Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fighting the friskiness?

Tria

Smile Re: Fighting the friskiness?

Hiya Draco - welcome to the gang. I'm sure there is someone here who will be able to help with your dilemma.

Starting Over in 2007! LilacDragon's Avatar
    Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time
    01:55 AM

Re: Fighting the friskiness?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco the third
    I'm surprised no-one has thought of it - a bit like an nappy with paw-proof fasteners! Or something made out of rubber like half a wetsuit? I just don't like the idea of getting her done...seems a bit nasty....
    I guess I don't understand what is a "bit nasty" about getting a cat spayed.

I live in the U.S., so I am unfamiliar with the numbers for Europe and countries therein - but here goes.

Right now, in the U.S. there are over 100,000 cats looking for homes. A majority of them will be euthanized for no reason other then not having a home. The number of cats euthanized annually is well over 1,000,000.

Spaying your cat will guarentee that it never get reproductive cancers (the rate of these types of cancers is higher in animals then humans) or pyrometria. Pyrometria is a rather lovely infection of the uterus. If not treated promptly, it is fatal.

I have heard that if a female cat comes into heat and isn't bred, she will have another heat in about two weeks. Now, I could be wrong abou this - I have a male cat - but the last female cat that graced my house started howling when she was about 6 months old and howled for about 5 months until she went to live with my daughter's boyfriend.

I'm spayed and I can promise you that the operation was painless, the recovery was uncomfortable but nothing that one couldn't live through.

If you do get a female cat - do her a favor and have her spayed. I promise you will have a happier, healthier cat.
    Sandi

Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time
    07:55 AM

Hey Draco I had similar problems but found an easy, quick and disposable solution . Just tear a small piece of Gaffer tape off a new roll (it's gotta be clean) and tape it over your kitties naughty spot . My Snuffle Kins took a while to get used to the hair loss when I took it off but she has a hard scab now so it doesn't hurt anymore! . Hope that helps!

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    09:55 PM

Quote Originally Posted by William Rushart
    Hey Draco I had similar problems but found an easy, quick and disposable solution . Just tear a small piece of Gaffer tape off a new roll (it's gotta be clean) and tape it over your kitties naughty spot . My Snuffle Kins took a while to get used to the hair loss when I took it off but she has a hard scab now so it doesn't hurt anymore! . Hope that helps!
    Is that some sort of joke? It's not very funny I dont think.

Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time

No it really works!

Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time
    06:55 AM

oh you guys should sooooooo start a pet forum, your advice is so cool, if only we had even more trolls in the garden to play with you, are all your friends on holiday just now, are you bored, poor lil things

Pinky

I have a better idea for that tape of yours...stick it over your mouth!
    think of all the fun you can have fun licking your cat's arse hair..you never know, you might even get a scab or two if you're really lucky!

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    09:55 PM

Quote Originally Posted by LilacDragon
    I guess I don't understand what is a "bit nasty" about getting a cat spayed.

I'm spayed and I can promise you that the operation was painless, the recovery was uncomfortable but nothing that one couldn't live through.

If you do get a female cat - do her a favor and have her spayed. I promise you will have a happier, healthier cat.
    Thanks Sandi. To be honest I've never thought about it that way before. I may go for a rehomed cat again. I think they are normally 'done' before you get them.

You're spayed? You didn't get it done by a veterinarian, did you?

Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time
    06:55 AM

Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinky
    I have a better idea for that tape of yours...stick it over your mouth!
    think of all the fun you can have fun licking your cat's arse hair..you never know, you might even get a scab or two if you're really lucky!
    Well I never! !!!! I try and offer advice and get insulted. Next time I'll Snuffle Kins doesn't have kittens and I didn't have to pay for a vet. Whats wrong with that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast