Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What Kind of car do you drive???

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time
    04:06 PM

Re: What Kind of car do you drive???

Cars cars cars. Love or hate em. I've had several through the years. And I've built one and tinkered with others.

My first was a 1985 Cutlass Supreme Broughm. 5.0 litre HO 307 olds. That car would fly top end, but was a dog out of the hole, but I did not know much about cars back then and never corected the problem.

1987 Chevette. Definetly not the cool car, but the thing just would not die.

1991 Dodge Spirit, V6. Sweet little machine, but had a lemon trans.
    1995 Chrysler Lebaron GTC convertable, great cruisin car. Ex wife got it.

1971 Chevelle SS 400 small block, 350 crank and rods, corvette heads and Z28 valve train, ofenhuaser high rise intake, Holly 750 single, 400 turbo trans, shift kit, 2800 stall, headers, glass packs, 338 12 bolt posi.ooooohhhhh I miss her. She was a screamer. I was kickin butt on the new vettes.

1985 C-10 pick up, 350 4 bolt main, edelbrock everything, sweet motor, body died, may she rest in peace.

1995 Cougar XR7 4.6 V8, so far my favorite car. still purrs like a kitten.

Sonoma County, California, United States of America
    Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time
    02:06 PM

i learned to drive in my parent's 1961 VW bus, and 1969 VW bug. That bus is still parked out at my brother's mountain redoubt, it's been in the family 44 years!

first car i bought was a 1970-something honda 600. amazing, weird little car. had a two cylinder motorcycle engine in it! i rebuilt the motor and transmission myself at one point.

after that, 'inherited' the VW bus again for quite a few years, through college. then in my twenties i bought a VM Karmann Ghia. nice little car. the one i bought was a junker of a car though, half the body was 'bondo'. but it was a convertible, i was young, and it was much fun.

after that, it was my beloved 1986 subaru 4-wheel drive wagon. incredibly reliable, fun to drive, enormous cargo capacity, halfway decent mileage. i miss it to this day.

in 2001, i bought my first genuinely new car - a 2002 subaru WRX. the most horsepower i'd ever had at my right foot before was the subaru wagon, with all of 75 horsepower. The WRX - turbocharged - has 227 horsepower, but even more importantly, only 13lbs of weight per horsepower. this thing absolutely flies. blistering acceleration. i've yet to top out in speed either, but that's due to both always running out of open road before reaching top speed, and the fact that if i ever get caught going at the max speed, i'll spend time in the hoosegow and lose my license! highest i've ever gotten is 124mph. it has a 140mph top speed.

i've never had so much fun driving in my life. the pathetic part is that i'm 45 years old. midlife crisis indeed.

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time
    10:06 PM

A clapped out 6 year old nissan micra, like Rachel just for driving the dogs around in, my next car will either be a mini or vw Beetle finances allowing!!
    Attached Images  

ScoupeSlave

anastrophe- nice car!!! i almost got a WRX!!! i love all wheel drive vehicles... and yes you are right, acceleration in that thing is awesome!!!!

-SS

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time

Right now, I currently have a 1990 Toyota celica, GT hatchback. The color is a awsome red.
    CR

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time

Got me a RED 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 with a 24V Turbo Diesel. It sounds manly and it smells like testosterone.
    Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time

had a jeep limited in new england to go skiing, had a lebaron convertible for fun, had a 25 year old Jag XJ6 for passion, and a police package crown vic. for work...i love the lights and sirens! whoop whoop ...our state troopers have camaros, this really cracks me up since they have to put prisoners in the front seat with them, or call us to come get them....no way jose! but the camaros are fast for the highway, state police being triple A.....hahahahahaha

Unconquerable Good Will telaquapacky's Avatar
    Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time

1996 Chevy S-10 4WD P/U Long Bed, Short Cab, White/Blu int. Big, tubular steel chrome bull bars on the front, black sprayed-on bedliner. Lemon law byback. Got it $1000 less than low blue book with 3,000 miles on it and immaculate. Have only had to spend $500 on repairs. Today 130K miles and still runs great.

And I drive my wife's car, 2001 Chevy Blazer White/Tan leather interior, sunroof

My cutest car ever was a 1970 Citroen Mehari. Two cyl, 600 cc, 40mpg. Totally open jeep style mini with ABS plastic body, faded red. I could lift the rear wheels off the ground without a jack. Great desert rat car. Someone set it on fire and that was that.

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time
    09:06 PM

Ford Ka

And i love it, ideal for those of us who have recently passed our driving test. (My new years resolution last year - and i did it by May). Sooooo easy to drive, small - easy to park and quick off the mark.....tho not a racing machine by anyones standards. Next time i go car shopping, it will be something with a lot more oomph! but it does the job for now.

Busybee

Supporting Member along-for-the-ride's Avatar
    Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    A white 2002 PT-Cruiser. Just luv it!
    Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast