Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Massage therapy vs. Chiropractic

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    08:15 AM

Re: Massage therapy vs. Chiropractic

Hi.

I dont know much about chiropractice, do they 'click' you back into place?
    But massage therapy, though it couldnt treat the condition. As a regular treatment it would complement other treatments and aid your general well being holistically. Most therapists have a slightly different touch, so its important to let your therapist know if you feel you'd like more or less pressure applied, or more or less of certain movements. And when you find a therapist who you work well with, stick to that person.
    If you swim, it is the best exercise for sciatica, particularly the breaststroke leg movement

xxx

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    09:15 PM

Massage Therapy and Chiropractic serve two different purposes. Massage involves tissue only whereas chiropractic involves manipulation of bones and joints. I have massage twice a month which is called Shiatsu and is very relaxing and I have it done after sports activity. Last time I visited a Chiropractor it was for a displaced vertebrae that needed to be put back. Training for Chiropractor is much longer and requires a doctorate DC, certification for Massage Therapy can be done in less than a year.

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    04:15 AM

I've never been to any of them but I don't know which one will solve my problem I need help I have really bad pain on my left side on my back like on my shoulder blade every time I move my head, hurts or when I tried to lift my left arm hurts too I think is a muscle but I'm not sure please help...

I think, therefore I post chonsigirl's Avatar
    Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    03:15 AM

You should see an MD first for pertinent medical advice on this, and what course of action would benefit you the most.

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    01:15 AM

Quote Originally Posted by verod2000 View Post
    I've never been to any of them but I don't know which one will solve my problem I need help I have really bad pain on my left side on my back like on my shoulder blade every time I move my head, hurts or when I tried to lift my left arm hurts too I think is a muscle but I'm not sure please help...
    That sounds like a knotted muscle.
    But as Chonsigirl said, see a Doc, first.

As for OP question. My lower back pain and sciatica are helped a lot by using an inversion table.
    It has saved me thousands of dollars in Chiro and Med bills.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    04:15 AM

Thanks guys I'll go and see my doctor first and then will see...

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    12:15 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    You did sure have tried a lot of treatments and therapies. For chiropractors, yes there are a lot that are good and also there are a lot that is not. That is why before you have your session with a chiropractor, you should do some digging on the background of the chiropractor.

Also the therapies that you have mentioned were all good therapies for our body and that it is a natural therapy. It just depends on how our body will react to it.

Quote Originally Posted by koan View Post
    As a sciatica and chronic lower back pain sufferer, I have tried a number of therapies and have had failures and successes in all. Chiropractic was a regular part of my health care until I was pregnant and learned how to adjust myself. I still go if things get really bad but find I can relieve a lot of minor problems before they grow. Some chiropractors are brilliant and some probably shouldn't have graduated. I've also tried massage therapy to relax the muscles and let the spine heal itself. This works as well but then sometimes it just doesn't do enough.

I've tried accupuncture, yoga, and shiatsu but I think the best thing is EXCERCISE. "Just walk it off" isn't such bad advice. Once you can walk again, that is.

What other therapies are there? What works for you?
    [link removed by moderator]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3