Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: At what age will you retire?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Before I reach 60

4 14.81%
  • Between 60 and 65

9 33.33%
  • Between 65 and 70

1 3.70%
  • After age 70

0 0%
  • I will probably never completely retire

9 33.33%
  • When forced to by health or other reason

0 0%
  • Unsure at this time

4 14.81%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 30 more years to go till retirement

Jack Sprat

Re: 30 more years to go till retirement

Quote Originally Posted by letha
    What ??? And get sued every five minutes ???
    It's not quite that ban. I know a few doctors who have never been sued (I was an EMT during the 1980s), and no nurses. I'm sure there are some, but it is very rare.

Jack Sprat

Getting back to the topic: retirement. So far the poll has five votes, four people saying they have no plans to fully retire.

Why? Is it that you have financial concerns, need to maintain your health care provisions, or simply enjoy working? Or are there other reasons you do not plan on retiring?

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    01:41 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sprat
    Getting back to the topic: retirement. So far the poll has five votes, four people saying they have no plans to fully retire.

Why? Is it that you have financial concerns, need to maintain your health care provisions, or simply enjoy working? Or are there other reasons you do not plan on retiring?
    I answered that when I voted, lack of activity is not healthy, mentally or physically

Oh and if I'm going to be doing work still I'd rather get pocket money at least.
    Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.

San Diego, California (Native born and raised)
    Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    05:41 AM

Wink Re: 30 more years to go till retirement

Well, I'm a Senior Citizen..!!

5 more years for me. I will work and draw my SSI benefits at 62. I can't wait any longer than that..!!

I have thought about going out at 60, but the 2 extra year will help with the money..!!
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
    WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

My dad was going to retire when he turned 60 when he was 55. Then he said 62 but says he is feeling better now and he is enjoying his job so he might work till he is 65. He is 62 so I guess just the fact that he can retire has revigorated him a bit.

As for me my current job is a bit more stressfull then average so I see going to a less stressfull job as a form of retirement. I've already put in 7 years and the max I want to put in my current job is 20. Just can't affored to make the down/upgrade at this moment unless I do win the lotto.

Jack Sprat

Quote Originally Posted by LottomagicZ4941
    My current job is a bit more stressfull then average so I see going to a less stressfull job as a form of retirement. I've already put in 7 years and the max I want to put in my current job is 20.
    Stress is the key. I taught for 28 years before I started feeling stress at work... in fact it was not "work" until then. I loved being with the kids. In the late 1990s the administration changed the job from teaching to filling out paperwork so they could monitor everything.
    If your job is too stressful, you may not live to have a healthy retirement. Start thinking about an alternative position.

Unconquerable Good Will telaquapacky's Avatar
    Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

I will work until they hammer the lid on. That's okay. I like what I do, and it's easy. There are a lot of old geezers doing this, and I own my own business so I can't get fired. Anyway, we are too spoiled to live on a fixed income.

Winter months-Florida, Summer months- New England
    Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    08:41 AM

Exclamation Re: 30 more years to go till retirement

Retirement! When I was in my 30's, 40's & even into my 50's I always kept saying my favorite saying: I can't wait till I get to retire, I can leave this job today and never miss it! Well now that "I am going to retire" at the end of this month from my same job of 32 years, (44-1/2 yrs in the industry) I have so many mixed emotions. Ones that I never even knew existed. I am anxious, nervous, cautious, and I believe excited, all at the same time. There are so many unknowns & uncertainties! I have "11" working days left, but who's counting!!! Enjoy work while you can, you'll never know if retirement is for you untill you are living it!! Like others have said, maybe to never "fully" retire is the answer!!!
    Cars
    Cars
    <"LIFE is SHORT, Make the most of it!!!" GET OUTTA HERE!>
    <Love living Large!>
    <Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!>

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    08:41 AM

I'm 37...I have about 30 years to go. I have a financial plan that's on track, and will see me completely debt-free except for my mortgage in a month from now. Then the retirement investing, kid's college fund, and paying down the mortgage. The house will be mine before I'm fifty, and working after that will be pure gravy. I think I will probably not work at all for a while; I'll enjoy freedom. Probably travel. I may choose something I love; maybe I'll focus on art; maybe I'll build myself a house on the beach. Dunno. But whatever it is, it'll be great, because I'm planning for it NOW.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!

Local Date
    08-18-2019
    Local Time
    01:41 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    You didn't have a category for "already retired". I retired at age 56.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast