Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Compulsive Liars

anomaly
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    03:50 PM

Compulsive Liars

I worked in a car dealership as the night receptionist while saving up for college. During that time, as you can imagine, I heard a lot of lies.

There are different types of liars but the compulsive liars are the most interesting. One of the salesmen, in particular, would practice lying whenever there were no customers around to perform it on. He would wander over to my desk, make himself a coffee (I didn't "do" coffee) and launch into a random spiel. It could be about anything, but usually something that made him look good. He'd finish his story and I'd look him and say "you're so full of ****" He'd start to get offended, then realise he'd been seen through him, and laugh. He'd always come back and try it again later. I never figured out if he thought he'd fool me next time or not but, once in a while, I'd tell him it was "a good one." It seems a good liar needs practice. It only surprised me that he was able to continue enjoying it so much.

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

Re: Compulsive Liars

So glad that I never worked in a car dealership.

anomaly
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    So glad that I never worked in a car dealership.
    I suggest you try it. Fascinating. And, I found, educational.

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    05:50 PM

(clearing THROAT)....EX was a car salesman...and pretty good at it too...but not for long, sold meat out of a pick-up truck (frozen of course). Drove Tractor Trailer, Lineman (power lines) and umm there may of been some I missed...but now he's a Real Estate Agent...He's very good at lying...one reason we aren't together...cause I always told the truth to the other person he was lying to....

The sad part about liars, is that they believe it after a while...and don't care who they hurt with those lies...I'd rather be honest and know that I haven't falsely told something to someone than LIE like a dog and not care about the out-come...

anomaly
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by WonderWendy3 View Post
    (clearing THROAT)....EX was a car salesman...and pretty good at it too...but not for long, sold meat out of a pick-up truck (frozen of course). Drove Tractor Trailer, Lineman (power lines) and umm there may of been some I missed...but now he's a Real Estate Agent...He's very good at lying...one reason we aren't together...cause I always told the truth to the other person he was lying to....

The sad part about liars, is that they believe it after a while...and don't care who they hurt with those lies...I'd rather be honest and know that I haven't falsely told something to someone than LIE like a dog and not care about the out-come...
    LMAO I know what reaction that gets. Steal a liar's thunder and they blow!

I've found that it is essential for them to believe their own lies. It's the only way to stay convincing. I can't figure out how they keep track of them all. That's why it usually can't last over long term relationships.

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by koan View Post
    I suggest you try it. Fascinating. And, I found, educational.
    No. My younger brother worked in a car dealership near the beach here in So. Orange. He was in sales.
    He told me some horror stories. Especially one about a man who wanted to test drive a car and took him on a ride of his life.

And sometimes these unsavory characters would just walk onto the lot and have nothing but trouble on their minds. A few times he'd get into confrontations with strange men and they'd to out into the street, take off their ties and start beating each other up. The managers would call the cops and they'd run a make on the guys and they'd have warrants. So they'd get arrested there on the spot.

There are some frightening people around Orange County area.

anomaly
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

No. My younger brother worked in a car dealership near the beach here in So. Orange. He was in sales.
    He told me some horror stories. Especially one about a man who wanted to test drive a car and took him on a ride of his life.

And sometimes these unsavory characters would just walk onto the lot and have nothing but trouble on their minds. A few times he'd get into confrontations with strange men and they'd to out into the street, take off their ties and start beating each other up. The managers would call the cops and they'd run a make on the guys and they'd have warrants. So they'd get arrested there on the spot.

There are some frightening people around Orange County area.
    That's not half as bad as the salesmen. They just wait until they get to the strip club.

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by koan View Post
    That's not half as bad as the salesmen. They just wait until they get to the strip club.
    Yah, my brother was in sales. I'm sure he's been to strip clubs back then. But now he is "happily married" and has a really busy full-time job and 2 kids. No time for strippers.

Magenta flame

I don't call it lying, I call it .......ummmm.....practising for that big part in a block buster movie that will make me famous and rich to the point where all my relatives will just beg me for money and new houses and i'll have to lie to them and say "they didn't pay me a great deal and now all the money is tied up in stocks so I can't give you anything." then run off to New Zealand where i'll live like a Moari queen and have man servants as big as the Hulk... but better looking, and they'll make me primeminister and I'll bring about world peace. And it will get to the point where I throw all my Nobel peace prizes away to make room for my Academy awards. And then because I'm sooo loved I'll have all the best men in the world vying for my hand. But I'll see through them because they only want a piece of the action so the pre-nuptual agreement will be settled in that he has to live in a dungeon until I need him and so on and so on.

It really really did happen.

anomaly
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Yah, my brother was in sales. I'm sure he's been to strip clubs back then. But now he is "happily married" and has a really busy full-time job and 2 kids. No time for strippers.
    I'm glad he got out before it was too late. There seemed to be a point of no return. I watched the newbies fight for morals but, if they stayed too long, they became lost souls wandering in the stale ponds of self delusion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast