Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: Do you believe in reincarnation?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely believe

4 16.67%
  • Absolutely do not believe

8 33.33%
  • Undecided

10 41.67%
  • I don't care either way

2 8.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Reincarnation??

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    01:11 AM

Reincarnation??

What do you think/believe about reincarnation? Explain.

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    12:11 AM

Re: Reincarnation??

I am not sure if i believe in reincarnation or not..but i do believe in recognizing like souls...i have met people and we have became life long friends..as though we have always known eachother...

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    06:11 PM

Since I am on my 12th go around, of course I believe. I'm getting better with each new person I become.

magenta flame

reincarnation no, resurrection yes. almost the same I guess.

Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time
    10:11 PM

Not really. I accept life after life and other realms but I can't really get behind reincarnation.

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    02:41 PM

Quote Originally Posted by laneybug View Post
    Re-incarnation is a process that, depending on your level of consciousness, may be used as a means of transport throughout time/space/???. I certainly do not believe that it can be used as a punishment or a reward, it merely offers a developed consciousness a means of broadening it's experience of the universe. Perhaps a less developed consciousness may find itself directed to forms which will benefit its progression.

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    06:11 AM

I never quite grasped what this "me" is which is supposed to come back. I'm my memories and my way of thinking. My way of thinking is laid down in my neural pathways and it can't be replicated. My memories are stored away physically as well. I'm tied to this wetware I walk around in.

It seems reasonable to me that the physical body has all the functions needed to generate and support my psyche. Introducing a word like "soul" is an add-on which adds no further functionality to that physical substrate. If there's anything beyond my memory and way of thinking, it isn't me. Does it carry my way of thinking when the wetware which implements that way of thinking no longer exists? That would be not merely redundant duplication but a huge coincidence as well, and the same goes for my memories.

Does a rat have the same duality? Is there a reincarnation of rats as well? Are souls not merely trans-migratory but trans-species too? What part of my makeup is meant to be influenced by a past life as a rat, for goodness' sake. Anything that amorphous isn't me whether it exists or not. I'm what I recall and how I make decisions and none of that is going to be much use to a rat if that's what this superfluous add-on comes back as next time.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    06:11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by laneybug View Post
    Every bit as believable as the belief that we all go to heaven so long as we follow the correct version of a particular religion.

posted by spot
    Does a rat have the same duality? Is there a reincarnation of rats as well? Are souls not merely trans-migratory but trans-species too? What part of my makeup is meant to be influenced by a past life as a rat, for goodness' sake. Anything that amorphous isn't me whether it exists or not. I'm what I recall and how I make decisions and none of that is going to be much use to a rat if that's what this superfluous add-on comes back as next time.
    Do women have souls? After all if they came from Adams rib is it likely they have a soul? Such questions puzzled Christian scholars for many years and they came to the conclusion at one point that they did not. Do children not yet self aware have one? If children unbaptised go to hell does a foetus have a soul and if not why is abortion so wrong?

Soberano

Bloody well hope not.

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    01:11 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Depends on how do you define it..I believe that the world we think we live in (time and space) unrolled in an instant (like a big carpet) and is now over. Our minds exist outide of this world of time and space and "view" our so called lives" like watching a DVD..So when the mind chooses to "play" another DVD it is in a sense reincarnated, but has merely picked another spot on the carpet of time to focus in on. Time and space are the same and are not discrete or sequential (and in fact do not really exist). The million dollar question is why does the mind(s) choose to do this?
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast