+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your disabled, get a job !!!

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    06:02 AM

Your disabled, get a job !!!

My brother has a spinal injury, 25% use of his legs & some incontinence problems. This week he has to attend 4 interviews
    Why's he getting picked on when he has a genuine disability & your everyday layabout gets off with it

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time

Re: Your disabled, get a job !!!

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup View Post
    My brother has a spinal injury, 25% use of his legs & some incontinence problems. This week he has to attend 4 interviews
    Why's he getting picked on when he has a genuine disability & your everyday layabout gets off with it
    I sympathise with your brother on this one! This is a subject that angers me so much because there are so many of us out there that have genuine disabilities and yet some how there are those that have nothing wrong and yet - they get everything going!

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    12:02 AM

That is too bad. In this country we have something calleed Suplimental Security Income (SSI). These are benefits for life for a person who is disabled and unable to work because of thier disability.

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time

We have disability benefits here Marie, they come in 3 different rates depending on level of disability, apparently having the disability he has is seen as 'able to work' now whereas it was not before.
    This amazes me when so many layabouts with nothing wrong with them have never had a job in their life. Up until his accident my brother worked full time. Im really annoyed about this today

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    08:32 AM

Why's he getting picked on when he has a genuine disability & your everyday layabout gets off with it mad:
    Layabouts are just that because they can get more in benefits than some people get paid. If these were reduced, people would be more inclined to work. However, re. your brother, it does seem unfortunate.... perhaps some good will come of this change, you never know!

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time

The incontinence is the problem here Bill, if they could find him work to do from home he would happily take it. Can you imagine how awful it would be to be incontinent in front of others

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    08:32 AM

Can you imagine how awful it would be to be incontinent in front of others (
    Yes. Is there nothing available from the NHS (or other organisations) in terms of equipment to manage this?

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time

He has a cathetar for urine but would have to have surgery for a bowel bag, the risks are high, we know a few who were in rehabilitation at the same time as him who got septacemia doing this, he's been through enough.
    Excuse my awful spelling.

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    05:02 AM

I really feel for him, I went back to work as many of you know, I worked 5 days a week 4 hours a day, I was £32 pound a week better off, £6.40 a day!!!

It took me 5 years to find a company willing to take me on with my problems, although it can't be proven that I was discriminated on my disability, I can assure you I was.

As I said last week, they let me go along with three other people in the office, I now have to prove that I am not fit for work, although I get disability???WT???

So now if I can't find a job, I have to prove every month that I'm not fit to work via Dr's certificate, even the Dr has said it is silly.

I wish I could offer some ray of light for your brother Buttercup, but the truth is the system stinks
    I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    posted by buttercup
    The thing is they are being told to target layabouts who are claiming disability benefits without good reason. The problem is if you start put with the assumption that anyone claiming benefits is automatically a scrounger and they have to prove otherwise then anyone on benefits gets tarred with the same brush.

If it was anyone but someone you know would you not think it about time that a scrounger on benefits was taken to task-your everyday layabout faking a spinal injury? You can't have it both ways, call it unfair of they check on your brother and advocate them going after all the scroungers.

There are undoubtedly some who abuse the system but pillorying all claimants as scroungers is not the way to deal with them IMO. If a Doctor says you are unfit then only a more qualified medical practitioner should be able to challenge it, not a civil servant. Unless they are suggesting all doctors are liars.
    Last edited by gmc; 06-07-2007 at 05:00 AM. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast