Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: "Compulsive obsessive"

  1. #1
    Long Time Member cars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Winter months-Florida, Summer months- New England
    Posts
    9,879
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    12:36 PM

    "Compulsive obsessive"

    I have a compulsive obsessive behavior- I need to wash my hands at least 45 to 50 times a day! After I touch anything, especially after shaking hands, tie shoe laces, take out the garbage cans, blow nose, even wash steering wheel , shift lever, door handles, after car has been valet parked, etc. Somehow I got stuck with this obsession in my head after reading Frank Lloyd Right would not shake hands with anyone for fear of germs. (I'm working on trying to slow down the compulsion)
    Does anyone else here have any compulsive obsessive behaviors?
    Cars
    Cars
    <"LIFE is SHORT, Make the most of it!!!" GET OUTTA HERE!>
    <Love living Large!>
    <Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!>

  2. #2
    ALOHA..!! CARLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    San Diego, California (Native born and raised)
    Posts
    13,095
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    09:36 AM

    Wink Re: "Compulsive obsessive"

    CARS,

    Some medications might help.. !! HOWARD HUGHES, HAD THE EXACT SAME COMPULSION..!!

    Don't your hands hurt after washing them that many times..?? I know it was a brave thing to tell us about this, so we are here for you.

    Maybe finding something else to do with your hand would slow down the complusion(now keep your mind out of the gutter). Hobbies, flower garden, cars (real dirty work). I really don't have any complusions, no time to do anything twice.. barely get them done once..
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
    WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"


  3. #3
    Senior Member BabyRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    My own private Hell
    Posts
    9,981
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    11:36 AM

    Re: "Compulsive obsessive"

    I have to check and re-check the locks on my house and car. I know I just locked the damn thing, but I have to keep checking, just to be sure. I don't do it 50 times but at least 3 or 4. Does that count, or am I just extra-cautious?
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~






    Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

    We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.



  4. #4
    BORN TO BE A RED! abbey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    UP NORTH
    Posts
    15,248
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    05:36 PM

    Re: "Compulsive obsessive"

    Quote Originally Posted by cars
    I have a compulsive obsessive behavior- I need to wash my hands at least 45 to 50 times a day! After I touch anything, especially after shaking hands, tie shoe laces, take out the garbage cans, blow nose, even wash steering wheel , shift lever, door handles, after car has been valet parked, etc. Somehow I got stuck with this obsession in my head after reading Frank Lloyd Right would not shake hands with anyone for fear of germs. (I'm working on trying to slow down the compulsion)
    Does anyone else here have any compulsive obsessive behaviors?
    Cars
    I used to be the same Cars, thankfuly i managed to stop hand washing as much although i do find myself slipping sometimes, to compensate i try not to touch certain things door handles, escalator/handrails, anything really that many other people have to use so i always have plenty of tissues on me.
    Reading BR's post also strikes a note with me, when i take mine & mums dogs for a walk & put them in the car to come home for some reason i check & then re-check over & over all the way home that they're actually in the car, i know they're their i just have this irrational fear of leaving them behind.

  5. #5
    tmbsgrl
    Guest

    Re: "Compulsive obsessive"

    I am not sure if this counts but i am a neat freak! My towels can only be folded a certain way. It aggravated me when Tim fold them messy.

  6. #6
    Long Time Member cars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Winter months-Florida, Summer months- New England
    Posts
    9,879
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    12:36 PM

    Re: "Compulsive obsessive"

    Quote Originally Posted by CARLA
    CARS,

    Some medications might help.. !! HOWARD HUGHES, HAD THE EXACT SAME COMPULSION..!!

    Don't your hands hurt after washing them that many times..?? I know it was a brave thing to tell us about this, so we are here for you.

    Maybe finding something else to do with your hand would slow down the complusion(now keep your mind out of the gutter). Hobbies, flower garden, cars (real dirty work). I really don't have any complusions, no time to do anything twice.. barely get them done once..
    Yes Carla hands get chapped, put lotion on them only to wash it off again, and again!
    Like Abby said I'm working on trying to not touch things that other people touch, so I can slow down the washing. But it's tough when you really think about everything that people touch all over the place.
    Cars
    Cars
    <"LIFE is SHORT, Make the most of it!!!" GET OUTTA HERE!>
    <Love living Large!>
    <Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!>

  7. #7
    Long Time Member cars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Winter months-Florida, Summer months- New England
    Posts
    9,879
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    12:36 PM

    Re: "Compulsive obsessive"

    Quote Originally Posted by tmbsgrl
    I am not sure if this counts but i am a neat freak! My towels can only be folded a certain way. It aggravated me when Tim fold them messy.
    My wife is the same way, only "One" (Her) way towels can be folded.
    Cars
    <"LIFE is SHORT, Make the most of it!!!" GET OUTTA HERE!>
    <Love living Large!>
    <Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!>

  8. #8
    Guest
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Near The Lilies...here.
    Posts
    1,926
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    08:36 AM

    Re: "Compulsive obsessive"

    Cars, when posting here does the urge to wash go away? I remember an earlier post from you saying you were alittle depressed but coming here helped? How long have you done this & will medication reduce the urge to wash hands?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    9,507
    Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    05:36 AM

    Re: "Compulsive obsessive"

    I've got this thing about specks of lint etc. on a dark carpet. I just can't ignore them and walk on, I've got to pick them up or get out the sweeper.

  10. #10
    Long Time Member cars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Winter months-Florida, Summer months- New England
    Posts
    9,879
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    12:36 PM

    Re: "Compulsive obsessive"

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula
    Cars, when posting here does the urge to wash go away? I remember an earlier post from you saying you were alittle depressed but coming here helped? How long have you done this & will medication reduce the urge to wash hands?
    Paula, My PC is only touched by me, so I am basically OK with that. I have been washing hands excessivly for about 6 or 7 years now. Sometimes it gets worse than others. Medication to stop washing hands?? I like coming to the Garden, really don't have to wash hands after that!
    Cars
    Cars
    <"LIFE is SHORT, Make the most of it!!!" GET OUTTA HERE!>
    <Love living Large!>
    <Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 01:16 AM
  2. Replies: 60
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 10:00 AM
  3. "Chat is Back" and so is our long lost "Spirit"
    By Tombstone in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 07:08 AM
  4. What is the "Friends" "Buddy List" thing?
    By Marie5656 in forum Problems, Solutions & Feedback
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-13-2006, 05:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts