Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Astrology

Pinky

Chinese Astrology

I thought I'd post this after Red asked how she could find out what she is in Chinese Astrology. It was Chinese new year yesterday, so here's a link for anyone that's curious!

http://chinese.astrology.com/

Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    06:01 PM

Re: Chinese Astrology

Thanks pinky im a pig as you know

Contrary to its rather negative reputation in the West, the Pig of Chinese Astrology may be the most generous and honorable Sign of the Zodiac. Pigs are nice to a fault and possess impeccable manners and taste. They have so much of the perfectionist in them that others may be inclined to perceive them as snobs, but this is a misconception. Pigs are simply possessed of a truly luxurious nature, one that delights in finery and riches (in surroundings, food, lovemaking and otherwise). This Sign believes in the best qualities of mankind and certainly doesn't consider itself to be superior. Pigs also care a great deal about friends and family and work hard to keep everyone in their life happy. Helping others is a true pleasure for the Pig, who feels best when everyone else is smiling.

A Pig with no one around to appreciate its giving nature is a sad sight. Pigs are so magnanimous they can appear almost saintly; this can lead some less-than-well-intentioned souls to stomp all over this Sign, and the bad news is, the Pig will take the blows! Pigs make great companions in part because of their refusal to see the more negative or base qualities in a partner, but that rose-colored view can lead to this Sign's allowing itself to be taken advantage of. Contrary to their seemingly benign dispositions, however, Pigs can be quite venomous in response to being crossed by a lover, friend or business partner.

Pigs are highly intelligent creatures, forever studying, playing and probing in their quest for greater knowledge. They can be misinterpreted as being lazy, however, due to their love of reveling in the good stuff; this Sign could happily spend hours on end making love, napping, taking a long bubble bath or dallying over an incredible spread of rich foods. Pigs tend to make wonderful life partners due to their hearts of gold and their love of family. Even so, Pigs can be rather exclusive, choosing to spend time with those who will appreciate them most and ignore the rest of the populace. Pigs would do well to realize that there's more to life than being needed. When they open up their world to a diverse group of people, they will truly bloom.

The most compatible match for a Pig is the Rabbit or the Sheep.

This explains the snorting....
    now where's my rabbit or sheep

Pinky

Wabbits!!!

Timid and attractive, the Rabbits of the Chinese Zodiac tend to act more like bunnies, whether they like it or not! This Sign is extremely popular and has a wide circle of family and friends. Its compassionate nature leads it to be very protective of those it holds dear, but where romance is concerned, the Rabbit's sentimentality can lead it to idealize relationships. The sweet, sensitive Rabbit often ends up giving more of itself to a partner than is realistic or healthy. The good news is, when this Sign goes off-balance, the Rabbit's core group of friends and its stable home life help bring it back to center.

The Rabbit is a rather delicate Sign that needs a solid base in order to thrive. Lacking close, supportive friends and family, the Rabbit might just break down in tears at the first sign of conflict. Emotional upsets in this Sign's life can even lead to physical illnesses. Rabbits dislike arguments and other conflict and will try anything to avoid a fight; this results in something of a pushover nature. Rabbits can also lapse into pessimism and may seem stuck in life -- often to mask their insecure natures. Rabbits tend to move through life's lessons at their own, rather contemplative pace; it's a waste of time to become exasperated with this Sign's seeming disinterest in facing its problems and conquering them.

With the right partner -- meaning someone whose high principles won't allow it to take advantage of this sensitive, giving Sign -- the Rabbit can make an incredibly loving and protective partner or family member. Rabbits love to entertain at home and always make sure their house is comfortable and tastefully-furnished. What Rabbits need most is a stronger sense of self-worth and the security that comes with it. Their discerning natures, coupled with some hard-won assertiveness, will help these happy creatures go far.

The most compatible match for a Rabbit is the Sheep or the Pig.

Timid??? Me??? *cackle*

Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    08:01 PM

Tigers may not be the king of the jungle, but these striped cats are no softies!
    Magnetic and self-possessed, Tigers are born leaders. They have an air of
    authority that prompts others to fall in line, which is exactly how they like it.
    Although they are magnetically charming and fun to be around, Tigers like to go it
    alone sometimes too. A Tiger's main interest is in following its ambitions -- and
    maintaining control.

Tigers are courageous beyond compare and generally come out ahead in battle,
    be it in the boardroom or the bedroom. Seduction is one area where the Tiger is
    definitely king! Noble and warm-hearted, Tigers have a natural, raw appeal that's
    extremely attractive to other Signs. They're not just about attraction, though; ever
    on the side of right, Tigers will fight the good fight to the bitter end if the cause is
    worthy. Opponents are wise to fear this feline.

A bit of caution is a good thing around Tigers, since they can pounce without
    warning. They experience mood swings and often feel things more intensely
    than others, the latter quality being both good and bad. They can react poorly
    under stress and are prone to emotional outbursts. This Sign's bristling
    sensitivity can send friend and foe running for cover.

A lesson that Tigers would be well-served to learn is moderation in all things.
    Once these cats can find their center and direct their considerable energies
    toward worthwhile endeavors (as opposed to racing through life), they will
    accomplish much.

The most compatible match for a Tiger is the Horse or the Dog.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't really see a lot of my self in this.
    The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.

Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time

funny thing is df is a rabbit, so were well matched but that description isnt him at all except the part about hating to argue and doing anything to avoid it, thats him definatley!
    i hate arguing to but sometimes you just need a good old slanging match to clear the air dont you?

Is it an accurate description of you pinky?

Pinky

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    funny thing is df is a rabbit, so were well matched but that description isnt him at all except the part about hating to argue and doing anything to avoid it, thats him definatley!
    i hate arguing to but sometimes you just need a good old slanging match to clear the air dont you?

Is it an accurate description of you pinky?
    Some bits are quite accurate, but the bit about avoiding conflict is quite strange, because I won't deliberately start conflict, but when pushed I can really throw a total wobbly and let people know exactly what's what. It's normally on behalf of others rather than myself, but it gets me in bother sometimes because I never know when to shut up! I really have to be pushed to get like that though.

Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
    Some bits are quite accurate, but the bit about avoiding conflict is quite strange, because I won't deliberately start conflict, but when pushed I can really throw a total wobbly and let people know exactly what's what. It's normally on behalf of others rather than myself, but it gets me in bother sometimes because I never know when to shut up! I really have to be pushed to get like that though.
    thats a good quality though i think, my mate said i was like that the other day...well her actual words were 'god your like a yorkshire terrier sometimes' all of a sudden ull start yapping away lol...i need a muzzle apparently pffftt nice eh

Local Date
    12-16-2019
    Local Time
    02:01 AM

I don't get it....I did one of these yesterday, and it said I was a Monkey...Just done this and it says I'm a Sheep...So which is it? Am I some mixed up Monkey-Sheep person?.........A Meep?......A Shonkey?.......All Chinese to me!

Pinky

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    I don't get it....I did one of these yesterday, and it said I was a Monkey...Just done this and it says I'm a Sheep...So which is it? Am I some mixed up Monkey-Sheep person?.........A Meep?......A Shonkey?.......All Chinese to me!

I dunno mate, sorry!!! Shonkey...LMAO!!!

Local Date
    12-16-2019
    Local Time
    03:01 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    All I can say is that I am indeed a happy pig, and proud of it. OINK!
    "We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast