Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Goin' out or stayin in

tmbsgrl

Smile Goin' out or stayin in

What is Everyone doing for New Years Eve? Not sure what we are doing. I don't like the thought of driving on the roads with all the drunks on that night, i think we might stay home.
    Susie

Local Date
    04-03-2020
    Local Time
    12:54 AM

Re: Goin' out or stayin in

it is amateur night for drunks on the road! be safe everyone please....house parties are great, where people who drink can stay over. and of course designated drivers...but that does not protect you from the drunks who are out there.. i am off duty new years eve, but i will be listening to my scanner hoping it's not the usual carnage. the next morning i have to put on Class A uniform and be sworn in again, because our new sheriff gets sworn new years day, so we ALL will be re-sworn , 550 of us. it will be an awesome (scary LOL) sight!

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time
    10:54 PM

Quote Originally Posted by tmbsgrl
    What is Everyone doing for New Years Eve? Not sure what we are doing. I don't like the thought of driving on the roads with all the drunks on that night, i think we might stay home.
    Susie
    Since we began having kids, New Years has been a "stay at home" tradition. We are all pretty "partied" out after Christmas so we stay at home, watch a movie, play games, watch the New Year's Eve mania on tv, keep the fire bright and warm, and enjoy each other's company.

Local Date
    04-03-2020
    Local Time
    12:54 AM

well.. as LC says, it is amateur nite. Way too many idiots out there that chug a bottle of bubbly and then jump behind the wheel. Soooooo.. taking that into consideration I will probably just relax, hang out, and fall asleep in front of the television... tres exciting...
    Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time
    09:54 PM

I can stay up all night anytime i want & get wasted...we never celebrate New Year's...we just hope for a good year, with no bad luck...stayin - in. A friday night, ya, we'll be tippin the wine....

tmbsgrl

I Agree with you all 100% It is going to be a dangerous night and i prefer to keep my family in my house where i know everyone is safe. I love being home with just the family. A few friends might come over but as they enter my home i am taking their keys away & they will get them back in the morning!
    Susie

KlatunIckto

Being single,alone all holidays seem to suc so Ill find myself asleep on 2005,and its eve.

Winter months-Florida, Summer months- New England
    Local Date
    04-03-2020
    Local Time
    01:54 AM

As everybody has already pointed out, the roads are too dangerous to travel. So our family & some close neighbors gather at out house. We all (the ones that are still up) watch the Ball fall at Times Square, doing the count down with them. At zero, we all run around the house with noise makers yelling and screaming. Then we run "outside" for a few minutes (it's usually very cold) and make enough noise to wake any of our neighbors that may be asleep! When they yell back, we know it time to go back in!!
    Cars
    <"LIFE is SHORT, Make the most of it!!!" GET OUTTA HERE!>
    <Love living Large!>
    <Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!>

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time
    09:54 PM

Quote Originally Posted by KlatunIckto
    Being single,alone all holidays seem to suc so Ill find myself asleep on 2005,and its eve.
    Friend, forgive me if I sound corny, OK? But the older I get the more I have learned that things only suck if we let them. There are many situations you cannot control but there are many that you can. Pick a kid who's got nothing and give them a Christmas, spend your New Years at an old folks home or even just take your mom and dad or an elder relative out to dinner. If joy ain't comin to you go and get it. Good Luck and remember just because your alone this year dosen't mean you'll be in that situation next year. I'm sure all of your friends on the Forum will be wishing you well, as I do.

KlatunIckto

Register to remove this ad.
    uhh well err well uhh the older I get the worse I feel about being single/alone.
    Not sure how ancient you are but all and more of the things you mention Ive done indeed Ive done my volunteering by and large.
    An old folks home!!! no they might keep me

You know Ive tried that, Ive traveled far and wide,and still to this day when the weakness of the passion strikes I still find an ounce of hope to search for joy,it just aint' there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast