+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More from Minks

Local Date
    11-13-2019
    Local Time
    06:53 AM

More from Minks

Hope you all don't mind some of my meanering mutterings, I hope there is a wee bit of thought provoking info in some of my random posts.

Today my 14 year old daughter went to court. Her and 12 other kids 14 - 16 showed up in provincial court. No not for a crime they committed but as support. Yes a friend of theirs was appearing in court as she was sexually assulted. She has worried endlessly for months about this date. She has lost sleep, she has been afraid to venture out alone, she has worried about what could happen to her if the assulter sees her again etc. What a horrible thing for a 15 year old girl to have to go through. She won the case today and I just wanted to boast about how proud of her I am for standing up to this all. As well as brag about how awesome her friends were to show their support. They jumped on the bus this morning at 8:00 and made their way downtown with no adult help all in support of their friend.

Teens can be amazing creatures.

Horray for you kids
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    11-13-2019
    Local Time
    07:53 AM

Re: More from Minks

I think it's a great story, Minks, and it's nice to hear about things like this. We hear all the time about "these damn kids" doing this or that stupid thing, and kids getting into trouble. It's refreshing to hear about a great group of kids and you can tell them all that I said "Good for you!!"
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Local Date
    11-13-2019
    Local Time
    08:53 AM

Minks? I just want to say thanks for making my day.

Local Date
    11-13-2019
    Local Time

Thanks Girls, I will be sure to pass on your thoughts. And you are right Babyrider, as I typed that I was thinking about that saying "damn kids" and how that is such a harmful comment. You know some other kids were not allowed to attend as their parents said their presence meant nothing to the judge. But this wasn't about the judge it was about a girl barely into her teens who was assulted something no one should have to go through never mind a woman/child. And the support of her friends means more than anything else at that age.
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    11-13-2019
    Local Time
    07:53 AM

Makes a person wonder, if the kids who weren't allowed to attend had said, "But Mom, I don't care about the impact on the judge, I just want to be there for my friend." Too bad those parents couldn't have been more open-minded, as their kids were. Once we think there's nothing to learn FROM our children, they will surprise us, won't they?
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Local Date
    11-13-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by BabyRider
    Makes a person wonder, if the kids who weren't allowed to attend had said, "But Mom, I don't care about the impact on the judge, I just want to be there for my friend." Too bad those parents couldn't have been more open-minded, as their kids were. Once we think there's nothing to learn FROM our children, they will surprise us, won't they?

Just a quick update for you ladies, the young man who the charges were against has to go for some evaluations now, but the real pity of this entire situation, he had NO support in that courtroom yesterday. His parents didn't even show. What a crime that is in its self. As for A (my daughters friend) she did well. I visited her mother yesterday as we dropped off roses to her in support. And mom said it was very tough on A she cried at a few times when the defense lawyer tried to make it look like it was her fault. Said stipid things like "you had a cell phone why didnt' you use it" Well Poor A did she was on it telling her friend to come help her and it died then, she was on pay as you go and her minutes ran out. I mean come on this is a 14 year old girl who had a 15 year old boy assult her, he had his hands in her pants, he told them she consented he told him he went to his friends place but when his witness took the stand he blew the kids story all to hell. I pity the boy and hope there is a chance for him. But on the other hand I wish they would lock him away for the damage he has done to A. She originally did not want to tell her parents she was so scared. But mom told me the 12 friends who showed up as support were awesome. They remained quiet when she knew they were busting to speak out against the boys lies.
    Kids are amazing aren't they, one minute they are so child like then you see them another day and you can't help but think, good lord how did you become so adult like.
    Ladies I told my daughter about your words and praise and she was genuinely impressed. Thank you it means a lot to kids when they have adults approval. I seriously can't explain well enough how proud of these kids I am.
    ― Mae West

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-13-2019
    Local Time
    05:53 AM

Quote Originally Posted by minks
    Kids are amazing aren't they, one minute they are so child like then you see them another day and you can't help but think, good lord how did you become so adult like.
    What always impressed me about that age group is their absolute, and generally "dead on" sense of justice and fair play. Maybe they should be our source for judges.
    Old age and treachery, is an acceptable response to overwelming youth and skill

San Diego, California (Native born and raised)
    Local Date
    11-13-2019
    Local Time
    05:53 AM

Thumbs up Re: More from Minks

MINK,

BRAVO !!! You daughter, and all the friends of this young girl should be so proud of themselves. They did the RIGHT thing, at the RIGHT time, and for the RIGHT reasons.

DER WULF,

So very true, I have spent lot of time with kids in their teens. I to have always been amazed how clearly they see a problem, and how to slove it. They have more common sense, than most adults.

What always impressed me about that age group is their absolute, and
    generally "dead on" sense of justice and fair play. Maybe they should be our source for judges.
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
    WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Local Date
    11-13-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by kensloft
    You can only realize that there is hope! Good feelings all around, goodfeelingkeep, this round's on me. And give the kids theirs in small glasses.
    Thanks all and it is folks like you who actually would tell a kid they did a good thing that allows the kids to stand up for their rights and persue the right things as well. Nothing worse than getting negative feedback all the time from adults when your a hormonal teen.
    ― Mae West

All Human Life Is Here... capt_buzzard's Avatar
    Local Date
    11-13-2019
    Local Time
    01:53 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Cool Minks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast