+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mink's Moments

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time
    09:50 PM

Mink's Moments

Wow I was just reading some way back posts of mine (2005) egads it's always interesting to see how our lives change.
    I can say for the most part mine continues to improve (thankfully).
    I am a sentimental old sap that is for certain, I was reading about the day I send my oldest daughter out of my house for good. Ouch it still hurts to think I had to send her to the streets. Blessed is the healing power of time I could not ask for much better now when I look at the lovely woman she has become.
    Sigh.
    I am at a crossroads at this point and time, I have the desire for calm waters yet my life is a continued wash of ebbs and flows that I wish would settle. Consistent Chaos. <--- that is so me.

Ok there was a point here and that was not really the build up going towards it. Typical mind travel when it comes to me getting anything out of the grey matter.

..,.='^*^'=.,.._..,.='^*^'=.,.._..,.='^*^'=.,.._.. ,.='^*^'=.,.._..,.='^*^'=.,.._

My children went to their grandmothers place on the weekend with their father. It was a complete family gathering the first one in 4 years.... can you believe my youngest daughter was seeing her cousins, and a couple aunties for the first time in 4 years. Yes sad indeed, that is how much effort my ex-husband has put into family matters of late. I was out that evening with a mate and I got a call on my cell phone it was my oldest daughter being silly then nothing, then a whoop of laughter then this voice came on with a very soft spoken "hello" I nearly burst into tears, it was my lovely lovely ex sister in law. Her and I have finally made arrangements to get together this wednesday, yes she has tried to contact me over the past few months and yes I miss her and some of the other members of that family dearly. My daughters were saying a few of them were in tears as Jr Minks spoke of me during their time together. Jr Minks told me she knew it was unsettling to her dad and step mother to speak of me but she said she just didn't care, she said "my mother is alive and should not be treated as if she was dead" I was in tears as Jr Minks told me all this.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

Re: Mink's Moments

I should post daily thoughts but meh, I prefer a babblefest.

Update on the extended family, my visit to the ex sis in laws was glorious. I enjoyed seeing my ex brother in law, and my neice and nephew they all look great, but the best was to sit and yack with my sis in law, screw the ex moniker, she will always be my sis in law Wow my ex husband did more than damage our family he darn near tore hers apart too. I was informed he was spreading all kinds of nasty ugliness around about me. Interesting considering just this past January, and April he has sent me a handful of emails asking my forgiveness. Well what ever life goes on. I have been missed by many members of his family and have been told if ever I want to come to any family function where the ex husband and ex MIL are not in attendance I am more than welcome to join That was touching.

Oh the drama never ends.

I have been into the aminal hospital 2 times in the last 2 weeks, my poor pooch has taken ill. Round 1, he ate something nasty that made him ill, round 2 yesterday we were back as he is having violent coughing fits... it appears that my trusty little companion has an allergic reaction to the pollen in the air. Oh he is barking like a seal his cough is so bad. He is on meds yet again... My poor sweetie.

I had a rough day last week after a row with my oldest daughter. Not to fun, but by sunday we were back speaking again. No details due to wanting to preserve her reputation (barely)

I learned white is not a very cool color of jacket to wear when you go riding with a bunch of hardcore bikers Hmmmmm I do not subscribe to the black jacket credo when the temps soar over 30C and my friend made it perfectly clear to me that I "stand out" ahahahaha Me thinks I embarassed him hehehehe He kept asking if I had a different color jacket to wear. Beyond that I spent all saturday on the back of a motorbike as we toured the country side and ended up at a small town (big event) car show. A really great day. Met a bunch of nice people along the way.
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

My nice bright light slowly is dying to a flicker, all that was shiney is looking rather tarnished.
    I can see why people become hermits, the more people you involve in your life the more "things" you have to deal with.

My pooch and my daughter are both battling the same allergy, now that is sad but also funny. I took Jr Minks to the clinic last nite, the Dr took one look at her rash and said Oh that is a pollen allergy. Gave her a steriod cream and told her to take allergy meds. Poor girl is pink and bumpy all over.

While in the clinic waiting her father sent me a text that he got a letter in the mail and sent me email about it. I messaged him back I was not home but in the clinic with the child would read it later. I got around to reading said email late last nite, it was about his failure to produce final information and documentation for one last thing in this divorce and because he failed to do so, it goes to court and the cost is all his. He is angry and is refusing cooperation. I frankly do not care, it's in the hands of the lawyer again. His loss, the kicker is he gets all bent about this kind of **** yet never did he ask about his daughter and why she was seeing a doctor. I am sick of this man, sick sick sick of him.

Without detail my love life sucks, and I don't know what I want well I do know what I want but I don't seem to be finding it. I do not want to resign myself to settling for less again, and sadly I am only finding bits and pieces out there. I want the whole package and wow I never in a million years would have thought I had set my standards so high.

This job is really really sucking I have set my limit to December but things sure have changed and I know it's sucking the life from me. We all used to love coming here the future was so bright and now it's just a grey cloud a freaking obligation I hate a job that feels like a chore.

Ok I think I should quit now and go read other threads they will make me smile. I think I am just being a grumpy old woman today. There surely will be something good come of something eventually.
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

It is crazy how easy it is to bitch and moan about the negative. Seems to come so easily to me. Well I have to say it isn't always reflective of my mood, seems once I get it out onto "paper" I can get past it easily but then I fail to write the good postive thoughts.
    Well the battle with the ex still goes on, he is refusing to comply to lawyers requests so off my lawyer goes to court ... at his expense ahahahaha the guy thinks he is exempt from the law. Informs me he can't make the set date to meet with the lawyer because of "work" Ok here is where I think he is pathetic. He never has to miss work to ...take his daughter(s) to dentist, doctor or school appointments... I do. He never has to spend time on the phone with either child in crisis during the work day... I do. He actually contributes squat to those kids ... because in his warped little mind... he seems above it all. Well lawdeedawwdeedawww. That is life, I am not bitter I actually laugh at his stupidity. He is a complete failure and I am glad he is not mine. I guess the worst of it all is, he failed his daughters horribly

Ok I vowed for every negative I would write at least on positive

My boss will no longer be referred to my boss, yes we still work together but we have become over time friends outside of work and it's been a lot of fun. She and I are so alike and laugh over so much we are into friends She asked me for a ride last nite which was not a problem for me, but she felt obligated to pay me back so asked me to stay for dinner... We had dinner and a few beers watched a flick and just had an all round great time Tomorrow we go to the Beerfest here in town.... yep she loves beer as much as I do. We shall take cabs, and we shall enjoy ourselves. We are both looking forward to this. I spose when you work together and become friends the bitching and moaning means more so the escapes and rewards together are far more rewarding ahahahaha Maybe we are both in trouble cultivating this friendship HAH!
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

I think my family wants to disown me Ah well I knew I never would measure up to what they expected. I don't care. I am not giving into their ways. I will never be them and I will likely never have their approval. Life goes on. I asked one small favor of them all and one side responded sure ok, but you better ask permission from the others and I phoned and phoned and nothing so screw that. I don't need their help. They just better not throw it in my face or Jr Mink's again, that "oh yes you can borrow "that" any time you want" line. Argh!!!!
    Fathers Day, yep seems "they" are all getting together and going out. Bloody nice to ask if I wanna join in... yet again. Guess my dad will have to suffice with a card only and personally I give up giving a rip.
    Meh I remind me again, stop with the negativeness!!

I sit here at work today in a pair of jeans that have big flower patch's on the front. Very hippy chick looking and I love em. Everytime I wear them I lament on the fact I do NOT dress my age, again I ain't giving in to what is appropriate and what is not for someone my age. Gawd age huh.... makes me shake my head. I have tried that dating scene and wow men my age... OLD ahahaha I decided I am going to look for someone half my age ahahahaha not.
    I am off for the weekend with my mate. I am glad to be going
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

Well for a weekend of lousy weather we had a good time. We drove over 2000 km. From Calgary down and around Montana. We wanted to come home through Glacier National Park cause T had never been there but sadly we could not make the trip through the park as the road was closed at some point I suspect another mud slide as the rain was near torrential. Yep we are back up to flooding again in this city. I think my feet are becoming webbed. Our trip had no purpose of direction, we had a couple map books a handful of snacks and the desire to just drive. First nite we didn't make it too far, after 3 hours we had to stop, dusk through the mountains is dicey even for a veteran trucker. Too much wildlife on the road and in the ditches, some alive some struck down already as the sun was slowly setting. I managed to catch a glimpse at a female moose and a baby, they looked so odd drenched by the rain. Instead of being coursely furred and dusky brown they were sleeked and almost black, I almost didn't recognise them. We pulled into the lovely ski town or Fernie BC. In the heart of the mountains. Grabbed a late dinner and a few beers at the pub then bought our own beers and sat in our hotel room and drank and talked and drank till we fell asleep. We didn't rush out of Fernie Saturday, we took our time, we had a minor incident (not a big surprise I was warned something was bound to happen when crossing the border with T, but for his preservation I shan't elaborate) at the Canada/US customs. It could have been a disaster for me if T had not caught the blip. The customs guy was good about his mistake all the time assuring T when he asked that this was not going to cause me any grief and me records would be restored to their pristine state hehehehe Well the further south we got the better the weather was and the more enticing it was to just keep driving. Like I stated to somebody already this eve, it's a good thing I still have one child left at home and am forced to return after my brief "get aways" We spent a good part of the day driving in the sun and admiring the glorious Montana landscape. Truly a rich and glorious site this fair state is. Crazy how close it is to us, yet the terrain is so different and breath taking, perhaps it's just because we are so used to what we see around us all the time that ours no longer seems spectacular. I will post a few pics at some time this eve... with luck. We stopped at the Harley Shop of course and had to spend time in there browsing the store, fortunately nothing jumped out at T and he left empty handed, I think he needs to thank me for not encouraging his random spending ahahaha (god lord he will smack me for that one) We headed towards Glacier National Park and came across .... hmmmm the mystery place and be darned if the name doesn't elude me at this moment. Anyways hey bless the internet I found it, The House of Myster. here is the link..... http://www.montanavortex.com/. Was that ever ever cool. It was so weird as we approached the cabin, we walked along this gorgeous pathway in the trees and suddenly I was feeling nauseous, yeah for real. But it wasn't a strange feeling for me, I get that often, but..... when we caught up to the tour, the guide was explaining this "quantum, or gravitational anomaly that defies the laws of physics and nature" to us and I realized it was not just one of my passing bouts of nauseum. It was the place we were existing upon at that moment. It was incredibly weird. The Vortex has a slanted house situated upon it and you walk in and you walk right out again... Ok I did, I was completely overtaken by this horrible horrible sick feeling. It took me time but I got over it, and it was weird as I would turn my head quickly it would strike but it I took it slow and easy for the first bit af adjusting and accpeting the pull I was ok. Very very freaky energy phenomenon. I strongly suggest going and checking out the link I posted. After we left the cabin, we encountered the Labyrinth T walked it and felt great I walked it and nearly threw up. Weird stuff indeed we experimented in the Hexagon, and yes it's true on one side of it a person appears smaller and on the other they appear larger, my pics do no justice to that theory cause I could never convince you I held my camera in the same place and T and I were the same distance's apart both times... Just freakish. And we went on to another circle that isn't written about in that link where all the trees that form that circle grow inward towards each other, you can actually feel the energy when you step into this circle as well we did an exercise with our hands and I got to see my aura around my hand that completely freaked me out. I saw it even before the guide told me it was going to be there. I have always been a skeptic about these kinds of things but I dunno, I wanna know more now. Unfortunately none of my pics included any Orbs, I was disappointed but perhaps that was a reflection of my skepticisim up until this day, maybe it would have been different if T was playing photographer for the day. He is much more intuned to this stuff than I "was". But I have to tell ya after we left there and hit the hiway again, I could NOT quell my unsettled stomach... wow weird.... So on the way towards Glacier we found the Montana Fur Trading Company (I think that was the name of the store) Aw it was loaded with Indian arts and crafts some gorgeous Native American art, some cool clothing and some spectacular jewellery. Well surprise surprise I was drawn to some gorgeous silver pieces of Jewellery. Dead Pawn stuff it said, so of course I had to ask just what Dead Pawn was, and it's merely pawned items that nobody ever came back for Soooo their loss my gain. I paid a pretty penny for the most gorgeous sterling silver bracelet. Number 3 of my collection maybe I will try and take a pic of this later.
    Well the stop there was a good thing, I was finally settled enough to hit the hiway again so onward we went until we hit the entrance of the park and decided to stop for the night at a quaint little motel. Again it was late so a light dinner and a few beers while we listened to a good local voice sing some comfortably familiar 80's songs for us all. The sun shone in and warmed our spirits and our beers so we had to drink fast, ok I did because I like my beer ice cold. I was drinking a lovely fruit beer, ok sure you think that is weird but it was delicious. Huckleberry (what Montana is famous for) and honey beer. Oooo I loved it. We were having conversation with the bartender when she suddenly hollered out "AMTRAC" and bolted from the pub to stand out upon the balcony with her fellow wait staff and they waved as the passenger filled Amtrac train stopped in at the station down the hill. Upon her return you know we had to ask why, and she said its fun and its tradition. Charming indeed. Well again we bought ourselves a few beers at the store to take back to our room. On our way back we encountered a few bikers they asked directions... to Alaska... they had come from Miami, I don't even want to guess how far that is, just imagine the far south east corner of the USA and the far north west before hitting Canada, yeah I think double digit thousands. These guys were all originally from argentina very interesting, I wish we had more time to chat with them, the one guy was quite willing to come get directions from T, he seemed the more brave of the bunch the others said in their broken english no no no don't go with him. I spose at this point I should explain T gets many a fearful look, he is what you would imagine when someone says "hells angel" but trust me he is not one of them.. tis merely his daunting look. So we had a nice chat with mr argentina and sent him on his way. T and I sat out upon our balcony drinking our beers, watching the sunset and telling life stories, ok no no T talked I listened, I never talk about my life to him seems far to boring in comparison hahahahah it was a glorious nite, pity we could not have stayed longer.
    ooo it's getting late and I am growing tired I don't want to go back and edit this I think I will post a few pics in the pic thread and call it a wrap.
    To end the trip we woke up to rain today and it poured for the entire trip home pity cause I would have liked to have taken more pictures.
    Good nite.
    M
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

Letter to a friend:

Dear T:

Its "the tuesday" June 26, the day of conversation about my escape away.
    I thought I would give it a whirl about explaining this to you and it's likely going to come across as completely idiotic, but hey I guess that happens and besides which, I do "idiotic" well.

I am tired, crabby, mad, disappointed, hurt, scared, sad, exhausted, frustrated, you name it I am it, every emotion you can imagine I am it.

I am guilty of not leaning on people well, yep I begged her to get away with me, we had talked about it in the past and the timing happend that I wanted it this weekend. I am sorry I excluded you, bloody hell i don't even know where I stand with you. Jeeze you got me in tears over text messages today. I am sick and tired of 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards lately. In the mirror I am 10 feet tall and invincible but in my own mind Im just the opposite. I figured I could take on the world just me and I was fueled by anger and freedom. Little did I know what I signed up for eh. Weakness blows, it blows badly but maybe not as bad as disillusion huh. I got nobody to blame, blaming others is easy. But if we don't allow them to influence us we are pretty much on our own.

Bloody hell I can't even be support for my own mother anymore. C***** I am not supportive anymore, I ran out of support. I think finally I need supporting... hah like that is anything I am going to accept from anyone.

We're in it for fun you and me, where did you think I could ever come to you for a little advice or support???? I wanna be angry at you and tell you to back off and keep it to yourself and leave me alone. I don't wanna tell you how good it felt when you held me, or put your arm across my shoulder and walked down the road with me or brushed the hair out of me face while kissing me. It's meant to be kept at a distance... don't taunt and tease me telling me you could be there for me. You can't be because I will expect more..... accept the barriers I throw up or just walk away.
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

Today I am completely bored so am going to throw some fun links in here for future fun

http://www.whereswilly.com/ < this will be fun to track US or Canadian paper money

http://www.thecookingschool.com/?id_category=19 < mmm food

http://www.sitepoetry.com/ < inspiration for writing
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

People are weird... how is it I keep saying that about so many people these days. I swear I am turning into my father. This frightens my mother... She thinks my brother and I have the worst of the worst in us for tempers, she says things like "people think the Irish have bad tempers, and low tolerance, try a Hungarian" Then she will giggle and say "you poor kids you are in so much trouble with your Hungarian and Irish tempers"
    Gee thanks mom :P

Ah it's monday I am tired, people confuse me. I am still battling this dating game thing and can't really sort out what I want, met a very nice man this weekend as well am not talking to my other guy friend cause he is being a buffoon and if he presumes one more thing with me it's a smack to his thick skull soon.

I am battling a lot with Jr Minks, and it's dam frightening, it's all reminicent of my older daughter, I know it's the age. It's exactly like it was with her sister. I am doomed. I am tired of her coming home late, or calling me she missed the bus and just generally being irresponsible. So badly so I told her if she thinks she has it so bad and won't listen to me or abide by my rules anymore she can go live with her dad and see how easy she does have it with me. I told her if she messed up again it won't be a matter of go try dad's it will be a matter of, get out find your own way and I reminded her I did it with her sister and will do it with her as well. SIGH!

Work is boring today. I wish FG was a little livelier mind you I don't have much to talk about. I have had enough coffee so the caffinated buzz is wanning whoopee what now....

My father is feuding with my brother and sister in law again oooo and he made a nasty burn comment about my sis in law (bad me but it made me laugh) he said something to the affect of "funny she gets all this money and suddenly thinks she has all this power, sounds like somebody else we used to know" Yep he compared her to my ex-husband. Ouch burn!! But justifyably so, she has become one greedy money hungry girl. She has even stole a marketing idea from my girls but I refuse to talk about this. She plans to make money off of their awesome ideas.

I thought I was going to stay positve in this journal eeek I am failing miserably, well sleepless nites make me wanna vent.

It rained here today which is refreshing it's been deadly hot for us northerners ahahahaha It's supposed to climb in temps again by weeks end.

Ok Jr Minks + for her, she is at 1 weeks training at college, it's the pastry chef class's. 9:00 to 4:00 daily all week. This is part 2 of cooking boot camp, last year was general cooking and menu prep. She is thrilled to be doing these classes. And already the first one paid off, it got her a decent paying job as a line cook at a brand new restraunt. Yesterday was their pre-opening so us parents and friends were test victims ahahaha it was fabulous.

Ok I feel better now. Pity this day is dragging along.

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    I took a break these past few days, and you would never know it, but I was trying to keep from confronting the negativities of my life.
    It felt good but you still have to deal with them in the end, however if you give them some time and space, grab a good nites sleep and look at them in a new day, they don't seem so awful.
    I see it's so easy to talk about the negatives of the world I wonder why that is? How come we can't just wake up and say OH glorious day because:
    I am alive
    the sun is out
    i don't feel pain (or much pain)
    my children are healthy and happy
    my folks are still alive
    my house is still standing
    i have my job

Well and just be happy for these things.
    But then a few things creep in as the day goes on.
    they make me sad, but I have to learn to live with them and not battle them.

I found out today I am not likely to qualify for a mortgage ever unless I remarry... gosh flip a coin own a home and marry or, rent and stay single, ok now that actually is laughable

Everybody around me is worried about money and retirement etc.... good gosh am I the only person who is worried about will my pay check making it to next week? I haven't a cent to save these days.

Oh yeah and some jackass sat upon the hood of my car Friday somewhere, I suspect while I was at work, and then slid off the hood I know this how... there are 4-8 lovely scratch marks all down my hood and they look to be spaced out to resemble rivets of jean pockets. I am livid.

I have seriously tossed around the idea of visiting a financial planner, surely there are ways for even a broke person like me to save something somewhere.... but I don't want to get into some scammy pyramid thing either. Hmmmmm things that make me think.

So anyways where I was going... wake up every day and list 5 postive things before you get out of bed.

Todays are listed above let's see if tomorrow I can have new ones.
    ― Mae West

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast