+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Life Or Death?

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time
    07:22 AM

Life Or Death?

While at one time I favored the Death Penalty I have come to believe that spending the rest of your life in prison (no matter how nice the amenities) is a better punishment than death for Capital Offenses.
    In the recent conviction and sentencing to life in prison without parole of Moussaoui, he will be in what is referred to as the Alcatraz of the Rockies. No contact with other prisoners or outsiders, one hour per day out of your cell, no papers, reading materials or TV. He is 38 years old and barring suicide will be spending 40 years or so in this state of living. I think that is a great form of punishment. Any thoughts?

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time
    02:22 PM

Re: Life Or Death?

The sentence removes any chance this maggot will attain martyrdom status.

I suspect he'll be allowed to keep a Koran and other religious paraphenalia.

I hope the media doesn't give this scumbag a platform for his deranged views. They periodically check in on ol' Charlie Manson, and let him rave in front of the cameras.

R.B.

LIFE IS SHORT...LIVE HARD Nomad's Avatar
    Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time
    12:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Lon
    While at one time I favored the Death Penalty I have come to believe that spending the rest of your life in prison (no matter how nice the amenities) is a better punishment than death for Capital Offenses.
    In the recent conviction and sentencing to life in prison without parole of Moussaoui, he will be in what is referred to as the Alcatraz of the Rockies. No contact with other prisoners or outsiders, one hour per day out of your cell, no papers, reading materials or TV. He is 38 years old and barring suicide will be spending 40 years or so in this state of living. I think that is a great form of punishment. Any thoughts?

Yes !
    He will spend all of his remaining days and nights in contemplation. It does sound as though hes delusional right now, speaking about a presidential pardon, so if the criteria is to break him down they dont have far to go. In a couple of years he should be a total basket case. If anything he might live out his days oblivious to his surroundings by completely escaping into his already rotting mind. Job done.
    I AM AWESOME MAN

San Diego, California (Native born and raised)
    Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time
    11:22 AM

Lightbulb Re: Life Or Death?

Good point LON, Its just the cost of keeping that scumbag in prision is enormous. I still think some people deserve to die for the crimes they commit, always have always will..
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
    WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

sixyearsleft

Me personally cant concieve taking any responsibility for the death of another human being, not matter how despicable they may be...

I think, therefore I post chonsigirl's Avatar
    Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time
    01:22 PM

Ah, let him walk around for that hour in the yard, he wouldn't last long.............

It is a just sentence-death would have made him a matyr for that cause.

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

Throw pigs blood on them and THEN shoot them in the head. Takes care of the martyrdom status and gets them off our planet, all at once.
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time
    11:22 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Lon
    My first jury duty was a murder case, I did not end up being on it (long process to pick jury) I went to about three jury interviews in the Judges chamber. The man ended up being executed a few years back, ( several years after his third verdict) he was the first to be put to death since they reinstated the death penalty, it was electrocution, he didn't die the first time, they had to do it again the next day.
    we now have lethal injection.

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi_Uno
    My first jury duty was a murder case, I did not end up being on it (long process to pick jury) I went to about three jury interviews in the Judges chamber. The man ended up being executed a few years back, ( several years after his third verdict) he was the first to be put to death since they reinstated the death penalty, it was electrocution, he didn't die the first time, they had to do it again the next day.
    we now have lethal injection.
    Ummm...I'm not one to flat-out accuse someone of stretching the truth, but do you have any reliable sources to show that that's how this went down? I find it incredibly hard to believe that they would wait till the next day to try and electrocute him again. Just sounds odd to me, Max, and I'm not accusing you of lying, just maybe you have some facts mixed up.
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    I don't think we should look at it as punishment, but rather expediency. If there is no way we're letting the person out, if there is no realistic way the person will ever be a benefit to society, why waste the money, food, and cell space?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast