Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Knitting!

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    04:42 AM

Re: Knitting!

Quote Originally Posted by koan View Post
    I'm from Ontario originally as well. Good thing to be able to knit around those parts!

I like knitting hats but haven't done any for about 2 years. I tried crocheting but haven't gotten very good at that. I don't have any knitting needles with me now but I might have to go out and get some now that you mention it.

I love the pillow. Pockets are good.
    I would love to try doing hats at some point. Right now I am working on some placemats and a table runner matching set for my mother.

I have never tried crocheting, is it very hard or very different from knitting? I would like to try that at some point.

And thank you!

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by RedGlitter View Post
    Those are wonderful scarves, Delilah! And I love the pocket pillow! I admire people who can knit and crochet; I can't.

Do you know about www.getcrafty.com? It's a craft and DIY (do it yourself) website and knitting is HOT with those people! I hope you'll show us more of your cool creations!!
    Aw, thank you so much Glitter! I made a little coin purse to match the canadian scarf, as well as a matching purse. I have a picture of the coin purse thing, but not the purse.

I have never been there before, but I will check out the link now, thank you very much.

anomaly
    Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    05:42 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I would love to try doing hats at some point. Right now I am working on some placemats and a table runner matching set for my mother.

I have never tried crocheting, is it very hard or very different from knitting? I would like to try that at some point.

And thank you!
    I got a bunch of patterns for free from the knitting store. I was really surprised. Got about $50 worth of photocopied patterns.

Crocheting, the basics, are pretty easy. It's just different... but it goes pretty fast if you're using yarn. I have/had a hat pattern that was crocheted so I started playing around with it. I'll have to try again. But I don't have any patterns with me now either so I'm back to square one.

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

What a cute coin purse!! You know Delilah, if you ever start taking orders, I'd put one in for a knitted purse. I'm being serious here. Like a hobo type handbag only with short handles.

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

What a cute coin purse!! You know Delilah, if you ever start taking orders, I'd put one in for a knitted purse. I'm being serious here. Like a hobo type handbag only with short handles.

Seriously?? I'd do it for you, no problem. It would probably take a month once i started it though..takes me about 2 or three weeks to do something, and than by the time it would land at your door with the shipping, would be about a month total.

What do you mean by a hobo one? I think I know the style, but not sure..could you post an image for me?

I'd be delighted to make one for you. You'd have to let me know what type, color, etc.

I am currently working on something for my mother, but I have more than one set of needles, and usually work on two projects at a time..so I could start yours whenever I go get the yarn. Purses are fun to make. And than you can add whatever kind of decorations as well..buttons, or patches, etc. I want to start trying to add zippers, for the pouch part..but I don't have a sewing machine and sewing a zipper by hand might not work too well, but we'll see.

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

That would be too cool!!
    A hobo is kind of a rounded soft shapeless bag but I will rustle up some photos for you and some measurements. I'll PM those over to you and you can let me know what I'll owe you for yarn and labor. I really didn't expect you to say yes, but it's so nice that you did! Thank you!! I don't knit but I'm crafty and I might be able to whip up a little something for you!

Red

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

That would be too cool!!
    A hobo is kind of a rounded soft shapeless bag but I will rustle up some photos for you and some measurements. I'll PM those over to you and you can let me know what I'll owe you for yarn and labor. I really didn't expect you to say yes, but it's so nice that you did! Thank you!! I don't knit but I'm crafty and I might be able to whip up a little something for you!

Red
    Aww, you don't have to give me anything or pay me anything. I would be happy to do it for free.

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Wow! That is so generous of you Delilah, but I couldn't do that. I appreciate it a bunch, but no, I would insist on buying a purse from you. Absolutely. I'm just thrilled that you would make time to knit one for me. I think that's especially nice.

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Wow! That is so generous of you Delilah, but I couldn't do that. I appreciate it a bunch, but no, I would insist on buying a purse from you. Absolutely. I'm just thrilled that you would make time to knit one for me. I think that's especially nice.
    I am thrilled that you would ask me to! I didn't think I was that good at it or anything. It would be an honor to make it for you! I don't really go from a pattern though. I have just been making things up as I go along. So if I see a picture of what kind of thing you are thinking about, I can probably try to sort out the how-to in my head.

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Very very nice pieces. I have knitted I dont really have the time for it. I made a beautiful scarf a couple of winters ago. Years ago I chrocheds both my sons their christening coats. It is possible to find chrochet patterns with tight stitches that look like knitting. I dont like patterns with big loose holes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast