+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time
    07:22 PM

Re: i'm gona lose 30 pounds

i have really tried hard to be sensible this diet i have cut back on bread etc

exercised more i've only lost a few pounds but i have not had that dramatic

first week weight loss where you lose 6 pounds and then your fat level jumps

up by 6% and i have really felt well before when i have crash dieted i have

felt really light headed and ill so this has gotta be the better way

does any one know how accurate those bathroom scales are with the fat

measurer thing on them

come on guys old jimbo cant be the only one on the whole forum that's trying

to lose weight let us know how its going

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time
    02:22 PM

Jimbo

I have lost 15 pounds over the past few months

I'm almost at my goal

I'm taking it nice and slow . . . that's the only way I can keep it off
    Live Life with
    PASSION
    !

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time
    03:22 PM

OK,finely some thing I can talk about that I know about.
    first thing is that you need too know is that fitness is 24/7 program.
    And you picking the worst time too start,right before the holidays.I can be done,you have too WANT it.Find or by a stationary bike,Put it right i front of your TV,They make some that accommodate a PC or lap top.But in front of the TV is best.I don't care if only ride for ten minutes a day.Make good use of your idle time.
    If you are thinking about getting into MMA or anything like that,stretch.stretch.............stretch,mkae it part of your daily life.The most common down fall of some one trying too get in shape is fatigue and injury.
    Don't starve your self,you can still eat,eat good,but small meals through out the day.Walking is a good way too start on your road too wellness.
    I will give a link too one the best web sites I know so you can do some reading and get educated.You can do this,just baby steps.
    And last but not least,track your progress,you will go up and down,thats normal.Fitness is a lifetime commitment.
    And about number seven? IF YOU BUILD IT,THEY WILL COME!

www.shapefit.com
    I have more if you need them,but this has all the links you need.

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time
    10:52 PM

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    i have really tried hard to be sensible this diet i have cut back on bread etc

exercised more i've only lost a few pounds but i have not had that dramatic

first week weight loss where you lose 6 pounds and then your fat level jumps

up by 6% and i have really felt well before when i have crash dieted i have

felt really light headed and ill so this has gotta be the better way

does any one know how accurate those bathroom scales are with the fat

measurer thing on them

come on guys old jimbo cant be the only one on the whole forum that's trying

to lose weight let us know how its going
    I'd cut down on fat, not bread, etc. Have it, and potatoes, and so on, but don't
    have butter, margarine, oil, etc. on it/them. Don't eat any processed food at
    all, either. Lots of fat can be hidden in that sort of stuff.

Nothing wrong with bread and potatoes - it's the stuff that goes on 'em!

If you've lost "a few pounds" in the little while since you started, then you
    should congratulate yourself, and keep at it.

It may help to "always leave yoursely just a *little* bit hungry" after a meal.

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time
    12:22 PM

Smile To Lose 30 Pounds

Hey, Jimbo...

So, you have 7 new goals on your list, and very targeted ones, too.

Would like to know how you are coming along.

Also, as a professional reminder that may help you...

It is perfectly okay (and, in fact, even highly recommended) to lose only one to two pounds per week. No more than that is fine for long-term success at weight loss.

See you in a few. Please keep me posted.

Ken Dockins
    Body Fat Expert

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time
    08:22 PM

Jimbo honeybun, I'm a fellow lardy and send love and cuddles (if we can get our arms around each other that is!!hee hee)

I've tried slimming world in the past - you have red and green days where you have either protein or carbohydrates and 'free' food and add a small portion of the other. And 'sins' for the stuff you don't really need.

I am really bad at denying myself all the great foods that I love - puddings, cakes, choc etc so I'm almost doomed to fail before I start.

I have also tried reductil on prescription which helped me lose 3 stone (42 pounds)
    but I went back to my old eating habits and put it all back on. These things will work but only if you're prepared to accept that any changes you make are for life - which I wasn't.

Exercise is also a problem for me because I cannot do any weight bearing stuff nor anything too repetitious as I have a condition that makes that very painful.

So I've sort of resigned myself to being the size I am, which isn't horrendous it's not like I need to lose the weight of a cow or something. i get a bit fed up sometimes clothes shopping but the main thing is that i like me as I am, my hubby still loves me and so do my family.

So I've decided to accept me for what I am and just get on and live my life to the full. End of sermon

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time
    02:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Imladris
    So I've sort of resigned myself to being the size I am, which isn't horrendous it's not like I need to lose the weight of a cow or something. i get a bit fed up sometimes clothes shopping but the main thing is that i like me as I am, my hubby still loves me and so do my family.

So I've decided to accept me for what I am and just get on and live my life to the full. End of sermon
    Hiya Ichick

I congratulate you on your self-acceptance. Truly. It's a hard thing to do and I commend you for it
    Live Life with
    PASSION
    !

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by cherandbuster
    Hiya Ichick

I congratulate you on your self-acceptance. Truly. It's a hard thing to do and I commend you for it
    Thanks poppett, i love that you call me Ichick, do you know for my lunch today I had yoghurt (good), potato chips(hmm not so good) and a bar of chocolate (bad) but I don't care, I'll eat healthily tonight - life's too short to let that bar of choc escape

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time

I think weight loss really becomes an individual thing - what works for your body type I mean. Ive had to watch my blood pressure since I was 16 (lucky me) so weight is always an issue for me and over the years have yoyoed almost as much as Oprah!!! In 1999 I lost 23 kilos ( not sure what that is in stone) and have never put it back on my main tricks are these Jimbo:

1. I never eat after 6pm ever
    2. I do not touch anything white - bread, rice, potatoes, cream, eggs as soon as I do bang see ya fav pair of jeans - I mean I put on 5 kilos walking past a bread shop man!!!! Dont ask what happens if I actually WALK into the shop
    3. I eat a huge breakfast, average lunch and a small dinner
    4. Its not just the fat content to look for on packets its the sugar!!!!! bad bad bad
    5. Full strength soft drink - or is it pop/soda to you guys? bad bad bad
    6. I drink 3 litres of water every day and eat fruit 3 times a day
    7. Eating out - no garlic bread, no creamy carbonara and always ask for an extra salad instead of fries and drink a huge glass of water before you go out.
    8. Walk walk walk - its the best weight loss exercise known to man. It may take a few extra weeks b4 you see results compared to higher intensity workouts but once your body is into it there is no stopping that weight coming off.

Like I said its all individual and some of my tricks may seem extreme to folks but you have to do what you have to do and its important to know and understand your body. And you certainly can tell the diffference in your bodys performance, you sleep better, have more energy and the brain likes it too!!! Good luck matey

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time
    07:22 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by OzBoy
    I think weight loss really becomes an individual thing - what works for your body type I mean. Ive had to watch my blood pressure since I was 16 (lucky me) so weight is always an issue for me and over the years have yoyoed almost as much as Oprah!!! In 1999 I lost 23 kilos ( not sure what that is in stone) and have never put it back on my main tricks are these Jimbo:

1. I never eat after 6pm ever
    2. I do not touch anything white - bread, rice, potatoes, cream, eggs as soon as I do bang see ya fav pair of jeans - I mean I put on 5 kilos walking past a bread shop man!!!! Dont ask what happens if I actually WALK into the shop
    3. I eat a huge breakfast, average lunch and a small dinner
    4. Its not just the fat content to look for on packets its the sugar!!!!! bad bad bad
    5. Full strength soft drink - or is it pop/soda to you guys? bad bad bad
    6. I drink 3 litres of water every day and eat fruit 3 times a day
    7. Eating out - no garlic bread, no creamy carbonara and always ask for an extra salad instead of fries and drink a huge glass of water before you go out.
    8. Walk walk walk - its the best weight loss exercise known to man. It may take a few extra weeks b4 you see results compared to higher intensity workouts but once your body is into it there is no stopping that weight coming off.

Like I said its all individual and some of my tricks may seem extreme to folks but you have to do what you have to do and its important to know and understand your body. And you certainly can tell the diffference in your bodys performance, you sleep better, have more energy and the brain likes it too!!! Good luck matey
    This is where I have a problem - I eat every three hours on the dot - 9, 12, 3 ,6 ,9 ,12, and the last meal is probably the largest.

I wish I could loose weight!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast