Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why are you listening?

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time
    10:42 AM

Why are you listening?

Ok, I'm probably like most of the rest of you, I have my favorite songs and my favourite bands. But do you ever stop and think why it is this is all time "favourite band" what makes them your "favourite" band. I'm in my thirties, and I realize that we can appreciate what's going right now, but we are going to be polarized in the exact moment we felt we were "the best of our game" and that music is a trigger, a comfort zone.

I want to WHY you love that song, or will WHY you will always love that band....
    "My body is the earth but my head is in the stars."

God Bless BR!!!

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time
    11:42 AM

Re: Why are you listening?

Wonder if it has anything to do with the stage in our life? While my tastes have not changed much as to the types of music I like...I have added some styles to my list of favorites over the years..like I enjoy country and celtic now, as well as bluegrass. But I feel it is because I have absorbed some of Rick's tastes.

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Marie5656
    Wonder if it has anything to do with the stage in our life? While my tastes have not changed much as to the types of music I like...I have added some styles to my list of favorites over the years..like I enjoy country anf celtic now, as well as bluegrass. But I feel it is because I have absorbed some of Rick's tastes.
    I too have varried interests in music, I was looking for someone to be so bold as why they were listing to a particuliar song, or of there were a particuiar band that they were partial to.

Ok, I'll start. I listen to The Dead basicaly, because that's what my mother listened to. She also listened to Bob Dylan and Joan Baez,
    I also listened to Nirvana and Pearl jam when I was 19, but I quickly out grew that, however, I still have an ever lasting love for Green Day ( they can do no wrong ). What my mother instilled in me, as far as music, and there was SO much music in our house, was that it had to be authentic.
    I do not listen to radio, but I I am inundated with artistists that touch me with realiaty and gentilness, when the rest os the world is cought up on money, sex and drugs.

I'm off on an another rant.

All I wanted to know is why do you love that song, or why do you love that band.

God Bless BR!!!

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

OK. The Irish Tenors. Rick and I actually discovered them together. I think I like them because it is so different from what I am used to listening to. There is one song they have done, called Scorn Not His Simplicity ...anyway it is about a young disabled buy trying to fit in. It just has this simpleness to it...and just makes me want to cry. Plus...it has special meaning for the Tenor in the group who usually does it, as he, himself has a physical disability..he had to have both his legs amputated at the knees when he was young due to a birth deformity!! He uses prostethetics, and untill I read an article about him, I never would have guessed.

But The temors will always be special to me.

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

[quote=Marie5656]OK. The Irish Tenors. Rick and I actually discovered them together. I think I like them because it is so different from what I am used to listening to. There is one song they have done, called Scorn Not His Simplicity ...anyway it is about a young disabled buy trying to fit in. It just has this simpleness to it...and just makes me want to cry. Plus...it has special meaning for the Tenor in the group who usually does it, as he, himself has a physical disability..he had to have both his legs amputated at the knees when he was young due to a birth deformity!! He uses prostethetics, and untill I read an article about him, I never would have guessed.

Thank you Marie,

That's what I meant. Give you're story behind "your song".

Ok I'll give another example. "Lightning Crashes" by Live, when my grandmother died. No kidding, the day she died, my cousin was in the same hospital, his wife gave birth to his daughter. Oh how poignant! Gives me chill now, the good kind

God Bless BR!!!

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Oh..I have another. It is an old Billy Joel song, from the late 80's. I think the title was "Our Time to Remember". Anyway, the tag line was "This is our time to remember, 'cause it will not last forever". I was dating a guy at the time, and its funny, but we both realized it was a temporary thing, and though we liked each other well enough, we were not hitting it off as a couple. We broke up after a couple of months, but I still think of this guy when I hear the song.

+ Reply to Thread