Darkness... and asked him to come with him to LA to try and crack the Comedy Store, the stand-up mecca where Richard Pryor and Robin Williams were raking it in. It was Kinison, in fact, who persuaded Hicks' parents to let him go -- and even pay his way: "comedy tuition" instead of college. Critics often refer Hicks' debt to Kinison, who died in a car crash in 1992 -- even Hicks' brother Steve said, "My dad always said he hoped someone like Bob Hope would discover Bill and show him the ropes -- but instead he had Sam Kinison."

You're right Clancy:
    "Revelations ( Live In London dvd ) Fantastic! He's sadly missed."

Local Date
    05-22-2019
    Local Time

English comics...

When I say English I mean all those Scottish, Irish, great London comics... they speak English better way better than we do here.

As weird as he thinks - Eddie Izzard continues to tell the truth about political matters - he's a guy, right?

American comics here are towing the company line, playing it safe and hoping for a 30 minute gig on comedy central - shame they take that course...

Reserve the right to be wrong,

BH

LIFE IS SHORT...LIVE HARD Nomad's Avatar
    Local Date
    05-22-2019
    Local Time
    06:43 AM

Re: English comics...

Register to remove this ad.
    When I say English I mean all those Scottish, Irish, great London comics... they speak English better way better than we do here.

As weird as he thinks - Eddie Izzard continues to tell the truth about political matters - he's a guy, right?

American comics here are towing the company line, playing it safe and hoping for a 30 minute gig on comedy central - shame they take that course...

Reserve the right to be wrong,

BH

I saw Eddie Izzard a couple of years ago in a one hr special, I had no idea who he was but I was hooked, he was very unique and original.
    I AM AWESOME MAN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast