+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your Pet Lost and Found Stories

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    05:11 PM

Your Pet Lost and Found Stories

I wondered if anyone would like to share their pet lost and found stories?

I'll start with one of the times Toby, in his adventerous puppyhood, went missing.

A windy evening, our garden gate blew down, and Toby, who was in the garden at the time, decided to go out and explore. My parents had gone out shopping for the evening, and I had just got in from work, to find Toby missing, along with half of the garden gate. I was really worried, especially with Toby having no roadsense. I went out and called his name, but no sign of Toby. I was upset, and started to think the worst; I live on a fairly busy road. I prayed that Toby would be okay, and be safe, that was all I could do for now. As soon as Mum and Dad got back, I would have to tell them, and get my dad to drive around looking for him.

When my parents had arrived back home, they arrived with more than the shopping, they bought Toby back with them. They found him, walking around the garage shop, when they stopped to buy petrol. They almost decided to buy the petrol the next day instead, but thankfully they didn't! Thanks to good timing, Toby was found in the shop, obviously taking no notice of the 'No Dogs' sign on the door.
    Some people think this is it;
    fish think the same about the sea.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    11:11 AM

Re: Your Pet Lost and Found Stories

Oh gosh this reminds me of our old dog shadow.
    She was a real firecracker, a border collie corgie cross. She had loads of energy. We were living in a fairly new area in the city, so loads of development going on and one day the little rat she escaped our yard and took off. It was about 3 days later when she came home dirty and smelling worse than poop, the great thing about this story... we were walking out the front door, my husband and I and our oldest daughter who was about 2.5 at the time. There came Shadow around from the side of the house, well our daughter put her hands on her hip and loudly asked "Shadow, where have you been" ahhh it was priceless, a happy day when the dog came home and the daughter made it so funny.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    09:11 AM

Both stories are adorible. I wish my story was as happy. I had a cat, he was MY first pet, I have had many as a child but this cat was MY first pet. His name was Smokey and for the longest time was a cute cuddly little kitten with a great ammount of attitude, well up until the day his little member between his legs arived that is. Than he was just a horny little bugger. But just a few months ago he ran away threw my bathroom window and I have not seen him since I hope someone picked him up.

Now Im stuck with a HUGE dog who thinks hes a chihuahua.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    01:11 PM

i was living in the florida keys. i had a pet bird i adored. but he used to drive me crazy, would insist on perching on my shoulder, which was fine, but he would bite my lip and draw blood if i talked on the phone! birds can be very jealous. anyway, i evacuated for a hurricane, gave him to a friend to watch, and he was blown away, never to be seen again.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    06:11 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Portia
    i was living in the florida keys. i had a pet bird i adored. but he used to drive me crazy, would insist on perching on my shoulder, which was fine, but he would bite my lip and draw blood if i talked on the phone! birds can be very jealous. anyway, i evacuated for a hurricane, gave him to a friend to watch, and he was blown away, never to be seen again.
    That's sad.
    I have a parrot that drives me round the ruddy twist, and somedays i imagine him being blown away.

Just kidding, as you all know, i love my animals.

Senior Member pantsonfire321@aol.com's Avatar
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Where do i start ..... i had a corn snake that went walkabout into next doors garage . He was found a whole year later by my neighbour... i think hes now recovered .
    Then when i moved, one of my Berber skinks escaped and another neighbour found him a few days later . She put these great big thick gloves on thinking he was poisious - poor little guy .
    Then my Iggy decided to hide while i was cleaning out his residence . I checked everywhere,i actually thought the little bugger may have gone out the window . I even rang the R.S.P.C.A ..guess where i found him a few hours later ... under a duvet he forgot to hide his tail

ANIMALS DON'T YOU JUST LUV EM
    Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .

Smile people

yep, this bitch bites back .

Senior Member pantsonfire321@aol.com's Avatar
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Portia

I don't know about jealous , my African greys demonic
    Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .

Smile people

yep, this bitch bites back .

Wendybird

We currently have 2 cats. Once we have had since she was 6 weeks old - Half Pint - we also had her brother Scrumpy but he was killed on a nearby road. The other cat we have is Toosh. She adopted us 4 years ago when her previous owners were arguing badly prior to a divorce. I think she just wanted some peace.

Anyway......................Half Pint..................stupid darn cat has had 3 road accidents so far. First one was the worse. She now has a limp on the front left paw, a limp on the rear right paw, blind in one eye and deaf in one ear, and can't close her jaw properly due to the pinning she had to have. But she is a happy and agile cat otherwise.

She disappeared for 5 days. We had given up hope of ever seeing her again. I cried myself to sleep every night - we had lost our dog 2 months earlier and then 1 month after that we lost Scrumpy.

I had just got out of the bath and was sitting in the lounge wrapped in a towel when I heard this little squeek noise from the doorway. I looked round and there was this filthy bundle of weeds, dirt and blood sitting in the doorway. I didn't even realise it was Half Pint! I moved over towards it to see what it was when she lifted her head and then offered me her paw (a trick I taught her as a kitten).

I burst into tears, gently touched her then wrapped her in the towel I was wearing. I quickly got dressed and drove to the vets.

The upshot is that she recovered, she did NOT learn her lesson and is still prone to sitting in the middle of the street and expect the cars to go around HER! I'mjust glad we have pet insurance or we would have paid out £5000+ by now on her!

Toosh on the other hand is never far away from home. If I whistle for her she comes running just like a dog would. The day she doesn't come running is the day I know something has happened to her.

Pets are as heartbreaking as kids.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    01:11 PM

We were in the process of moving and had taken my daughter's cat to the new place. A year later, we were at a yard sale when a cat walked up to my daughter and rubbed up against her. She yelled, "It's Fluffy". It sure looked liked Fluffy, but a year later? The people said she had become the neighborhood cat; that she wondered into the neighborhood a year ago. My daughter asked if they'd mind if she took her home. They were inseparable until Fluffy got hit by a car.

My son got a ball python for his birthday. Here I am, scared to death of snakes, but Al thought it'd be a great birthday surprise. We had it one day, and it escaped for a week. I had one sleepless week! Then it just reappeared on the staircase one day.

I had a cockatiel that I loved dearly. He was very seldom in his cage. He was usually on my shoulder telling me what a pretty bird he was. One day, for some unknown reason, Al opened the door and out Opie flew. Knowing I would be devastated, he went outside, smacked his arm and yelled and whistled for the bird. It flew across the road, did a huge circle around the store that was there, and landed at Al's feet. Not wanting to ever risk that again, he got his wings clipped.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    12:11 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babies_Mama00
    Now Im stuck with a HUGE dog who thinks hes a chihuahua.
    Erin --

What do you mean? I'm naturally curious, since I have a chihuahua myself.

Sounds like you have some good stories there!
    Live Life with
    PASSION
    !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast