Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Compulsive obsessive"

Winter months-Florida, Summer months- New England
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    12:36 PM

"Compulsive obsessive"

I have a compulsive obsessive behavior- I need to wash my hands at least 45 to 50 times a day! After I touch anything, especially after shaking hands, tie shoe laces, take out the garbage cans, blow nose, even wash steering wheel , shift lever, door handles, after car has been valet parked, etc. Somehow I got stuck with this obsession in my head after reading Frank Lloyd Right would not shake hands with anyone for fear of germs. (I'm working on trying to slow down the compulsion)
    Does anyone else here have any compulsive obsessive behaviors?
    Cars
    Cars
    <"LIFE is SHORT, Make the most of it!!!" GET OUTTA HERE!>
    <Love living Large!>
    <Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!>

San Diego, California (Native born and raised)
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    09:36 AM

Wink Re: "Compulsive obsessive"

CARS,

Some medications might help.. !! HOWARD HUGHES, HAD THE EXACT SAME COMPULSION..!!

Don't your hands hurt after washing them that many times..?? I know it was a brave thing to tell us about this, so we are here for you.

Maybe finding something else to do with your hand would slow down the complusion(now keep your mind out of the gutter). Hobbies, flower garden, cars (real dirty work). I really don't have any complusions, no time to do anything twice.. barely get them done once..
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
    WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    11:36 AM

Re: "Compulsive obsessive"

I have to check and re-check the locks on my house and car. I know I just locked the damn thing, but I have to keep checking, just to be sure. I don't do it 50 times but at least 3 or 4. Does that count, or am I just extra-cautious?
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    05:36 PM

Quote Originally Posted by cars
    I have a compulsive obsessive behavior- I need to wash my hands at least 45 to 50 times a day! After I touch anything, especially after shaking hands, tie shoe laces, take out the garbage cans, blow nose, even wash steering wheel , shift lever, door handles, after car has been valet parked, etc. Somehow I got stuck with this obsession in my head after reading Frank Lloyd Right would not shake hands with anyone for fear of germs. (I'm working on trying to slow down the compulsion)
    Does anyone else here have any compulsive obsessive behaviors?
    Cars
    I used to be the same Cars, thankfuly i managed to stop hand washing as much although i do find myself slipping sometimes, to compensate i try not to touch certain things door handles, escalator/handrails, anything really that many other people have to use so i always have plenty of tissues on me.
    Reading BR's post also strikes a note with me, when i take mine & mums dogs for a walk & put them in the car to come home for some reason i check & then re-check over & over all the way home that they're actually in the car, i know they're their i just have this irrational fear of leaving them behind.

tmbsgrl

I am not sure if this counts but i am a neat freak! My towels can only be folded a certain way. It aggravated me when Tim fold them messy.

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by CARLA
    CARS,

Some medications might help.. !! HOWARD HUGHES, HAD THE EXACT SAME COMPULSION..!!

Don't your hands hurt after washing them that many times..?? I know it was a brave thing to tell us about this, so we are here for you.

Maybe finding something else to do with your hand would slow down the complusion(now keep your mind out of the gutter). Hobbies, flower garden, cars (real dirty work). I really don't have any complusions, no time to do anything twice.. barely get them done once..
    Yes Carla hands get chapped, put lotion on them only to wash it off again, and again!
    Like Abby said I'm working on trying to not touch things that other people touch, so I can slow down the washing. But it's tough when you really think about everything that people touch all over the place.
    Cars
    Cars
    <Love living Large!>

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by tmbsgrl
    I am not sure if this counts but i am a neat freak! My towels can only be folded a certain way. It aggravated me when Tim fold them messy.
    My wife is the same way, only "One" (Her) way towels can be folded.
    Cars
    <Love living Large!>

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    08:36 AM

Cars, when posting here does the urge to wash go away? I remember an earlier post from you saying you were alittle depressed but coming here helped? How long have you done this & will medication reduce the urge to wash hands?

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    05:36 AM

I've got this thing about specks of lint etc. on a dark carpet. I just can't ignore them and walk on, I've got to pick them up or get out the sweeper.

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula
    Cars, when posting here does the urge to wash go away? I remember an earlier post from you saying you were alittle depressed but coming here helped? How long have you done this & will medication reduce the urge to wash hands?
    Paula, My PC is only touched by me, so I am basically OK with that. I have been washing hands excessivly for about 6 or 7 years now. Sometimes it gets worse than others. Medication to stop washing hands?? I like coming to the Garden, really don't have to wash hands after that!
    Cars
    Cars
    <Love living Large!>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast