+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Biker!

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time
    01:27 AM

Ask a Biker!

I've had a request to start a new thread for asking Biker questions, so here goes!
    A couple things before I get to the first question:
    Some stuff is not discussed in public such as any Club business. It's a private matter only for Brothers in the MC with the business. Some questions won't be answered because in some way it may intrude on Club business, or for other reasons. When it's allowed I will try and explain why it can't be answered. If the answer to your question is simply "I can't get into that" don't take offense, it's just how some things go. What I do answer is what I know, not neccessarily the rule for all Clubs.

OK, RedGlitter had a question about patches. We women wear a patch very different from what the Brothers wear. Sometimes it's called a "property" patch. It is generally smaller, and doesn't always show the territory of the MC. Some are very difficult to earn, but most patches put on a woman's back are a serious matter. Brothers don't want a patch from their MC on the back of someone who is going to make them look foolish or embarass them.
    Another difference is the shape in lots of cases. Shapes of patches mean things in my world and the woomen's patches don't generally look like the men's at all. I was VERY glad to have my patch at Pig Fest. A huge gathering in my state every year that gets really insane. The guys saw that on my back along with my "Bullet's ol' lady Smooth" patch on my front and steered clear.
    Does that cover it Red?
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time

Re: Ask a Biker!

OK, here is one. You have mentioned "colors" several times. Now, when I hear that term used, it is in reference to street gangs..wearing colors to signify thier gang membership..but I know there is a HUGE difference from a biker group and a gang...and I do not infer they are alike. So...what are "colors" as related to bikers?

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Marie5656 View Post
    OK, here is one. You have mentioned "colors" several times. Now, when I hear that term used, it is in reference to street gangs..wearing colors to signify thier colors..but I know there is a HUGE difference from a biker group and a gang...and I do not infer they are alike. So...what are "colors" as related to bikers?
    Good question and an IMPORTANT distinction betwen gangs and Bikers. Bikers despise being referred to as "gang" in any context.
    The colors (sometimes rags) on a Biker's back are the patch that signify which MC or RC he belongs to and usually the territory ruled by the chapter of that club.
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Local Date
    06-15-2019
    Local Time
    11:27 PM

I'm so glad you made this thread BabyRider!
    Ok, I understand you can't tell us some things so I might be out of line here on this one:
    Could you tell us a little about what the shapes of the patches mean to you guys? And can you tell us how you get them? If not, I understand.

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by RedGlitter View Post
    Ok, I understand you can't tell us some things so I might be out of line here on this one:
    Could you tell us a little about what the shapes of the patches mean to you guys? And can you tell us how you get them? If not, I understand.

That I can tell you about. To a point.

One type is called a "tombstone" patch or just a one-piece patch. This is shaped like that tombstone it's named for. Another is a 3-piece patch. Smaller and it's in 3 separate pieces. The Clubs that wear the different shapes run very different Clubs and have different men than the others, usually. The specifics of what each patch can signify will be answered if I can get the "ok" from someone I trust from one of my Biker forums.

Folks, don't be concerned about asking something you think might not get answered, as long as you understand that there are very good reasons that I can't answer. There are many rules in my lifestyle, all of which exist for good reasons.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time

How do most biker clubs feel about the influx and the magnitude of law enforcement biker clubs?
    When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.
    Mae West

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time

I have a question I support my ol mans colors but have been asked to join a w m/c , how do most m/c feel about that? I am reluctant to join bc they souuprt a diffrent m/c. Can you give my any input Dixie

Winter months-Florida, Summer months- New England
    Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time
    02:27 AM

So. . . . . . ok BR here goes, several questions for starters.

At what age did you start to ride?

And how did you get the feeling that you to wanted to start to ride?

When did you get your first bike, & what kind was it?

Did you ever race other bikers on a race strip?

What's the fastet you ever went on a bike, & where?
    Cars
    <"LIFE is SHORT, Make the most of it!!!" GET OUTTA HERE!>
    <Love living Large!>
    <Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!>

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by RedGlitter View Post

Red I missed the 2nd part of this question.
    Each Club has different ways to earn a patch both for the men and the women. Brothers in MOST Clubs have a probationary period where they have to prove their dedication, heart and committment to the Club. There is a lot to being a probie. Some of that I can't get into. Some MC's make the women probie for their patch. Some are just given when the Brother asks for it. But if a woman wears her man's Club's patch, she has earned it either through the Club or thrugh her ol' man.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by 911 View Post
    How do most biker clubs feel about the influx and the magnitude of law enforcement biker clubs?
    Most don't like them. The LEO clubs in my area wear territory patches and other things that truly pi$$ off the other Clubs, especially the dominant Club.
    ~Darrel Worley~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast