Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesus (PUM) in Islam

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    05:42 AM

Jesus (PUM) in Islam

Salaam for all

Many people may be surprised that Muslims love Mary, the mother of Jesus. In the Qur'aan, no woman is given more attention than Mary. Mary receives the most attention of any woman mentioned in the Quran even though all the Prophets with the exception of Adam had mothers. Of the Quran's 114 chapters, she is among the eight people who have a chapter named after them. The nineteenth chapter of the Quran is named after her, Mariam. Mariam means Mary in Arabic. The third chapter in the Quran is named after her father, Imran. Chapters Mariam and Imran are among the most beautiful chapters in the Quran.

Mary (peace be upon her) is the only woman specifically named in the Quran. the daughter of Imran and Asia, the wife of Pharaoh." (Bukhari 4.643). Indeed, both Mary and Pharoah's wife are an example (Quran 66:11-12). The Virgin Mary plays a very significant role in Islam. She is an example and a sign for all people.

In the Quran, Mary's story begins while she is still in her mother's womb. The mother of Mary, said: "O my Lord! I do dedicate into Thee what is in my womb for Thy special service: So accept this of me: For Thou hearest and knowest all things." (Quran 3:35).

She wanted the baby in her womb to serve only the Creator. When Mary was delivered, she said: "O my Lord! Behold! I am delivered of a female child!" (Quran 3:36). She had expected her baby to be a male child who would grow up to be a scholar or religious leader. However, God had a better plan. God is the best of planners. Quran 3:36 continues "…and God knew best what she brought forth- 'And no wise is the male like the female. I have named her Mariam, and I commend her and her offspring to Thy protection from Satan, the Rejected.'" Mariam literally means "maidservant of God."

In Quran 3:37, God states that He accepted Mary as her mother had asked. He made Mary grow in purity and beauty. She was assigned to the care of a priest named Zacharias. This is interesting considering few women were given this opportunity.

"Every time that he entered (her) chamber to see her, he found her supplied with sustenance. He said: 'O Mary! Whence (comes) this to you?' She said: 'From God. for God provides sustenance to whom He pleases without measure.'" (Quran 3:37).
    Upon hearing Mary's answer, "There did Zakariya pray to his Lord, saying: 'O my Lord! Grant unto me from Thee a progeny that is pure: for Thou art He that heareth prayer!'" (Quran 3:38).
    Although his wife was barren and he was very old, God blesses Zacharias and his wife Elizabeth with John. John is known as "John the Baptist" in the Bible. Zacharias was skeptical after the angels announced John's birth. The response to his skepticism was "Doth God accomplish what He willeth" (Quran 3:40). John would become a noble and chaste Prophet as the angels had stated .

The Quran discusses Mary's miraculous conception as well. "Relate in the Book (the story of) Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place in the East. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent her Our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects." (Quran 19:16-17). After seeing the angel, she said: "I seek refuge from thee to (God) Most Gracious: (come not near) if thou dost fear God." (Quran 19:18).
    The angel Gabriel responded: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a pure son." (Quran 19:19). Her next response is expected. She asked: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?" (Quran 19:20). The Angel Gabriel said: "So (it will be): thy Lord saith, 'That is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us.' It is a matter (so) decreed." (Quran 19:21). Mary then becomes pregnant.

'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God's leave. And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I bring the dead into life, by God's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe. (I have come to you) to attest the Torah which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (before) forbidden to you. I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear God, and obey me. It is God Who is my Lord and your Lord; then worship Him. This is a Way that is straight.'" (Quran 3:48-51).

"When Jesus found unbelief on their (the disciples) part he said: 'Who will be my helpers to (the work of) God?" Said the disciples: "We are God's helpers: We believe in God, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims.'" (Quran 3:52).

After conceiving Jesus, Mary went away with the baby to a distant place (Quran 19:22). "And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm-tree. She cried (in her anguish): 'Ah! would that I had died before this! would that I had been a thing forgotten!'" (Quran 19:23). "But (a voice) cried to her from beneath the (palm-tree): 'Grieve not! for thy Lord hath provided a rivulet beneath thee; And shake towards thyself the trunk of the palm-tree: It will let fall fresh ripe dates upon thee. So eat and drink and cool (thine) eye. And if thou dost see any man, say, 'I have vowed a fast to (God) Most Gracious, and this day will I enter into no talk with any human being.'" (Quran 19:24-26).

Joseph, the magi, and manger are not mentioned in the Quran. God was Mary's only Provider. Muslims do not accept the virgin birth of Jesus as evidence of Jesus' divinity. "The similitude of Jesus before God is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: 'Be.' And he was." (Quran 3:59). Adam's creation was even more miraculous because he was born without father and mother. When she brings the baby to her people, they said: "O Mary! truly a strange thing has thou brought! O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!" (Quran 19:27-8). Mary then points to the baby. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?" (Quran 19:29). Then a miracle occurs that is not mentioned in the Bible. In defense of his mother, Jesus said: "I am indeed a servant of God. He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet; And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live; (He hath made me) kind to my mother, and not overbearing or unblest; So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)!" (Quran 19:30-33).

The virgin birth of Jesus was a sign. "And (remember) her who guarded her chastity: We breathed into her of Our spirit, and We made her and her son a sign for all peoples." (Quran 21:91). All previous Prophets confirmed the oneness of God, Tawheed.

Whereas the Holy Trinity is the fundamental concept of God in Christianity, Tawheed is the fundamental concept of God in Islam. God exists independent of religion. Muslims do not believe in the concept of Holy Trinity .

On the Day of Judgment, when Jesus is asked if he had called people to worship him and his mother as two gods, Jesus will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, Thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden." (Quran 5:116).

People should not worship any of God's creation, including Jesus and Mary. We must not assign any of God's creation His divine attributes and characteristics. "Behold! the angels said: 'O Mary! God hath chosen thee and purified thee - chosen thee above the women of all nations. O Mary! worship thy Lord devoutly: Prostrate thyself, and bow down (in prayer) with those who bow down.'" (Quran 3:42)

Thanks to all

All Human Life Is Here... capt_buzzard's Avatar
    Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    01:42 PM

Re: Jesus (PUM) in Islam

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by capt_buzzard
    Salaam
    what do you mean ?
    what do you want us to know?
    Please explain................................
    "Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance". Holy Qur'an 16:125

anomaly
    Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

Thank you for the well told story. I wondered how Islam felt about Jesus. If Mary is the only woman featured in the Koran what roles if any do women hold throughout the rest of the Koran. I thought the prophet's wife was intregal in his process of receiving the Koran in the cave. Can you not think of any other important roles women might have played in the stories?

Not sure how the captain's link is related either but do find it funny how modern "prophets" scramble after a disaster to show how they had already predicted it.

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

How can Allah so Loving & Merciful allow terrorists teach and train boyss and girls as young as 9 years of age to kill,bomb men,women and children. And you call ISLAM, a loving and peaceful religion?

anomaly
    Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by capt_buzzard
    How can Allah so Loving & Merciful allow terrorists teach and train boyss and girls as young as 9 years of age to kill,bomb men,women and children. And you call ISLAM, a loving and peaceful religion?
    You have an avatar from The Lord of the Rings. If you have seen the film you might recall the scene where the humans were defending against the armies of Mordor. Every young boy was given a sword and any armor that would fit them. Why? Because they were so badly outnumbered by their attackers. Was this a horrible thing in the film? Yes, horrible that they had to send their children to war...but considered necessary. What say you now?

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    04:42 AM

Quote Originally Posted by friend
    Salaam
    what do you mean ?
    what do you want us to know?
    Please explain................................
    Without Mary & God, there would be no religion? I was taught of them and thats who they are for me? Very interesting, but in biblical times this was common langauge? am i on the right track?

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

Angry Re: Jesus (PUM) in Islam

ISLAM & Roman Catholism are the two greatest Evils in the world

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    04:42 AM

Islam Online.net. It's all there. I would never want to be a woman in Iraq * Oh My God. They can have it. I hope God is helping them there they believe in him so much, have they blamed him for the war, i wonder?

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Do the Mormans (Church of Jesus Christ & Latter Day Saints) still have one or three wives in tow?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast