Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Human Rights ???

ArnoldLayne

Human Rights ???

I'm sick of the abuses of human rights in this country. Aided and abbeted by our government.

I've believed for a long time now that criminals are looked after far better than the real victims of society. Why they even gave Abu Hamza, the hook handed cleric in jail, a laptop, bless him

Now we learn that the poor loves who went cold turkey in prison will be compensated for their trauma.

So what about the human rights of their victims. What about the trauma the old ladies suffered when they were mugged for their pension or the burglary victims putting back the pieces of their homes and their lives

The Human Rights Act in this country is just a charter to compensate criminals and to make people like Tony Blairs wife very rich.

It stinks

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ion/article.do

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time
    06:31 PM

Re: Human Rights ???

Heard parts of that on the news, last night. I couldn't believe what I was hearing and I just despair
    Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time
    01:31 PM

This is what happens when people forget to link rights with responsibility. Sometimes I think they try to purposely separate the two.

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time
    07:31 PM

Even though all the drugs the offenders were addicted to were illegal, they argued that the prison system had no right to make them stop, or to put them through detox programmes without their consent.
    Okay so give them the choice...detox or cold turkey.

I could SPIT, I am SO disgusted with this!
    Local radio interviewed an inmate of Winchester prison yesterday. It was obvious this chap was foreign from his accent. He was banged-up for shoplifting, which he alledgedly did to feed his habit and he was whining that it was the governments fault he was caught shoplifting when he was 'forced' into it as the only way he could afford to feed his habit and now he's been made to go cold turkey and we 'owe' it to him to pay him for his suffering!

Didn't someone (Acc?) say recently that if we all threw our votes away in the same direction, we might make a difference?

Well there is NO WAY I'm voting Labour or Tory...so what's left?
    Why don't we all vote for the Green party or the Monster Raving Loony Party?
    Wouldn't it shock the socks off everyone if a minor group won an election?
    It would certainly show the 'Big 2' how unimpressed with them we are!

anomaly
    Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time
    11:31 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Accountable View Post
    This is what happens when people forget to link rights with responsibility. Sometimes I think they try to purposely separate the two.
    I'll be unpopular and say the following about responsibility.

I think there should be an inquiry as to who decided that the prisoners should be denied methadone and that person should be punished. Methadone is a very inexpensive drug that ended up costing tax payers a fortune because of the ridiculous decision that the prisoners should have to suffer without it. I can't imagine any good reason why that decision was made.

The accountability here is the public servant to run the prison properly and reasonably.

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by koan View Post

I think there should be an inquiry as to who decided that the prisoners should be denied methadone and that person should be punished. Methadone is a very inexpensive drug that ended up costing tax payers a fortune because of the ridiculous decision that the prisoners should have to suffer without it. I can't imagine any good reason why that decision was made.

The accountability here is the public servant to run the prison properly and reasonably.
    Why is the public servant responsible for the consequences of the criminal's choices? The public servant didn't force the criminal to take the drugs. The criminal's decision; the criminal's consequence; the criminal's accountability.

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time

How about...because it's prison?? What's next, the taxpayers are at fault when someone gets infected from a jailhouse tattoo?

It sounds to me like not wasting money on methadone is a pretty reasonable choice. They suffered? Maybe we should define what real suffering means.
    It's the smackhead's fault he's a smackhead. Prison is not supposed to be a compassionate clinic for druggies, it's supposed to be a hellish place on earth you never want to return to.

LIFE IS SHORT...LIVE HARD Nomad's Avatar
    Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time
    12:31 PM

Human Rights ???

After reading the daily newspaper I dont think humans should have rights. Down with humans !
    I AM AWESOME MAN

anomaly
    Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time

The public servant has a duty to perform a job in a way that prevents the public from unnecessary expense. The decision to deny the prisoner a prescription that helped them detox from a drug addiction accomplishes what? The prescription costs very little. The decision to deny it has now cost a lot. I think the public servant made a poor choice. And I'll bet the choice was made because he/she liked the idea of the person having to suffer more extensively.

Why are there methadone centres anywhere? Because society decided there is benefit from reducing the number of drug addicts. Who is this public servant to decide that theory is wrong. In fact this public servant is in a place (the prison) to believe in that theory more strongly.

It was sadistic behaviour to deny the methadone. I'm glad the prisoners were awarded and I think the public should demand an investigation.

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    The public servant has a duty to perform a job in a way that prevents the public from unnecessary expense. The decision to deny the prisoner a prescription that helped them detox from a drug addiction accomplishes what? The prescription costs very little. The decision to deny it has now cost a lot. I think the public servant made a poor choice. And I'll bet the choice was made because he/she liked the idea of the person having to suffer more extensively.

Why are there methadone centres anywhere? Because society decided there is benefit from reducing the number of drug addicts. Who is this public servant to decide that theory is wrong. In fact this public servant is in a place (the prison) to believe in that theory more strongly.

It was sadistic behaviour to deny the methadone. I'm glad the prisoners were awarded and I think the public should demand an investigation.
    I agree! An investigation is certainly called for - of a judicial system that's so f'd up that it would compensate criminals for being uncomfortable experiencing the consequences of their own decisions/actions.

As for the rest, I suggest that you purchase some inexpensive methadone and send some care packages to those you feel need it, rather than calling for the taxpayer to foot the bill.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast