+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Some skinny on court reporting

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time
    01:36 AM

Re: Some skinny on court reporting

I know the original post is old, but it's still available to be read on the internet, so I wanted to comment:

“They have machines now that are taking down people's words, but they are not as fast as reporters. One day, court reporters will be obsolete with the continual advancement of technology.”

Are you kidding me? Court reporters that stay at the top of their game by achieving higher national certifications, continuously upgrade their software and hardware with the state-of-art technology available to us in the field, and who provide excellent real-time services will always have a very financially lucrative and rewarding career.

I hope you found something you love to do, as court reporting obviously was not for you. But please don’t throw those of us who stay at the top of our game under the bus.

Local Date
    06-15-2019
    Local Time
    10:36 PM

I was a realtime stenographer for 16 years. In early 2012, I began to experience systematic blacklisting by all remote CART vendors across the country with no explanation. I have tons of emails from several vendors over the years, all of whom say "Sorry, we don't have any work this year. We wish you the best of luck." My last remote CART employer, GAYL HARDEMAN, fired me in January of 2012, saying, "I have to give your hours to two pregnant women."
    Then, Gayl Hardeman gives me a recommendation to Phil Hyssong/ACS, and Jennifer Bonifilio. One would think that if you are given a recommendation by Gayl Hardeman that there would be no need to doubt that reporters' abilities, because after all, Hardeman had paid me for an entire summer, and then fall semester, of CART work, which included a VERY FAST high-school chemistry teacher who is thoroughly drunk on caffeine at 7:30 am EST (that's 4:30 am to me PST!)
    So, if you feel like being fired for no reason, or if you think you will be at the top of a RIGGED SYSTEM, then by all means, be a court reporter...

Local Date
    06-15-2019
    Local Time

There are many skinny court reporting company , But some are very good company who provides the best court reporters in the Florida.

Local Date
    06-15-2019
    Local Time

Thats funny! I too have a friend that is a court reporter who favors John Wayne!

Local Date
    06-15-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Reitz View Post
    There are many skinny court reporting company , But some are very good company who provides the best court reporters in the Florida.
    Yeah,,, there are so many companies that include best court reporting providers like <link removed by moderator>.

A court reporter is in charge of making a verbatim prepared transcript of court cases or depositions. In case of a stenographic court reporter, a stenotype machine is utilized to record shorthand in the spoken word at speeds up to 225 words per small.

Court reporters are then instructed to transcribe the content they've captured right written document, checking the text for accuracy or grammatical mistakes. They might also be asked to learn to read back records of testimony during a court proceeding when requested.

Local Date
    06-15-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    There is a lot of importance of court reporter in court. You can't compare it tape recorder. Court reporters plays other roles during a courtroom proceeding, as well. For example, they might do research regarding items entered into the court record or aid in other ways. The same types of technology are used for closed captioning of live television, for example. A court reporter may also help provide transcriptions for church services, public events, seminars, and other events. The advent of court reporting has proven extremely useful to the judiciary system.With a skilled court reporter at a court hearing, no word or gesture need ever be missed. The transcripts recorded by court recorders have proven invaluable to judges and attorneys alike, allowing them essentially relive the trial as it happened to better their understanding of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2