Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tail docking and ear cropping *eewwww*

Local Date
    11-19-2019
    Local Time
    10:51 AM

Re: Tail docking and ear cropping *eewwww*

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu2 View Post
    Rescue greyhounds make wonderful pets! I "sit" for three of them! I've decided that once my Lulu leaves me, I'll probably take at least one greyhound.

THEY ARE LOVE LUMPS! COUCH POTATOS! So graceful and elegant and sweet!

(Do you suppose we could get a vigilante group together....armed with SHEARS...and visit those people who've cropped their dogs' ears? Hmmmmm? )
    That's a fabulous idea, and I can name a whole BUNCH of bikers who would enjoy that project!!! Oh YEAH.
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Local Date
    11-19-2019
    Local Time
    07:51 AM

What fun! We could design some interesting HATS to wear, hiding our identity....they'd have POINTED, CLIPPED EARS!
    My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay

Local Date
    11-19-2019
    Local Time

What fun! We could design some interesting HATS to wear, hiding our identity....they'd have POINTED, CLIPPED EARS!
    Check that: pointed, clipped HUMAN ears. Every dog owner's that ever abused their dog this way.
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time
    01:51 AM

I don't know whether this is actually cruel to the dog or not, but I can't understand why anyone would want to shave bits off a poodle, turn them into some kind of topiaried tree, and then dye the remaining hair bright pink!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pinkpoodle.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	12399  

Local Date
    11-19-2019
    Local Time

It reminds me of people who dress their dogs in costumes and put sunglasses on them, for example! I don't understand the PINK part....but I'm told the clip was designed to protect the poodle when it was hunting. Supposedly, they're hunting dogs. Go figure.
    My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

Yes, German hunting dogs. I can't honestly see the Junker of old trotting into his woods, gun over his shoulder, and pink doggie mincing along after him... nar... well actually I suppose it might reduce the deer to rolling round the ground in helpless laugher - thereby making an easy target.

Local Date
    11-19-2019
    Local Time

It reminds me of people who dress their dogs in costumes and put sunglasses on them, for example! I don't understand the PINK part....but I'm told the clip was designed to protect the poodle when it was hunting. Supposedly, they're hunting dogs. Go figure.
    That part IS true. Believe it or don't but poodles were excellent hunters and that goofy, weird haircut was designed to keep them warm in water. The little tufts protect the joints that are exposed to the cold!
    ~Darrel Worley~

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

WOW, BR. I take it all back, then. Well not the pink stuff, but the other. The poodle was considered a noble dog, not a clothing accessory, that much I know. It was also associated with the devil (who appeared to Faust in that guise).

Local Date
    11-19-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by AussiePam View Post
    WOW, BR. I take it all back, then. Well not the pink stuff, but the other. The poodle was considered a noble dog, not a clothing accessory, that much I know. It was also associated with the devil (who appeared to Faust in that guise).
    I don't know a lot of things, but I have been studying dogs since I could read at 5. A kind of passion of mine. Weird for a died-in-the-blue bowhunter, I think.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Local Date
    11-19-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Ok, there is a reason the cocker spaniel's tail is docked, and while I always have my vet do it, I think it is hardly felt by the 3 day old puppies. Most of them hardly make a sound. I have more trouble out of some dogs to do their nails every week. A dog low in the brush when hunting is prone to getting caught in it and the tail is a very accident prone appendage. Unlike some taller bird dogs, the cocker is the smallest of the sporting group. Also having a long tailed breed, Afghan hounds, I really favor the short tail. I have never had a single Afghan that didn't break its tail once and most have broken them several times, which they did cry about They also are prone to hitting them on things like the coffee table and the refrigerator and making them bleed. Then they bleed all over the house. I don't know much about any of the breeds that have docked ears, but I greatly prefer the docked tail on my cockers. I have never once had a cocker that had an accident with his tail, break his tail or have any complication resulting from docking his tail, quite the opposite actually.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast