Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 83

Thread: Do You Believe In Life After Death?

  1. #1
    Tria
    Guest

    Smile Do You Believe In Life After Death?

    I have always believed in life after death and I guess the only moments that confirm this to me are certain things I have gone through and answers I have sought, whether that be means of a religion or other means.

    To start off my travel on the road to the truth, I started to venture down this route at the age of approximately 7 or 8 years old. I remember walking my dog home one bright evening, like I usually do after I had been to school. I was walking down a hill and stopped and looked up at the scenery around me and thought "I wonder what I was before I was born". From that day on, I didn't think much on those lines but often found an interest in ghosts and spirits, I would often read many true ghost stories in an attempt to find the truth.

    As time passed by, I didn't realise then, but now that I am older, I know that I was being warned in some way. To explain, I was probably 14 or 15 years of age and still attending secondary school. I would often visit the local chip shop for a bag of chips in the evening and would have to pass at the back of some houses and garages, which was a great hideout if anyone wanted to rob someone. There was an alternative route around to the chip shop but it was longer, however there was more light and it was more open. I would often take the shorter route around the back of the houses and past the garages. One evening I was attempting to take the short cut but as I got near to going round the back of the houses, I felt I could not proceed any further - almost as if a barrier had been placed in front of me. So I had to take the long way round for a long while. It was later that I discovered that a woman had got raped by the garages - the shortcut that I usually took.

    The next incident that occurred was that I was travelling back with my eldest brother and one of his estranged friends in a car. I was bursting for the toilet and it was very dark when we were travelling back. We pulled up by some toilets that had no lights on inside and I didn't care whether there were lights on or not but I still decided to go. I walked casually up to the gate for the pathway to the ladies toilets but as I got up to the gate, something prevented me from opening it, going down the pathway and entering the toilets. I thought this was very stupid and so I tried again, and yet the same thing happened - I could not go any further. So I decided to return to the car and said that I was not going into the toilets. My eldest brother had gone to the toilet and when he returned he said that the toilets were haunted, so he did his business very quickly and ran out!

    I haven't run into any more incidents like those I have mentioned, but I can say that a get a lot of scented odours that come and go to let me know that spirit is with me. I don't recognise the scented odours but they are often pleasant smells.

    I have been to many spiritualist churches seeking the answers and even delved into spiritualism myself. I have had many a psychic and spiritual reading, as well as a drawing of my spiritual guide. After everything I have seen and looked at I believe that we are just as powerful alive as we are in spirit. It is what we do in this life that determines what will happen to us when we return in the next life. I believe that if we do something bad in this life, then we will repent it in the next one. However, it is not the fact of life after death that determines whether it exists, but that we rely on each other to survive. Without that survival of mankind, then all the mysteries of the world will never be solved and maybe there might not be a person left to speak or write of it.

    Finally, I believe that although psychics/mediums attempt to prove that there is life after death, it is while we are alive that will determine what will happen to mankind - when we are in spirit, we can only sit back and watch.

  2. #2
    LIFE IS SHORT...LIVE HARD Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    LOOK BEHIND YOU
    Posts
    25,797
    Local Date
    01-17-2020
    Local Time
    03:46 PM

    Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death?

    Its lifes biggest mystery isnt it ?
    Some years ago I was in a big warehouse by myself doing some work. I had the radio on and I was wondering about the lyrics, they seemed to be infering to God, but they were vague. As I wondered if the writer of the lyrics was actually speaking about God I was hit with something resembling a lightning bolt. Not literally but the sensation was extremely powerful and not unpleasant. It was as if every cell in my body had been awakened and I was aware of each of them individually. That still happens to me frequently when Im "connected" I call it my nudge from above. That instance was the beginning of my spiritual journey. It cant be denied.
    I AM AWESOME MAN

  3. #3
    Tria
    Guest

    Smile Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad

    Its lifes biggest mystery isnt it ?
    Some years ago I was in a big warehouse by myself doing some work. I had the radio on and I was wondering about the lyrics, they seemed to be infering to God, but they were vague. As I wondered if the writer of the lyrics was actually speaking about God I was hit with something resembling a lightning bolt. Not literally but the sensation was extremely powerful and not unpleasant. It was as if every cell in my body had been awakened and I was aware of each of them individually. That still happens to me frequently when Im "connected" I call it my nudge from above. That instance was the beginning of my spiritual journey. It cant be denied.
    Thanx for that Nomad, a very thought provoking story there. I wonder what others have experienced?

  4. #4
    Hamster
    Guest

    Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death?

    I certainly do believe in life after death..and in fact that we come back each time to learn a different lesson. Or in some cases the same lesson that we didnt manage to get through in this lifetime...

    You mentioned your spirit guide-did you ever manage to make contact?

  5. #5
    ALOHA..!! CARLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    San Diego, California (Native born and raised)
    Posts
    13,095
    Local Date
    01-17-2020
    Local Time
    02:46 PM

    Thumbs up Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death?

    Yes, but I'm in no rush to find out for sure..
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
    WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"


  6. #6
    Tria
    Guest

    Smile Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster

    You mentioned your spirit guide-did you ever manage to make contact?
    No, I have been told of one of my spirit guides. This guide is an Indian. However, my true spirit guide, which I could communicate with was a female Egyptian.

  7. #7
    Hamster
    Guest

    Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death?

    Quote Originally Posted by helefra
    No, I have been told of one of my spirit guides. This guide is an Indian. However, my true spirit guide, which I could communicate with was a female Egyptian.
    Can I ask how you first communicated with her? I have tried several methods to make contact but to no avail...Was it throught the spiritualist church?

  8. #8
    Tria
    Guest

    Smile Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster

    Can I ask how you first communicated with her? I have tried several methods to make contact but to no avail...Was it throught the spiritualist church?
    Basically I did a lot of meditation and went to spiritualist churches to learn to heighten my psychic abilities. It was as I was becoming more confident in my psychic abilities that I kept noticing pictures of female Egyptians. I guess I can only say I knew that it wasn't me but something from the spirit world letting me know something. It wasn't until I decided to buy a jigsaw (as it is one of my favourite hobbies when the weather is cold) that I noticed it was again of a female Egyptian, but also that it was my Egyptian guide. The picture is an uncanny likeness of her and although I don't communicate with her as much now, I did communicate with her while doing my psychic training. If you want to know more, feel free to ask.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Marie5656's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,705
    Local Date
    01-17-2020
    Local Time
    04:46 PM

    Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death?

    Has anyone seen the movie Made in Heaven? It was released back in the 80's and starred Timothy Hutton and Kelly McGillis. he plays a young man who dies and goes to heaven. Among the people he meets is Kelly McGillis...a soul who has always lived in heaven, and has never been to earth. They fall in love, and "marry". Then she gets her "walking papers' and has to go to earth. Timothy wants to follow her, and the guy in charge allows him to go back as a baby boy. He is give 20 years to find her...if he does not find her in 30, they will never meet.

    Aparently many of the souls he has met, have come back.

    I like the concept of a place we go to when we die, to live out eternity. I am not sure I would really want to come back. And I am not exactly sure we do. But then, I have often gotten a strange feeling I have met someone before, when we have not, or the whole deja vu thing. It is hard to explain.

  10. #10
    High Priestess of Cardis theia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    8,166
    Local Date
    01-17-2020
    Local Time
    09:46 PM

    Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death?

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by helefra
    Basically I did a lot of meditation and went to spiritualist churches to learn to heighten my psychic abilities. It was as I was becoming more confident in my psychic abilities that I kept noticing pictures of female Egyptians. I guess I can only say I knew that it wasn't me but something from the spirit world letting me know something. It wasn't until I decided to buy a jigsaw (as it is one of my favourite hobbies when the weather is cold) that I noticed it was again of a female Egyptian, but also that it was my Egyptian guide. The picture is an uncanny likeness of her and although I don't communicate with her as much now, I did communicate with her while doing my psychic training. If you want to know more, feel free to ask.

    Yes, I'd love to know more detail about your psychic training and various other experiences you may have had.
    Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is There A Link Between Life On Earth And Life After Death ?
    By Daniyal in forum General Religious Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 03:29 PM
  2. Life Or Death?
    By Lon in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 07:47 PM
  3. Life & Death.
    By deckard in forum Physically Challenged
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 01:51 PM
  4. life or death drama at sea
    By lady cop in forum Current Events
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-06-2005, 10:45 PM
  5. Life after Death
    By petal in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-22-2005, 11:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts