Thread: The Disability Test.

Banned
    Local Date
    12-16-2019
    Local Time
    02:02 AM

Re: The Disability Test.

My husband Is registered disabled.

His condition means that although he Is very Ill, he doesn't look It.

I have now lost count of the amount of times we have parked up In the disabled bay outside the supermarket and before we can even undo our seatbelts,, some smug know It all leans across and tells us ... This Is for disabled people you know'
    Sometimes they have gone Into quite a rant about how selfish he Is so now we let them finish ranting and without saying a word, put the disabled badge In the car window and walk off laughing at them. It Is the looks of total embarrassment on their faces that really make my day.

Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    10:02 PM

I think I'll start doing that Oscar. LOL We've gotten dirty looks pulling into the handicap spot with our placard but as soon as they see me walk, I think they understand why we have it.

Local Date
    12-16-2019
    Local Time

I keep thinking you'll one day put your Chubby Checker impersonation on Youtube, Peg. It'll go stratospheric, you'll be on Wilma.

eta: I'd forgotten how good he was. That's quite a voice.

I might do my hair like that.

eta2: the advanced option
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Banned
    Local Date
    12-16-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Peg View Post
    I think I'll start doing that Oscar. LOL We've gotten dirty looks pulling into the handicap spot with our placard but as soon as they see me walk, I think they understand why we have it.
    What Is fascinating Peg, Is that these people pounce on you with the combination of silent glares, patronising pointing to the 'Disabled Only' sign and the full rant before you have had time to draw breath.
    It seems to me that unless your head Is not hanging off, It Is assumed you are a selfish so and so taking a disabled bay.
    Even when the badge goes In the window and we are walking away from the car, we can feel them staring at us thinking to themselves... 'Look, there's nothing wrong with him, he's walking'.
    I remember one woman very recently who did this to us outside the supermarket. Even before we were out of the car, she was leaning In through the window telling us we couldn't park there. My husband said nothing until she had finished, put the badge In the window, we got out and locked the car and begun walking Into the store. She then asked him... 'Well, what's wrong with you then'? In a real nasty accusing way.
    I wanted to punch her frankly but my husband just looked at her and said very nicely ..' I'm dying'.. and carried on walking.

Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    09:02 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    I've always wanted to pull into a handicap spot and get out wearing sun glasses and carrying a white cane.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2