+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My bar = Soap opera

Local Date
    03-30-2020
    Local Time
    02:55 PM

My bar = Soap opera

How many of you are "regulars" at your local pub, bar, saloon, watering hole, etc....?
    Peg will probably jump in here and have a very similar story or customer, but there's something that goes on in my bar that drives me absolutely up the freakin' wall.
    We have a TON of regulars, and there are 2 women whom I'll call Lynn, and Brenda. Lynn will hang all over the men in the bar, (any man will do) flirt, grind up on them, even blatantly make out with them, just so they will buy her drinks. She uses these guys. She comes in with no money and can stay the entire night, get smashed, and not spend one dime.
    She's been doing this for some time now, but recently, she has latched on to a very good friend of mine, John. Now, I love John dearly. He's the kind of guy you could call in the middle of the night to come bail you out of jail, or get a ride home because you're too drunk. He'd be there for anything I needed. He's taking the week of the trial off so he can be there to support Bullet.
    Anyway, she's latched onto him recently and I took him aside and warned him about her. I told him that she'd use him up for what she wanted, and then move on to the next guy without a glance back. He told me he would handle things and that he didn't mind buying her drinks. (He is quite well-off)
    The twist comes last week. Lynn went to Arizona to visit her sister, and within a few days they got into a huge fight and she wanted to leave. She needed $650 to come back early. Who did she call? My Johnny. Thankfully, he told her no, and he came to me and said, "You were right. I should have listened to you." Well...Lynn got word of the conversation I had with John and now she is all bent out of shape and looking for blood. She won't speak directly to me, but she threatens me to other people when I'm within earshot. I again took John aside and said, "Tell your buddy that anytime she wants to talk to me about her "problem" with me, as long as I'm off the clock, anytime, anywhere."
    Haven't heard anything about it yet, but this was only day before yesterday.

Now, this other one, Brenda....she comes in, orders a small Coke and sits there nursing it till some unsuspecting man comes along and sits next to her. She commences to flirting and paying all sorts of compliments, and the next thing you know....yup, she's drinking free all night.

These women make me sick. They give a bad name to any self-respecting, independent, hard-working woman. They are prostituting themselves for drinks. It's disgusting and I'd like the opportunity to tell them both just what I think of bimbos. (I may get the chance with Lynn!!)

There...I feel better now.
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Local Date
    03-30-2020
    Local Time
    03:55 PM

Re: My bar = Soap opera

I cant stand women like that. They get on my nerves!

HBIC

Local Date
    03-30-2020
    Local Time
    03:55 PM

I don't know which irritates me more. The guys who fall for it or the girls who do it.

Scrat
    I know a chick that does that. She lives in Bucharest Romania. My Sigo went to school with her years ago. They still keep in touch and her life is a soap opera of using and being used. Most of the time she does the old bar hog trick but once in awhile she settles down with some stupid rich guy for about 2 months and then he wises up and tosses her out.

The woman has a rich father who is a complete enabler, this girl has more issues than Time magazine. This whole thing is pitiful in more ways than one.

Scrat

The guys who fall for it or the girls who do it.
    I always thought less of the establishments that allow it. I remember when Iwas stationed in the Med just about any port we went to had bars that hired girls to get men to buy them drinks. I guess they got a commission or whatever. I would sometimes do it just for somebody to talk too if I was alone and in the mood. Hell, I had the money most of the time.

A lot of the women were kids out seeing the world trying to get the money to go to the next place. I never considered them bad people, I never expected anything from them either. I had some very good conversations about the places they had been and grew up in.

Local Date
    03-30-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Scrat
    I always thought less of the establishments that allow it.
    Because once you start telling people that they can't buy drinks for others, you start to lose customers. That should be obvious.
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Local Date
    03-30-2020
    Local Time
    11:55 AM

t's been years since I was a regular any place but I have seen this
    behavior before. Doesn't look good at all.

I have on occasion had men buy me drinks but I've also bought them
    for men before.

Haven't been to a bar since Oct. 2001, too expensive! Took a friend out
    for drinks, her bday, and I always like to tip well. Friend had a micro
    brewery beer, couple other friends did, I had a "split" of bubbly, fast
    20 bucks.

Eesh.

John sounds like a sweetie. Or would he hate me saying that?
    Tamsen's Dogster Page
    http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Scrat

Because once you start telling people that they can't buy drinks for others, you start to lose customers. That should be obvious.
    Yeah that's obvious but what I meant is why are these women allowed in the place? To sell more booze, that too is obvious.

Local Date
    03-30-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Scrat
    Yeah that's obvious but what I meant is why are these women allowed in the place? To sell more booze, that too is obvious.
    Are you saying the owners "plant" them there? That's absurd. They are regular customers, just like the guys are. And if you start barring women who the men like to talk to, again, you lose customers.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Local Date
    03-30-2020
    Local Time
    08:55 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    I say good for them. If they can spend the whole night drinking for free just because they flirt with some guy then more power to them. As long as they know what they are doing and don't get themselves into trouble then I say good luck to them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast