+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Drug Addiction

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time
    09:18 PM

Drug Addiction

Heroin addiction is a huge problem in this country. More and more people are falling under the spell of this evil drug. Once addicted. Users find themselves and their lives controlled by it. The grip it has on them is so strong that they are even willing to risk their freedom by stealing to fund their expensive habit.
    While the drug-dealers are getting richer plying their trade, many lives are being torn apart all because of their addiction to heroin.
    At the moment the government are placing all emphasis on catching the drug smugglers and dealers. Well sure enough they have to be stopped, however we only have a drugs trade because we have addicts who are willing to spend large amounts of money for their daily fix.
    A whole new approach is needed in tackling this problem. Much more help needs to be available to drug users, giving them the chance of repairing their damaged lives. After all there are underlying causes as to why a person falls into drug addiction. Nobody chooses to destroy his or her life for the fun of it. And a lot of them have never had proper medical assistance in an effort to live a normal life. Getting to the root cause of the problem is the only way forward. Everyone deserves a second chance.
    Where will the money come from? Well that is simple. Cut the amount of money that’s being pumped into chasing the dealers, and redirect it towards treatment for the addicts. The overall knock-on affect will gradually help to dismantle the drugs trade. The fewer drug users there are, the smaller the drugs empire.
    Basically, using this approach will be much more constructive than the way things are dealt with at the moment on this subject.

Leave a comment on this topic at: http://www.healthmad.com/Addiction/Drug-Addiction.30719

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time
    10:18 PM

Re: Drug Addiction

While I agree that the "drug war" is a pathetic joke, there will always be a drug "problem" as long as there are human beings to have it. You say the root cause is their need for a fix, well why don't you pare that down to the lowest denominator and find out the reason(s) for the need? People don't fall into it because of untended medical problems, they do it because A) it's fun and B) it kills the pain of living. The biggest and most basic drug we have is booze and we can't regulate or monitor that or the jerks who use it to ill effects so what makes us think we have a solution for hard drugs?? It's there and people are going to use it. If it's not there, they'll find a way to get it.

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

You use the word jerks in reference to the people who take drugs. Yes sure enough their are those who experiment with drugs for the fun of it, yet their are some who turn to drugs through psycholological reasons i.e past problems that weaken them and force them in a way to find releif from their torment. You should not tar everyone with the same brush. If we are to move forward in the fight against drug abuse then we must take a more simpathetic and understanding approach to this problem. We would be making a cruel mistake to just turn our backs on those people who's lives are damaged by this evil thing in our society.

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by maccat View Post
    You use the word jerks in reference to the people who take drugs. Yes sure enough their are those who experiment with drugs for the fun of it, yet their are some who turn to drugs through psycholological reasons i.e past problems that weaken them and force them in a way to find releif from their torment. You should not tar everyone with the same brush. If we are to move forward in the fight against drug abuse then we must take a more simpathetic and understanding approach to this problem. We would be making a cruel mistake to just turn our backs on those people who's lives are damaged by this evil thing in our society.
    No.

I used the word jerks in reference to people who harm others through their usage. Such as drunk drivers, or crackheads taking out a family off the sidewalk. I feel no pity or mercy to people like that nor should I.I believe in my first reply I already acknowledged that drugs kill or dull life's pain.
    Again I say we never will advance in "the war on drugs" because it isn't a drug problem, it's a human problem and people will do as they will.

Also, you must be assuming all drugs and all drug use is "Bad" or "evil" and I most certainly do not agree.

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

I understand your views on drugs with Americas huge problems.However i am refering to the social aspects of things. I totally agree that the drug fuelled maniacs on our streets need to be severely dealt with. Drug taking however covers a larger spectrum with a huge amount of complicated sinareos. Try to understand where im coming from rather than having a blinkered atitude.

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

I understand your views on drugs with Americas huge problems.However i am refering to the social aspects of things. I totally agree that the drug fuelled maniacs on our streets need to be severely dealt with. Drug taking however covers a larger spectrum with a huge amount of complicated sinareos. Try to understand where im coming from rather than having a blinkered atitude.
    Maccat, I know you're brand new here but already you're coming up on my bad side with some of the things you say. Perhaps it is only how the words appear and not your intention.

I take it you are not from America then? May I ask where you are from? You didn't take time to make an introduction post or fill out your profile so we don't know anything of you.

And maybe you could elaborate on this larger spectrum of scenarios you speak of; what you hope to accomplish and how you think it would work.

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

Yes i am new to Forum Garden.com and i am sorry if i offend you as this is far from my intention. I just have strong views on the subject and feel that societys present attitude towards drug addicts is not doing anything in reaching a solution to our problems. My reference to the different senarios regarding drug abuse is quite simply that people fall under the spell of drug addiction for many different reasons. Believe it or not they are not all maniacs. Also no i am not an American .I am from Liverpool England.

Local Date
    12-14-2019
    Local Time
    05:18 AM

I think that drugs will always be around while the need for them is there, I think that the police should be targeting the drug dealers, in my eyes they are one of the worst low life you can get. Everyone has choices in life, all the time people are choosing drugs, they can not be helped, they have to want to change. I would imagine that it is awful coming clean but even harder living each day trying to stay clean. I don't know how much help you think they need, but sometimes it comes down to willpower, communication and support. I know that help is there if you want it, but you can't expect everyone else to take responsibility for your choices.
    I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

Yes i am new to Forum Garden.com and i am sorry if i offend you as this is far from my intention. I just have strong views on the subject and feel that societys present attitude towards drug addicts is not doing anything in reaching a solution to our problems. My reference to the different senarios regarding drug abuse is quite simply that people fall under the spell of drug addiction for many different reasons. Believe it or not they are not all maniacs. Also no i am not an American .I am from Liverpool England.
    Welcome to Forum Garden then.
    We agree that there are many reasons for drug use. And, no I didn't think all users were maniacs. I know quite a few "normal" ones. Out of curiousity, would you also consider alcohol to be a drug? Is it any less worse than the drugs we're talking about? In your opinion?

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    I agree the drug dealers are the lowest of the low. But do you not have any sympathy for those poor people caught up in drug addiction. Lives shattered, lives lost all because nobody wants to understand and help these victims. Yes victims is what a lot of them are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast