Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why do people turn out bad.

Senior Member pantsonfire321@aol.com's Avatar
    Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    07:15 AM

Why do people turn out bad.

I've heard people saying this kind of thing for years, that trauma in childhood or early life can/is the reason some people turn bad or commit crime or turn to drugs .

Is it true ....are there facts to back it up or is it just an excuse that people use because they've taken the wrong path.

I actually know plenty of people who dispite having a bad start in life have gone on to be exceptional human beings that have never broken the law, taken drugs or hurt a living soul . One person who in fact i went to school with (she was a year below me) . At a very young age her father died and her mother became an alcoholic and her and her sister ended up in foster care where she went on to be sexually abused by her foster father .. She's now married a mother of three, a trained counsellor and living very happily in Essex.

Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .

Smile people

yep, this bitch bites back .

Stardust

Post Re: Why do people turn out bad.

Hiya Pants

I've often wondered about your question - why is it that there are people who turn out bad. In fact, the individual doesn't even have to have a bad life either, they end up bad regardless. However, what you have to look at in any individual is whether the person's efforts are constructive or destructive. You have to ask what kind of individual would build an atomic bomb which has the potentiality to wipe out mankind? Or there are those individuals who see medical torture as helping an individual when it is actually doing damage. It isn't the person's background that determines what a person will be like but whether that person's efforts to assist man is constructive or destructive. However, if a person has been destructive towards man and then becomes constructive, it is more than likely that that individual was influenced by the individual who was bent on destructive acts.

I hope that answers your questions.

Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time
    10:15 PM

Re: Why do people turn out bad.

well some people will have absolutey nothing go wrong in their life and still do bad things or take drugs.

Commiting a crime or taking drugs doesnt mean someone has "gone bad" though

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    02:15 AM

I believe it's just a cop out. I've seen people grow up in the same family, with the same tragedies, one turned out to be a nonproductive member of society, the rest turned out to be hard working, caring individuals.

People either choose to let tragedies beat them down, or they choose to overcome them.

Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time

Goes back to - there are leaders & there are followers.

Take responsibility for whatever path you take. Its so easy to blame someone else for a rocky path - that is a cop out.

I believe everyone has a good soul - how you treat your sole is a individual choice.

Patsy

anomaly
    Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time
    11:15 PM

Even Martha Stewart ended up in jail.

I've broken the law before. I've taken drugs before. I think I'm a pretty good person. There are differences in people's ability to reason. I think sometimes we look at the world as if everyone in it is seeing the same thing we are. It isn't so.

You can also ask why a person who is being abused refuses to leave them. What is the relevance in the query? Wanting to end crime? Crime happens in all forms. One of the reasons we end up with "low end" crime - the stuff we talk about most - is because no one is making advances in solving white collar crime - which reduces the resources available to society, resulting in poverty.

LIFE IS SHORT...LIVE HARD Nomad's Avatar
    Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    12:15 AM

The world would be just fine if I were the only one in it.
    I AM AWESOME MAN

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    07:15 PM

It is my firm belief that turning out good or bad or something in between is due entirely to the choices that we make as individuals. I don't believe that anyone deliberately sets out to be good or bad, but is faced with certain choices. And for the most part, many of those choices are dependent on observation and environment. Who do we CHOOSE to associate with? Who do we ADMIRE? Bad choices have a way of escalating into very serious results.
    You choose to go in a car with a (friend?) that you know to be involved in criminal activity, who subsequently, unknown to you, just robbed a store.
    You and your friend are arrested and you are faced with several choices after that, BUT, INITIALLY YOU CHOSE THE FRIEND, AND YOU CHOSE TO GO WITH HIM IN THE CAR.

Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by koan View Post
    Even Martha Stewart ended up in jail.

I've broken the law before. I've taken drugs before. I think I'm a pretty good person. There are differences in people's ability to reason. I think sometimes we look at the world as if everyone in it is seeing the same thing we are. It isn't so.

You can also ask why a person who is being abused refuses to leave them. What is the relevance in the query? Wanting to end crime? Crime happens in all forms. One of the reasons we end up with "low end" crime - the stuff we talk about most - is because no one is making advances in solving white collar crime - which reduces the resources available to society, resulting in poverty.
    Well said!!!

Supporting Member along-for-the-ride's Avatar
    Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    01:15 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    It is about choices....and the consequences of those choices.
    Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast