Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: JonBenet Ramsey case

lilafran

Re: JonBenet Ramsey case

Why the hell can't people just let kids be kids? Me thinks that parents who push their kids to compensate for their own shortcomings, or failed dreams, should have their kids taken away. Success aint happiness unless you are following your own dream. How many psychotics, and neurotics have these type parents created? [/QUOTE]

How very true! My mother who I really love, but don't like sometimes, wanted me to be the little princess type I was taken to dancing, singing, piano, sewing lessons and the lists goes on to develop that style. She was grooming me for the debutante circuit and I was miserable. I do appreciate her efforts, but the princess role was not for me, so I fought much of my life to be a "me" I felt good about. Mama wanted petticoats...I wanted overalls and a tree to climb...when I practiced piano, I always memorized a few pieces so I could read my Nancy Drew mysteries while playing....To this day I adore animals and have pets of my own in addition to working for the humane society...she is mortified that I keep them in the house. ...and the tug-a-war continues. I've simply learned to "block out" the negative messages and realize that she won't change...so instead of going to tea with the girls, I kick back with a good book, and thank God that I like who I am.

Lila

Supporting Member along-for-the-ride's Avatar
    Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time
    07:11 AM

TV shows explore shocking new theories on JonBenet Ramsey case | Fox News

What do you think about these current findings?
    Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time
    10:11 PM

Havent seen it yet, only advertising for it. Ive put ten dollars down that they wont answer the question of her death......itll just be another crappy show that specific people will get a bit of fame and money from.
    I figure ill watch the last 20 minutes of the two part series and double my money.

Btw, i think doctor Phil is a psych industry whore ....no value whats so ever.

Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time
    04:11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by along-for-the-ride View Post
    By coincidence, i watched the first two episodes myself. It appears, each one, is to present the facts of those who most came under the spotlight. I have also viewed JonBenét's autopsy photographs on the internet to find out more, but i would advise caution before doing likewise. The case has intrigued me for many years, simply due to this being one of the most memorable unsolved murders. In her autopsy photographs, JonBenet has two distinctive black marks, a perfect circle, one being on the face near her ear. She did not have these prior to her death. When compared with photographic evidence of other victims, these marks indicate a stun gun was used initially. She was strangled by cord and a paintbrush to apply leverage. Her skull was broken and she had blood in her panties when found. I would immediately rule out the parents first. The child was either tortured or these injuries applied after death. The claim by police that Patsy Ramsey flew into a rage due to JB wetting the bed, is absurd. The child had wet the bed most nights of her six year life. It's inconceivable to myself, that of all the nights Patsy would have flown into a rage, would be the Christmas night when most people are jolly with the spirit of yuletide. She had years to fly into a rage a wet bed, and had not before. To suggest, she struck the child in anger, could be remotely considered, yet to suggest that Patsy or John then tortured her is way off beam. JB by all accounts, was adored by her parents and her beauty pageant career, was the pride of Patsy's life. She would in effect, have been killing the golden goose. Again, with John Ramsey, he was an extremely loving father and i doubt he would defile his little girls body, just to fool police. If you inadvertently kill your six year old daughter by lashing out, rational, sane people, such as the Ramsey's would not be able to immediately use a process of thought, to plan to cover up, in the immediate aftermath. They would typically be devastated, leaving both unable to think straight. It is recorded that when police arrived, Patsy was on the porch carrying JB, wailing like a banshee. I do not believe it possible, for sane, educated people, to switch from cunning, covering up, to distraught in the space of half an hour. I would rule them out, completely. Next, is the son Burke Ramsey. Police suggest that he was annoyed by JB and lashed out at her with a torch. The fact that he once hit JB with a golf club apparently adds weight to this theory, although John Ramsey states, this incident was an accident. Burke was a young child himself at the time and JB's smashed skull, for myself, would have required greater force than that of a young boy. For Burke to be the killer, again, it's highly unlikely that a young child, would have had the thought process in the aftermath, to plant evidence to cover up. Another claim involved the killer being Burke, with Patsy and John staging the murder scene and defiling her corpse, to cover up for him. I doubt, any parent, having just seen their child kill their daughter, would have a sane thought process in order to do that. Next, is the prison inmate, John Karr, who calls himself Daxit, who confessed to her murder. By his own testimony, for myself, is too detailed. No DNA from Karr was ever found on JB but she did have a third party DNA on her body. Next is the strange santa. He knew the layout of the house as JB had given him a tour once before. Despite being weirder than weirder, he had acted as santa at the Ramsey's home before and the Ramsey's along with most people in Boulder. knew him well. For myself, he knew the Ramsey's well and most child killers are opportunists. Most do not know the parents when they abduct and murder a child at random. I myself would rule him out. I doubt that he could have killed the child knowing the parents well and how her death would affect them. Next, is Michael Helgoth, a 26 year old who's family had the scrapyard. It's rumoured that he made a tape where he confessed to killing JB but he had an accomplice. Helgorth was found dead two days after the murder,and it ruled suicide, although one of the original investigators, stated that the gun was found on his right side, but the path of the bullet, was in the direction of left to right. The theory that he too was murdered by the accomplice looks the most likely. You asked for thoughts. How do you see it, along for the ride?

Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

Two things there,.......and before i go further i only know the story because of cherry picking of the media.
    The 'santa' you refer to. Peodoes often befriend parents of children to gain access to a child.its very common. They will usually part take in activities that children are involved in to gain access.

Secondly, it is also quite common (and im assuming the suicide weapon was a pistol?) For the firearm not to be anywhere near the body. Often flying out of the hand, can land anywhere. Its a hollywood myth that firearms are still in the hand or close to the body. Once youve shot yourself you dont have control over the kickback of the pistol.

Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

Those photos arent to bad. (Ive seen a hell of a lot worse).... the ligiture knot is interesting though. The person who tied that has done it before.

Poor little mite.
    In my uneducated opinion . The person who did that did not want a live being. Whatever was done to her post mortem was definately the pount of the exercise.

Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    Two things there,.......and before i go further i only know the story because of cherry picking of the media.
    The 'santa' you refer to. Peodoes often befriend parents of children to gain access to a child.its very common. They will usually part take in activities that children are involved in to gain access.

Secondly, it is also quite common (and im assuming the suicide weapon was a pistol?) For the firearm not to be anywhere near the body. Often flying out of the hand, can land anywhere. Its a hollywood myth that firearms are still in the hand or close to the body. Once youve shot yourself you dont have control over the kickback of the pistol.
    The original investigation officer with experience of ballistics, stated that the bullet trajectory was left to right, ie the bullet entered the left hand side of the head. Firearms simply do not go flying off. Some suicide cases of self inflicted gunshot to the head, drop the gun, and some don't. It comes down to which part of the brain has been interrupted. If he shot himself in the head, he could have missed the part of the brain that induces Cadaveric spasm, and dropped the gun, but it would most likely drop to which side it was fired from. If the part of the brain was hit that induces Cadaveric spasm, the victims hand instantaneously, tightens his grip on the gun. It is this spasm that determines whether death from gunshot to the head, is a suicide, or murder. Upon autopsy, the coroner determines which part of the brain was hit. If they locate the bullet in an area that does not induce Cardaveric spasm, and the gun has fallen, then it's safe to assume suicide. If the bullet hit the area of the brain that induces the spasm, and the gun is dropped, chances are, it would be homicide staged as suicide.

Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

The police officer? Or detective with ballistics training......id want to know more about that officer before speculating.
    But regardless, i have not seen the incident scene photos. So was it a rifle type firearm or pistol? Are there available scene photos of this incident?
    Btw, do you realise you just agreed with me in saying the firearm can fall anywhere. And you also agree that its never safe to assume suicide.

Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

It sounds like some sound reasoning and logical deductions on Momus' part.

Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    The police officer? Or detective with ballistics training......id want to know more about that officer before speculating.
    But regardless, i have not seen the incident scene photos. So was it a rifle type firearm or pistol? Are there available scene photos of this incident?
    Then do some research dear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast