+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My beautiful Ben

Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time
    10:49 PM

Unhappy My beautiful Ben

Hello everybody. I am very new to this but am constantly searching the internet for ways of coping with my family's situation. My 15yr old son, Ben, was diagnosed with a brain stem tumour on 23rd November 2005. Two days later we were told he had less than a 10% chance of survival. Now, a year on ( a very long year) he has only a few months left. He has gone from a typical teenager, always out with his mates, constantly playing football and thinking about girls to someone who staggers around the house, barely able to walk, see or talk. I know he will soon be needing hospice care and watching my amazing son disintergate before my eyes - well the pain is incredible. I don't know how I carry on but I have to, for him and for my 6yr old, Ashley. My family are fantastic but none of them really know what I'm going through. I'm his mum! I should be able to protect him and keep him safe. This has got to be one of the cruellest ways for your child to die. I sometimes pray he could be knocked over by a bus, anything to stop him having to endure this gradual deterioration, this loss of all his abilities, whiilst his mind is fully aware what is going on. I feel so alone, I need to know that somebody out there knows how I am feeling.

Senior Member pantsonfire321@aol.com's Avatar
    Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    07:49 AM

Re: My beautiful Ben

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulben'smum View Post
    Hello everybody. I am very new to this but am constantly searching the internet for ways of coping with my family's situation. My 15yr old son, Ben, was diagnosed with a brain stem tumour on 23rd November 2005. Two days later we were told he had less than a 10% chance of survival. Now, a year on ( a very long year) he has only a few months left. He has gone from a typical teenager, always out with his mates, constantly playing football and thinking about girls to someone who staggers around the house, barely able to walk, see or talk. I know he will soon be needing hospice care and watching my amazing son disintergate before my eyes - well the pain is incredible. I don't know how I carry on but I have to, for him and for my 6yr old, Ashley. My family are fantastic but none of them really know what I'm going through. I'm his mum! I should be able to protect him and keep him safe. This has got to be one of the cruellest ways for your child to die. I sometimes pray he could be knocked over by a bus, anything to stop him having to endure this gradual deterioration, this loss of all his abilities, whiilst his mind is fully aware what is going on. I feel so alone, I need to know that somebody out there knows how I am feeling.

Hi stick around i have no doubt you will find plenty of support here - welcome.
    Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .

Smile people

yep, this bitch bites back .

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    01:49 AM

I am so sorry to hear this. my heart goes out to you and your son.

gupster

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time

Welcome to the garden

Hamster

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulben'smum View Post

Hello..I can't say I know how you feel but I am thinking of you...Welcome to FG. You'll find lots of support here...

tmbsgrl

Welcome to the garden- I am so sorry to hear about your son. I can't even imagine how you must feel. My heart & prayers go to you and your family. You'll find the support you need here-

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    06:49 AM

no parent should have to see their children die it goes against the natural order of things i'm sure any one on f g is here for you to talk to if you need to welcome to the garden

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time

Welcome to the garden - hugs you tight

I think, therefore I post chonsigirl's Avatar
    Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    01:49 AM

Welcome to FG, and we are here for you my dear.

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    06:49 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    so very sorry for what you and your beautiful son are going through; life is very cruel at times. Lean on your friends and family, so he can lean on you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast