Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jesus (PUM) in Islam

Senior Member freethinkingthuthseeker's Avatar
    Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time
    09:55 AM

Re: Jesus (PUM) in Islam

Jesus is the only Begotton son of God. He is referred to many times in the old testement in psalms, ezekiel Ishiah Genesis and more.
    He directly also stated that anyone who asks his Father through his name anything will be granted this unless it is an unclean request obviously.

I do wondewr why Mohammed is the only prophet who needed 23 years of "revelations" to have his message when every other prohet was given deeper messages in a few visions within 1 month?

I also wonder why the Quaran is so incredibly repetitive, why it came 600 years after Christ and after the Book of revelations which ends the Bible? The Bible is complete without any additional information needed.

Finally I would love to know ( after having read the quran) what new Wisdom is within the Quaran which was not already in the Bible? When I say "wisdom" I do not mean knowledge such as scientific facts but real wisom as is found abundantly in the Bible. There is science in the Bible too but that is for another topic.

I eagerly lookforward to responses on all these points in peace and blessings

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time
    03:55 AM

İn İslam Jesus is a prophet not son of God and he didnt killed.Jesus will come an kill the deccal or help to Mehdi to kill deccal
    [Link removed by Moderator]

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time
    12:55 PM

Quote Originally Posted by efidancim View Post
    İn İslam Jesus is a prophet not son of God and he didnt killed.Jesus will come an kill the deccal or help to Mehdi to kill deccal
    Has Jesus much experience of killing, or is he just going to pick it up as he goes along? I can't think of any occasions where he's killed anybody in the last 2000 years.
    Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time
    11:55 AM

Jesus is the only Begotton son of God. He is referred to many times in the old testement in psalms, ezekiel Ishiah Genesis and more.
    He directly also stated that anyone who asks his Father through his name anything will be granted this unless it is an unclean request obviously.
    Really? Do you believe that or are you a unitarian

freethinkingthuthseeker
    I also wonder why the Quaran is so incredibly repetitive, why it came 600 years after Christ and after the Book of revelations which ends the Bible? The Bible is complete without any additional information needed.
    What version of the bible are you talking about? The christian bible is a carefully edited book, edited tio make sure only the "right" message was put out. Many gospels were deliberately destroyed also it wasn't written in english so what you read is the result also of the varous interpretations put on the translationj by translaters who were looking over their shoulders in case they annoyed the church authorities. That's not some com=nspiracvy theory you can look up the dates of the various congresses that set out what the message was to be and what was heresy. The shia/sunni dispuite is very similar to the catholic protestant one - do you find your way to god yourself or do you follow what the priests tell you. control access to god and you control whole populations, ubtil they start to quetion you that is.

As to the koran it's fairly obvious where the inspiration came from - it's no surprise chunks of it are like the bible.

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

As I understand it, even the 4 Gospels are telling exactly the same story. That seems fairly repetative to me.

Besides, the Qu'ran is actually a different version of the Old Testament, with variances on the names (probably more accurate ones) of the characters within (eg 'David' is 'Dawood', 'Abraham' is 'Ebrahim', etc). The names we know are mainly the Westernised versions which have changed over time. Islam, on the other hand doesn't change over time, hence the reason their culture is still living in the Middle Ages.

I am totally Anti-Religious, as I see it to be the root of all wars & related atrocities in its name, but I do recognise the existance of Jesus, and that far from being any sort of a deity, he was a free thinking radical with a mind of his own, rather than adhering to the dogma of the current culture. It was his followers who went on to cast him as some sort of 'God' figure, making up stories with no validity to support their case - such as providing a verbatim documentation of him out in the desert, chatting to Satan. The question has to be asked, who was there to take notes of what was said?

These name stories thrive in all religious texts. As with all stories, they need to get embellished on each time they're told, otherwise they become stale & lose interest. Such are the roots of Religion. No doubt one day Ghandi will be worshiped in future scriptures as being another Son of God (if he isn't so already).

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

posted by four part
    As I understand it, even the 4 Gospels are telling exactly the same story. That seems fairly repetative to me.
    As you understand it? Read them for yourself and find out.

Of course they are similar if they didn't till the story in line with the accepted version they would have been kicked out. They were also written well after the events and not by the apostles themseleves.

but I do recognise the existance of Jesus, and that far from being any sort of a deity,
    tsk tsk such herey. Not so very long ago that statemnt if said out loud in public would have had you facing a charge of heresy even now in some places you would get a good kicking. Other than the bible there is very little historical evidence to back up the existence of jesus

These name stories thrive in all religious texts. As with all stories, they need to get embellished on each time they're told, otherwise they become stale & lose interest. Such are the roots of Religion. No doubt one day Ghandi will be worshiped in future scriptures as being another Son of God (if he isn't so already).
    No he isn't and isn't likely to be unless some powerful like figure like say an emperor can find a use for doing so. Sadly his dream of religious pluralism failed on the intransigence of monotheism which cannot accept the right of people to believe as they choose. You will never have freedom where religion rules.

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

tsk tsk such herey. Not so very long ago that statemnt if said out loud in public would have had you facing a charge of heresy even now in some places you would get a good kicking. Other than the bible there is very little historical evidence to back up the existence of jesus
    A perfect example of the hypocrisy of Religion. It teaches Peace & Love & tries to enforce it through Violence & Hatred.

As for the existence of Jesus, although not 100%, it is pretty certain, as Romans were very good at keeping records, and his crucifixion was recorded, if nothing else. Furthermore, he never claimed to be the Son of God. At the most he claimed "We are ALL the children of God".

I have no problem at all with his ethics as a man, and the tenets he taught, but once it goes into the world of fantasy & fairies, that's a different matter.

No he isn't and isn't likely to be unless some powerful like figure like say an emperor can find a use for doing so. Sadly his dream of religious pluralism failed on the intransigence of monotheism which cannot accept the right of people to believe as they choose. You will never have freedom where religion rules.
    As I said, it wasn't him who claimed to be the son of God - nor was it an Emperor, or any other Political Leader, but his fanatical followers. With enough of those shouting loud enough, the belief spirals in just the same way as modern Urban Myths - many of which are so plausible that they are taken to be fact - then they progressively get embellished further, little by little, until they become so bizarre that they are preposterous, yet because they've been going so long they continue to be accepted as truth.

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

four part
    As I said, it wasn't him who claimed to be the son of God - nor was it an Emperor, or any other Political Leader, but his fanatical followers. With enough of those shouting loud enough, the belief spirals in just the same way as modern Urban Myths - many of which are so plausible that they are taken to be fact - then they progressively get embellished further, little by little, until they become so bizarre that they are preposterous, yet because they've been going so long they continue to be accepted as truth.
    Actually his fanatical followers killed each other over that very issue - whether you have the father son and holy ghost three seperately subsisting individuals as first incorporatd in the nicene creed (congress of nicea convened by emperor constntine who had realised the value of controlling religious beliefs) or whether they are actually all one. The nicene creed w the one that if you didn't accept it made you a heretic and fait gam for the catholic church. Hundreds of thousands if not millions died in the fighting over the issue, the holocaust was not the first mass murder in the nam of religion. The thing is if the bible or the koran is then only book you read and acept all that is in it as truth not only will you be incredibly ignorant and incapable of thinking for yourself you will go insane trying to work out the meaning behind the contradictions and end up wantkng to slaughter dissenters rather than make up your own mind.

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time
    04:55 AM

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    The thing is if the bible or the koran is then only book you read and acept all that is in it as truth not only will you be incredibly ignorant and incapable of thinking for yourself you will go insane trying to work out the meaning behind the contradictions
    Hello? Pahu? Are you listening to this?

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_ View Post
    Hello? Pahu? Are you listening to this?
    lol - Don't tempt fate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast