Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The power of touch

anomaly
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    09:50 PM

The power of touch

We all have probably had times when someone touched us with their hand and we felt better just from the human contact. The touch of people close to us, our lover, our partner, our friend, can often produce healing effects that words never could.

For reasons of a traumatic past, I went for about a year and a half without allowing anyone to touch me. One day, at work, a coworker who had become a close friend of mine reached out and put his hand on my arm. I literally jumped from the electric shock! I had no idea, until that point, how much energy is transmitted through touch. I am still careful about who touches me but only because I am now very sensitive to their energy and receptive to picking up too much personal information through my hands.

Have you noticed the power of touch? Are you a "touchy feely" or a "cool and reserved" in your physical approach?

Do you like people touching you? Why or why not?

Jack Sprat

Re: The power of touch

>> We all have probably had times when someone touched us with their hand and we felt better just from the human contact.

Why just human contact? Your picture shows you with a cat. Are not there times when you are feeling less than perfect that just touching your cat, making contact, gives you the lift you need?

Quote Originally Posted by koan
    We all have probably had times when someone touched us with their hand and we felt better just from the human contact. The touch of people close to us, our lover, our partner, our friend, can often produce healing effects that words never could.

For reasons of a traumatic past, I went for about a year and a half without allowing anyone to touch me. One day, at work, a coworker who had become a close friend of mine reached out and put his hand on my arm. I literally jumped from the electric shock! I had no idea, until that point, how much energy is transmitted through touch. I am still careful about who touches me but only because I am now very sensitive to their energy and receptive to picking up too much personal information through my hands.

Have you noticed the power of touch? Are you a "touchy feely" or a "cool and reserved" in your physical approach?

Do you like people touching you? Why or why not?

anomaly
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sprat
    >> We all have probably had times when someone touched us with their hand and we felt better just from the human contact.

Why just human contact? Your picture shows you with a cat. Are not there times when you are feeling less than perfect that just touching your cat, making contact, gives you the lift you need?
    Hey, you just insulted my dog...or is it a large rat? I think they overcharged me.

That is a good point to make about animals. You can often tell a lot about people by the way they treat their pets. I am focusing on human contact to make people think about how they touch each other.

I like the picture of your cat, by the way. I am taking a photo of my friend's astonishing cat this weekend. Watch for it in 'pets'.

anomaly
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time

Okay there is no pets category, I'll put it in photos.

Jack Sprat

Hey, you just insulted my dog...or is it a large rat? I think they overcharged me.
    You're kidding... that's a dog? OK, no insult intended. My female cat, when viewed from above, looks like a koala.

anomaly
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time

No offense taken. She thinks she's a cat also.

Back to the touch thing. Here's an experiment. Pass your hands slowly back and forth, palms facing and see if you pick up a sensation as the centres of your palms pass each other. Concentrate. Report back.

KlatunIckto

Muaahahahhaha

Jack Sprat

Pass your hands slowly back and forth, palms facing and see if you pick up a sensation as the centres of your palms pass each other. Concentrate. Report back.
    Nothing... perhaps I don't know what to look (feel) for.

anomaly
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by KlatunIckto
    Muaahahahhaha
    And this means?

Jack

I'm glad you tried the experiment. Most people can sense a warmth between their palms or, sometimes, a tingling sensation. You may have to slow down the movement of your hands as the palms reach centre and move them closer together. Focus on the centre of the palm. Hold them directly across from each other then move slightly in different directions. Good luck.

If it doesn't work for you...it was just an experiment.

All Human Life Is Here... capt_buzzard's Avatar
    Local Date
    12-16-2019
    Local Time
    05:50 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    And this means?

Jack

I'm glad you tried the experiment. Most people can sense a warmth between their palms or, sometimes, a tingling sensation. You may have to slow down the movement of your hands as the palms reach centre and move them closer together. Focus on the centre of the palm. Hold them directly across from each other then move slightly in different directions. Good luck.

If it doesn't work for you...it was just an experiment.
    Tell us more Koan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast