Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Cystitis

Local Date
    06-02-2020
    Local Time
    10:51 PM

Re: Cystitis

Beautyful,
    I spoke with my daughter who is a nurse practitioner and here are a few things she tells her patients. Not sure if its anything you already know or not:

Unfortunately-as a woman our anatomy is the culprit-our urethra(pee opening) is too close to other things...therefore bacteria easily can get up into our urinary tract or our bladder. Therefore if you are getting them that often- your anatomy may be to blame. i think you are doing most of the things such as, no tight clothing, no perfume or scents, IE; bath soap, use hypo allergic products, as well use Cotton underwear and try not to stay in a wet bathing suit too long( also helps protect against yeast infections...another great part of being a woman..) anyhow, drink lots of H2O- cranberry juice has been known to work for some people. Always wipe-front to back and you should always pee pre and post coital (IE; before and after sex) That is the main reason for UTI in woman..ever hear of Honeymoon cystitis???? when woman would all develop UTI on their honeymoon....
    Also, if you keep getting them then your doctor should be looking at why?They are common in woman but shouldn't be occurring that frequently- and it should be investigated...sometimes there is a reason behind it...but sometimes not. Once its cleared up do they re-test your urine to make sure that it is fully cleared up??? Sometimes its not fully cleared up and then can reappear very easily.
    Another thing we often do is put someone on prophylaxis antibiotics such as Bactrim (Septra) to prevent an infection...usually its given over the weekend, like Friday sat and Sunday and then stopped for a few days...again because of the whole honeymoon cystitis thing we usually go for the weekend.
    Well- I think that is all I can think of- I hope this helps

Terrilee NP
    A witch will get a better grip on the broom if she is without panties!

Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time
    02:51 AM

Re: Cystitis

Register to remove this ad.
    Oh thank you so much Fisher and thank your daughter for me as well I intend to go back to a doctor tomorrow and get this sorted although i think i have worked out I have what is known as a trigger food and oh no....it is chocolate

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4