anomaly
    Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time
    05:08 PM

Re: Compulsive Liars

Great photos, MF
    you look so happy!

I hate doing the "tourist" shot. spot had to make me get in one of the photos I took during my first week in the UK. That's the only one with me in it so far.

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time
    01:08 AM

My mum told a lot of lies when we were kids, so much so i actually do think she ended up not being able to tell what was true & what was not
    It was pretty hard for us as she expected us to back the lies up, really ****ty position to be in whilst your a kid
    Liars irritate me now, probably because of that

anomaly
    Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup View Post
    so much so i actually do think she ended up not being able to tell what was true & what was not
    It almost makes ya feel sorry for them.

almost

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time
    01:08 AM

some lies are sort of ok, like the little white one's to protect people but its the one's that have no reason do my head in

Diuretic

That first pic looks like Mt Pilatus Magenta....?

Oh and liars - dunno why they bother but I suppose for someone who isn't required to lie as part of their job (used car salespeople, politicians and so on) it's some sort of compensatory behaviour. Bit sad really.

Magenta flame

Mount Titlus diuretic.

I've just been watching John Howard give a press conference Now that's sad.

anomaly
    Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

I guess, even though it seems like a minor annoyance, compulsive lying (pathological) is not so minor when it goes on for years and years. It can lead a lot of devastation in its wake.

btw, my sympathies MF :wah
    actually, I was talked into listening to an after dinner speech by an air traffic controller about...being an air traffic controller. Ended up laughing until I cried. One never knows.

Diuretic

Quote Originally Posted by Magenta flame View Post
    Mount Titlus diuretic.

I've just been watching John Howard give a press conference Now that's sad.
    Oh I didn't get there....probably just as well anyway because I can't ski or anything and Pilatus had a neat cable car.

JH -

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

My last partner, lover, mate, whatever you want to call him, was a pathological liar. He lied about big things, he lied about small things, he pretty much lied about everything. I hate lying and I hate that I made allowances for him. I did so because I knew he actually believed what he was saying which sort of made it more like fabricating than lying. Eventually it became quite pathetic. Also a big reason for his having to speed up the break up process with me was because I knew too many truths. He has to start over with someone else who will believe all of his bull****. His lying would often involve maligning someone elses character, in order to exonerate himself from being responsible for anything. He went so far as to tell my son who was 16 at the time..... Your mom is gay" That lie was to have an excuse for my not wanting to live with him anymore. The worst was telling people " Im a Viet Nam Vet. I used to cringe with shame for him everytime he said it. He actually sat at a desk sharpening pencils,during the last two years of the war and never left the US. It is a very serious character flaw. It can also be dangerous.

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time
    07:08 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    My ex was a compulsive lier. he would lie when the truth would have sounded better. i used to listen to him tell one lie after another on the phone ot any and all. He would tell me he was playing golf when in reality he was down the road at a neighbors playing cards. He NEVER told the truth. he even went so far to tell me that anybody stupid enough to believe him deserved what they got. he was esp. good at picking up women. i had several in the end call me and cry and tell me how bad they were had. what can you say? to bad , so sad, know the game, fell for it first. And whenever he was confronted he just wouldn't deal with any lies. I noticed he went through alot of people as so called friends because as they figured him out they all scattered or he had to move on to keep up the illusion of what ever he wanted to project about himself. Like a chamileon. he was an illusion. .........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast