Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: I had a Night Terror last night

  1. #11
    Senior Member SuzyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    5,945
    Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time
    03:38 PM

    Re: I had a Night Terror last night

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    so i then take my hands off her throat and the pillow off of her face and to my amazement she stops snoring
    Why you little............................................ ...........
    I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!



  2. #12
    Senior Member Elvira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southern, UK
    Posts
    489
    Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time
    07:38 AM

    Re: I had a Night Terror last night

    Quote Originally Posted by Musiclover89 View Post
    Ok last night was really really scary for me because i had what sciencetists would call a Night terror which is when your Brian is in sleep mode but your still awake so last night i though i saw this really horriable looking man in my room come up to me and i was screaming in terror even my Mum herd me but anyway when i woke up i was shakeing and i was sweating really bad the dream felt so real i was so scared
    I used to have these regularly when I lived with my ex boyf, and would end up running full pelt into doors and walls and even down stairs once, because I was in such a state. The doctos said it was a form of sleep epilepsy and wanted to medicate but I refused.

    Funnily enough it's only happened three times in the past two years I've lived with current boyf so I maintain it's stress related.

    If these become regular, I would suggest some kind of meditation or zen to try to improve your mental posture.

    S xx

  3. #13
    Supporting Member along-for-the-ride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    on the road of life
    Posts
    11,792
    Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time
    10:38 AM

    Re: I had a Night Terror last night

    There have been a few times when I dreamed I was up at the ceiling looking down...just floating. Seemed so real at the time.



    PS. Jimbo.........................you are rotten.
    Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Lisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Cost
    Posts
    740
    Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time
    11:38 AM

    Re: I had a Night Terror last night

    Quote Originally Posted by Musiclover89 View Post
    Ok last night was really really scary for me because i had what sciencetists would call a Night terror which is when your Brian is in sleep mode but your still awake so last night i though i saw this really horriable looking man in my room come up to me and i was screaming in terror even my Mum herd me but anyway when i woke up i was shakeing and i was sweating really bad the dream felt so real i was so scared
    That does sound scary
    Try drinking a mug of hot milk before bed tonight. it usually helps me sleep.

    Thank goodness I haven't had a night terror since I was little. I remember waking up screaming,and not a sound came out of my mouth,I couldn't make a noise.

    I think it does have to do with stress. Did I read the other day,that you have started college recently? Baby yourself for a while. Hopefuly things will be less stressful for you soon.

    .
    <img src=http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic8127_26.gif border=0 alt= />

  5. #15
    Senior Member littlemissgiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,367
    Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time
    04:38 PM

    Re: I had a Night Terror last night

    I use to have horrible one's when i was maybe 10 or 13 ish
    i would wake up in hot sweats,
    i think it can be to do with stress my mum and dad were breaking up at the time

    and maybe it is your college and you seem you have a lot on your mind with you wanting to go to New York etc...

    hope its better tonight

  6. #16
    magenta flame
    Guest

    Re: I had a Night Terror last night

    Quote Originally Posted by Musiclover89 View Post
    Ok last night was really really scary for me because i had what sciencetists would call a Night terror which is when your Brian is in sleep mode but your still awake so last night i though i saw this really horriable looking man in my room come up to me and i was screaming in terror even my Mum herd me but anyway when i woke up i was shakeing and i was sweating really bad the dream felt so real i was so scared

    How long have you had this sleep disorder MJ? the majority of night terror victims do not remember their dreams (in fact it's not a dream because it occurs outside the REM sleep stage) What time did you wake up from this night terror, Morning or night? It's very umcommon in people your age. Except for those who have PSTD.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Lisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Cost
    Posts
    740
    Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time
    11:38 AM

    Re: I had a Night Terror last night

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    so i then take my hands off her throat and the pillow off of her face and to my amazement she stops snoring


    Sorry Suzy.that was funny.
    <img src=http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic8127_26.gif border=0 alt= />

  8. #18
    Senior Member SuzyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    5,945
    Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time
    03:38 PM

    Re: I had a Night Terror last night

    Quote Originally Posted by magenta flame View Post
    How long have you had this sleep disorder MJ? the majority of night terror victims do not remember their dreams (in fact it's not a dream because it occurs outside the REM sleep stage) What time did you wake up from this night terror, Morning or night? It's very umcommon in people your age. Except for those who have PSTD.
    I remember every detail Mags
    I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!



  9. #19
    Senior Member SuzyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    5,945
    Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time
    03:38 PM

    Re: I had a Night Terror last night

    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyNavel View Post


    Sorry Suzy.that was funny.
    Do you know one night I was in a horrific state, I was trying to get up but couldn't breathe at all, as in my dream my throat was being crushed by thhe surgeons hands, I kind of came round but was convinced that Jim had actually tried to strangle me, he was awake because all the noise I was making, so I said he wasn't to go near me and went into my Son's bedroom.
    I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!



  10. #20
    Senior Member Lisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Cost
    Posts
    740
    Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time
    11:38 AM

    Re: I had a Night Terror last night

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyB View Post
    Do you know one night I was in a horrific state, I was trying to get up but couldn't breathe at all, as in my dream my throat was being crushed by thhe surgeons hands, I kind of came round but was convinced that Jim had actually tried to strangle me, he was awake because all the noise I was making, so I said he wasn't to go near me and went into my Son's bedroom.
    Oh my, I guess it would make a person think thier partner did it. I bet he was kind of freaked out about it too.

    My hubby punched me in the arm (not real hard) one night a few years ago. I swear I thought he ment to do it. Although he has never raised a hand to me before. His eyes were open,and he was sitting up. After that he laid back down as if nothing happened. I was MAD. I woke him up ,not too nicely I might add. He said he was dreaming a troll or a small hooded creature was chasing him.
    <img src=http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic8127_26.gif border=0 alt= />

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Oh what a night!!!!!!!
    By SuzyB in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 09:10 AM
  2. It Was A Windy Night For Me Last Night
    By Tria in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 01:49 PM
  3. last night
    By Clancy in forum Friends, Relationships, & Advice
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-22-2006, 03:58 PM
  4. Why Is This Night Different?
    By polycarp in forum Just For The Fun Of It
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-15-2005, 08:18 AM
  5. Night of Terror In Haunted House
    By CVX in forum Paranormal Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 04:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts