Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: "Stranger Danger" Good idea or bad for humanity?

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    08:42 AM

Re: "Stranger Danger" Good idea or bad for humanity?

Quote Originally Posted by Patsy Warnick View Post
    Raven

I've had several strangers help me out in different situation - whether my car broke down, or they carried something to my car for me, your still vulnerable.So, you've never had a bad situation - your lucky.
    Being approached by a man is a totally different situation, I was putting grocerys in my car and the man could've made a comment & moved on but didn't. He didn't ask to help with the grocerys, he wanted to know about my TAN.. So, he's already checked me out and I was uncomfortable.
    I'm always aware of my surroundings - I don't appreciate anyone in my face or in my space. All I'm saying is men should allow a comfortable space for conversation.

Patsy
    Dont get me wrong, Patsy. I am not suggesting you shouldnt be aware of who is around you at all times. There are evil people everywhere. But they are not everybody and they are not the majority of folks.
    ~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~

Diuretic

Quite some time ago I read a piece which suggested that men should be educated into how to behave to reassure a woman that he (the bloke) wasn't a threat to her.

It said how he should walk to the other side of the footpath if he was walking towards her or even cross to the other side of the road to give her space. There were lots of other ideas.

On the surface they seemed reasonable. But then I thought, if some mongrel with bad intent was reading this then they'd have a clue as to how to fool a woman into thinking she was safe from him, that he was somehow some sort of Sensitive New Age Guy instead of being a Mongrel B*stard from Hell.

Best that women keep their tactics for safety to themselves. Let us blokes behave as we normally do, at least we're somewhat predictable then.

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    08:42 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Diuretic View Post
    Quite some time ago I read a piece which suggested that men should be educated into how to behave to reassure a woman that he (the bloke) wasn't a threat to her.

It said how he should walk to the other side of the footpath if he was walking towards her or even cross to the other side of the road to give her space. There were lots of other ideas.

On the surface they seemed reasonable. But then I thought, if some mongrel with bad intent was reading this then they'd have a clue as to how to fool a woman into thinking she was safe from him, that he was somehow some sort of Sensitive New Age Guy instead of being a Mongrel B*stard from Hell.

Best that women keep their tactics for safety to themselves. Let us blokes behave as we normally do, at least we're somewhat predictable then.
    Actually my husband just brought up a good point. This goes two ways. Chicks are just as apt to holler 'rape' as blokes are to actually doing it.
    ~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    09:42 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    I read an article a while ago about a man who got women into his car and raped or murdered them. When the police caught him they asked him how he got so many women into his car without a struggle. He said that he would go to a mall parking lot, run up to a woman alone and beg help for his sick child who was in his car. He'd say the mother was away and he didn't know what to do. Apparently the mothering instinct rushed to the fore and every single woman he approached ran to help him and his 'sick child' out. It was a while ago but I think he either forced them into his car or said the child was home alone and could the woman come with him in the car. He apparently appeared genuine and desperate! And they all fell for it!

The team tested his theory and asked women if they would go with a man to help a sick child. They agreed they would. And even knowing this, I think if someone ran up to me begging for help for a very sick child I don't know if I'd even think of any potential danger, I think I'd just go to help, as I hope someone would help my kids if they needed it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3